The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?

+6
jjimbojames
md_fan
Tianjing
bigjonatkinson
djlovesyou
skimpton
10 posters

Go down

Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?  Empty Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?

Post by skimpton Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm

Also have there been any performances since Sunday?

If only lsabre was here to keep us informed.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?  Empty Re: Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

Comprehensive results and future meets can be found here;

http://www.thepowerof10.info/results/resultslookup.aspx

http://www.topsinathletics.com/default.asp?page=503C4E287E235C3B

http://www.european-athletics.org/latest-results-2011.html

Here is a calander for events;

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/calendar/bydate/index.html

You can find virtually anything on these sites, if I find anymore I will let you have them. If you spot any great performances please share them with us
8)

Back to top Go down

Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?  Empty Re: Anyone know which british athletes are competing this week and where and when?

Post by djlovesyou Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

flashcoach wrote:

You can find virtually anything on these sites, if I find anymore I will let you have them. If you spot any great performances please share them with us
8)

I don't have to do that. We've got someone on this site who does it happily and comprehensively after every event, whilst maintaining the forum in a manner which curtails any conflicts and minimises senseless political garbage.

Oh wait.. We don't anymore? Wonder why that can be?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

DJ - as I've mentioned on another thread on this site, whilst it is regretable that Lsabre is no longer posting the up to date info and results, the floor is now open for someone else to take over that task if they so wish.

Flash - thank you for the links to those sites.

If any one else knows of any more that could be a big help in getting all the up to date results back up on this forum again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

That is just your opinion and not one a number of us on here agree with. I shall not respond to your unjustified sarcasm though, because I agree with YIMAN (thats a fabulous name by the way Very Happy ) that we should be polite and freindly and consierate and feel comfortable when making our posts and expressing our opinions on any subject relating to athletics.

You are most welcome rugbydreamer Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjonatkinson Tue 21 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Problem is, I think we're very unlikely to find someone who has the time, will and relentless enthusiasm to fulfill even a much diminished similar role. Shame.

bigjonatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

The England U23 and U20 World Trials are being held this weekend in Bedford, can't see a list of athletes competing at the moment...

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:31 pm

Where did lsabre get his info from? It's almost as if he was on the scene at every event and was the first reporter to break the story on each performance. BBC athletics should hire him as a correspondent really.

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:36 pm

All results become available within a few days, reading it a day or two later on the Power of ten site , or in athletics weekly, is no real hardship to me,

Back to top Go down

Post by jjimbojames Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:40 am

I think the BBC is too mainstream for him - real athletics fans want results as they happen but the 'casual' viewer is happy with some sort of weekly round up, as we see them show in the next meet they cover

jjimbojames

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:39 am

Isabre wasn't privy to athletics results quicker than anyone else, he just scoured the websites to look for results, all of which have been mentioned.

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:48 pm

He did scour them, that's the point.

It's just a shame there was a campaign to have him removed.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

djlovesyou wrote:It's just a shame there was a campaign to have him removed.

There was no such campaign. Your imagination is running away with you now

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

Davie wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:It's just a shame there was a campaign to have him removed.

There was no such campaign. Your imagination is running away with you now

He's gone. For no reason other than protecting us from a barrage of political abuse directed at UKA.

Maybe not a campaign, but there wasn't any cause to remove his status.

He was charged with keeping harmony on this forum & now that he's gone, everyone is irate. Coincidence?

NOPE!

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

camerajuan wrote:He's gone.

Correct. Move on

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

I believe that it was a campaign in the sense that there were those who perhaps had the intention of getting under his skin, and then making sure the 'admins' knew all about how hard done by they'd been.

He had been subtlely provoked for weeks.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

What you believe is irrelevant (and wrong anyway).

The subject is closed. Get back to the topic or the thread will be locked (and the culprits receive a temp ban)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

A bit early to say that the site has gone to pot yet, there havent been any international meets in the short space since the weekend, im sure as the weekend approaches when more meets start to take place and results come in, we can all as a group share the results and discuss them.

For instance there is a meet in Poland this weekend which British athletes will be attending, Andrew Steele for one, wheni see the start lists i shall post them.

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

That would be brilliant if you could do that Tianjing, thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Wed 22 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

Posting a list of web-sites does not replace the work that lsabre was doing.

His parsing and presentation of the information from those sites represented his true value to this forum. It easy to say that the info is readily available to anyone but it's not a simple thing to reproduce the level and quality of reporting that lsabre was capable of.

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Wed 22 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm

http://www.athleticsontrack.com/news.html

This is not so bad place to get info. lol

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:31 pm

Its hardly difficult to click a link is it, im not here to waste my time copying and pasting results and putting names in bold like Isabre, i have more important things to do in life thanks.....
A forum is to discuss things, results can easily be accessed from numerous sites, it is easier than ever to find results, im sure people will post important results but i dont think anyone would volunteer themselves to waste their time like that....

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:38 pm

You can argue until you're blue in the face but you're not going to change the fact that the vast majority of people (everyone but you and flash perhaps?) thinks that the forum has been severely devalued by what happened. lsabre didn't just copy and paste results.

I appreciate that you, along with flash, have issues with lsabre because he was positive about British athletics. You've got what you want, why not just let it lie?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

djlovesyou you really have the wrong end of the stick

If Isabre wasn't so petulant he would return and carry on like he did, im not arguing, im just saying what Isabre did was nothing that noone else can't do, look on 2 -3 websites and see results. I too liked his updates, i just didnt always agree with his spin on things, amongst other posters on here, if he is not adult enough to discuss his opinions then that is his default. TFN and athletics weekly have banned the guy, kind of says a lot about his approach to other peoples opinions and his respect levels of others, he shouldnt get so wound up by others. But as admin has said i think we should just draw a line under it, he has left by choice...

Don't paint me to be someone who knocks British atlhetics because i am not, and you will not find one post on this message board that sees me doing so

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:56 pm

So you hope Britain gets zero medals in every major championship but still regard yourself as a supporter of British athletics?

I don't really get that.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

Where have i said that i hope Britian doesn't get any medals ?

You have me confused with someone else

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

To be honest, i never really read Isabre long posts. Just get the grips of what it was about, normally not very interesting. But on the odd occassion, he'd know of an odd meet that i wasn't aware of.

I hope Isabre, is enjoying life a little more now. Its summer, look outside... go and enjoy it. Don't spend loads of time re-writing other reports work, or trying to put a story behind a results table/video. You are not getting paid for it.

Enjoy life Isabre! There is more to it that serving us with information.

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

Trust me. I'm not confused.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

Yes trust me you are, i post under no other name on any other board, you will not find a single post of me slating British athletes

Anyhow i don't think i'll be posting here much longer if people are more interested in posting about others that athletics

Zaijian !!

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

You're not on any other board, but you seemed to know an awful lot of details about lsabre's posting history on other boards?

Maybe you just joined this one and did some extensive research. Fair enough, my bad.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:26 pm

Tianjing stick it out this will soon blow over Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

Let's get lsabre back - at least he knew what was going on

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down