The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back!

+6
Mind the windows Tino.
HumanWindmill
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
captain carrantuohil
whotobeA
10 posters

Go down

Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back! Empty Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back!

Post by whotobeA Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm

Think i've just watched one of the worst Brit, action, gangster films ever! Gry Stretch was the main man in a film called 'the heavy'. Just a quick heads up if you havnt seen it...DONT!

I'm now thorouly glad he was punished by Eubankth.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back! Empty Re: Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back!

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:33 am

In fairness, though, he was marvellous in "Dead Man's Shoes", one of the best British films of any description of the past twenty years.

He boxed OK until Eubank got interested.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back! Empty Re: Gary Stretch, i want my hour & a half back!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

Never heard of him..but surely the film can't be any worse than any of the recent steven seagal movies..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:11 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:In fairness, though, he was marvellous in "Dead Man's Shoes", one of the best British films of any description of the past twenty years.

He boxed OK until Eubank got interested.

Is Dead Man's Shoes the one about the doorman or the one where the guys getting revenge for his brother? i've seen Eubank v Stretch but can't remember seeing him in the film.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

He was in both at once... hence his loss to Eubank......

Brits are very good at multi-tasking..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was in both at once... hence his loss to Eubank......

Brits are very good at multi-tasking..

laughing

It's been a long day, but it was worth the wait. That was damned funny, and it's a good job my wife hadn't yet brought me my Horlicks.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:57 pm

DMS is the one with the army brother going back home and looking for revenge, GG. If you don't know the film, I urge you to seek it out.

Brilliant, it is.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:04 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:DMS is the one with the army brother going back home and looking for revenge, GG. If you don't know the film, I urge you to seek it out.

Brilliant, it is.

Couldn't agree more. Cracking watch.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:06 pm

Would echo the thoughts of the captain on 'Dead Man's Shoes.' Very good film from Meadows, as ever. Considine is excellent, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:55 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
captain carrantuohil wrote:DMS is the one with the army brother going back home and looking for revenge, GG. If you don't know the film, I urge you to seek it out.

Brilliant, it is.

Couldn't agree more. Cracking watch.

Have seen it Captain, great film. Is stretch one of the guy's in the house that gets fed all the Acid. Was getting mixed up with Dead Man's Cards which has Paul Barber (Denzil) out of Only Fools and Horses, and is also a good film. On having a look at the IMDB link i know who he is now.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:57 pm

Dead Man's Cards
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455933/

Dead Man's Shoes
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Sun 19 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never heard of him..but surely the film can't be any worse than any of the recent steven seagal movies..

The one where he's an ex-Navy Seal who's family are murdered by corrupt politician, or the one where he's an ex-CIA agent who's family are murdered by a corrupt politician? It doesn't matter, both formats are equally as brilliant Smile

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:23 am

Hey guys. Sorry to litter the board bt just wanted all you good 606 peeps to know i have just started a boxing blog of my own. I will be doing fight predicitons, recaps, boxing news, polls and plenty more once i get into the swing of it. Also (for the mods here) i plan to PROMOTE 606V2,(see my link to here from my site) i think we have some great posters on here so i will be flowing traffic this way too. The blog is new but i will be posting regularly and would be very happy to have any of you on there. One former 606er has found his way on there (he was a controversial figure on here but im hoping he keeps it clean on my site) before anyone asks i am NOT his alter ego. the site is

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Would be great to have you aboard. so get signed up,or just visit from time to time folks

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

Small Time wrote:
The one where he's an ex-Navy Seal who's family are murdered by corrupt politician, or the one where he's an ex-CIA agent who's family are murdered by a corrupt politician? It doesn't matter, both formats are equally as brilliant Smile

No no, the one where he's an ex-Navy Seal who's also a chef.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down