The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy Welch/Walsh is back.

+2
John Cregan
dublfcynwa
6 posters

Go down

Tommy Welch/Walsh is back. Empty Tommy Welch/Walsh is back.

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

KILKENNY'S Tommy Walsh has confirmed that he will be fit for the Leinster SHC final against Dublin on Sunday week.

Walsh, who missed the semi-final victory over Wexford due to a shoulder injury, returned to training last week. "It's all systems go," said the Tullaroan star. "I'm back into the games and all. I've two weeks now to get it right."

Kilkenny haven't beaten Dublin in three attempts so far this year -- they lost in the Walsh Cup and league finals, either side of a draw in the Spring Series league clash.

Tempers flared during the league decider and the Cats finished the game with 14 men after Eoin Larkin was sent off, but Walsh denied that they lost their discipline.

"I don't think we really lost our discipline that much," said the adidas ambassador.

"A lot of incidents go on in games right throughout the country, but in Croke Park there are cameras that see absolutely everything.

"If there was the same number of cameras at every game in the country in the last few weeks there'd be a lot more incidents being talked about.

"Our discipline is top notch -- it always was -- and we have never really had problems."

- Donnchadh Boyle

Irish Independent

Some intersesting stuff there from Tommy, especially the last bit, I don't think his discipline has alway's been top notch. Anyhow does anyone give Dublin a chance here or will Kilkenny bate them handy?
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Tommy Welch/Walsh is back. Empty Re: Tommy Welch/Walsh is back.

Post by John Cregan Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

i give Dublin a chance all right........but wouldn't be surprised if KK do them by 7 or 8.................not sure the dubs get enough goals................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

Great. Back to pulling and dragging and dirty striking and being hailed as an incredible player for doing it.

He plays "on the edge" whilst other players are dirty.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:48 am

Walsh has been one of the truly filthiest hurlers of his generation as well as being the best half back of his generation......................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Im not really confident about this game, I can see Kilkenny winning pretty easy especially with this guy back. He's a dirty little git but he is also some player when he get's going.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

A truly wonderful hurler.
Every county has their share of players that play the same game as Tommy Walsh so don't be getting carried away with yourselves.

Kilkenny by 10.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

I'm torn as to what any result might mean.

kilkenny are far from the spent force we are being told in some quarters.

One one hand, this could be the rebirth for Kilkenny or an important stepping stone for the dublin hurlers to prove it in the championship. In the life cycle of the Dublin team, a leinster championship is an important road marker for them.

On the other hand, Kilkenny have every expectation to be there or thereabouts in september and the Dubs will be thinking they are in with more than a decent shout. Their path is easier if they win.

It means everything and nothing depending on how you want to put it.

personally I think Daly is a man for putting down a marker and he knows that this is a statement of intent. the problem is that the dubs are beset by a number of key injuries. They coped admirably against Galway but a badly performing Galway is a different animal altogether that the powder pissers
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

Tayto wrote:A truly wonderful hurler.
Every county has their share of players that play the same game as Tommy Walsh so don't be getting carried away with yourselves.

Kilkenny by 10.

Really?

The hurling equivalent of Paul scholes and his tackling. nobody passes comment on it because he is a fine player. Whereas your man in the street can see it for the filth that it is.

they call it the 'dark arts' and nobody is as adept at it as tommy
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

Brian Carthy once brought up walsh's "style" of "dirty" play with Brian Cody once............oh sorry he didn't, instead he said..........."Brian Cody, the greatest manager ever to walk the earth, you must be annoyed with the unfair criticism given to Tommy Walsh in the media. Does it annoy you Brian, that one of the greatest players ever to play the game is sometimes vilified unfairly". Cody responded to Carthy " I agree 100% with you Brian"

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

Carthy is an ass-w*pe! That is why they wanted him as chief correspondent.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:54 pm

Really looking forward to this Leinster final. I'm thinking the Dubs can build on their momentum against the cats already this year, but, KK will be a dangerous animal and I would still probably be taken aback if the Dubs do win.

Tommy got his comeuppance during the first International test, penance from a shintyland caman- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tx5EGcEdqo
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm

fair play for getting up after it though. that was some pull.

RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down