The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma?

+9
patrick91
CorkGeordie
dublfcynwa
Gaelic-Warrior
Thomond
Cari
sportydan
Ar aghaidh le cheile
RebelBhoy
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma? - Page 4 Empty Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma?

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

futble

Donegal v Tyrone
Dublin v Kildare
Wexford v Carlow
London v Fermanagh
Antrim v Westmeath
Clare v Down
Cavan v Longford
Wicklow v Sligo
Laois v Tipperary
Louth v Meath
Offaly v Monaghan

Hurling

Cork V Ofally
Antrim v Carlow

well done to the dub u-21s for coming from behind to reach the Leinster final.

Anyone know (or care) when thee Ulster final has been rearranged for.

RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma? - Page 4 Empty Re: Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma?

Post by John Cregan Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

Patrick, you are beginning to sound as paranoid as Alex Ferguson!!
Of course 31 counties will want Longford to win(sorry 30 counties, they really dont care in Kilkenny). If Kerry or Cork were playing Longford, all neutrals would be shouting for them........

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma? - Page 4 Empty Re: Live Scores- 25-26/6/11 Karma?

Post by patrick91 Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

if i wasent tyrone i would be roaring on longford but i expect nuetrality from pundits not much to ask.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:44 pm

John Cregan wrote:Patrick, you are beginning to sound as paranoid as Alex Ferguson!!
Of course 31 counties will want Longford to win(sorry 30 counties, they really dont care in Kilkenny). If Kerry or Cork were playing Longford, all neutrals would be shouting for them........

London and Nooyawk!!!
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:45 am

patrick91 wrote:if i wasent tyrone i would be roaring on longford but i expect nuetrality from pundits not much to ask.
. THrone have been a great side for the last 10 years and probably should of beaten donegal on sunday. When youve been on top for that lenght of time people will want to see you fail. As for of the ball shenanagians tyrone are not a soft team and have dished out plenty down the years themselves. As a derry man id rather be playing donegal in an ulster final than tyrone and can think of no higher compliment to tyrone than that. Thats not to underestimate donegal by the way.

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

Ah Rebel, stop talking. You are contradicting yourself all over the place. You said.......
"Kerry secured a draw against us last year with a free every bit as soft as yesterdays, if not more.... along with a host of other decisions that they got across the 2 games.."

Then you go on to say........
"Shoulda coulda woulda"

Which is it? You either accept results or you don't.

You say Cork are smarter now. But we don't know that yet. Kerry were the only team to beat Cork last year and we will never know if Cork would have won the AI if they had to meet at Croker. But that is all if's and but's.
Cork won the AI and were worthy champions. I will be more convinced of your claim when they beat Kerry in a semi or AI final.

Anyway Rebel, how do you rate the contenders for the title this year. Is it Leinster v Munster or do Tyrone still have a say as to where Sam is going?

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

akaredtop wrote:Ah Rebel, stop talking. You are contradicting yourself all over the place. You said.......
"Kerry secured a draw against us last year with a free every bit as soft as yesterdays, if not more.... along with a host of other decisions that they got across the 2 games.."

Then you go on to say........
"Shoulda coulda woulda"

Which is it? You either accept results or you don't.

You say Cork are smarter now. But we don't know that yet. Kerry were the only team to beat Cork last year and we will never know if Cork would have won the AI if they had to meet at Croker. But that is all if's and but's.
Cork won the AI and were worthy champions. I will be more convinced of your claim when they beat Kerry in a semi or AI final.

Anyway Rebel, how do you rate the contenders for the title this year. Is it Leinster v Munster or do Tyrone still have a say as to where Sam is going?

No contradiction. You got a soft free to secure a draw against us last year along with several other key decisions that aided your victory. There is no doubt about that. None at all. In the 09 final, there is a significant doubt that we would have prevailed, even if the ref had officiated equitable fashion.

I'd like another look at Derry before discounting anything coming from Ulster but as I see it right now there are 2.5 contenders for sam.

you, us and the dubs making up the half.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

Are you writing off Tyrone and Kildare? Personally I would not include ourselves in it with the lack of midfielders. I would like to see Tyrone get through if only for Kerry to beat them in the final. Yes Derry looked good against Armagh but how good are Armagh? Is it Munster vs Connacht and Leinster vs Ulster in the semis. If qualifiers don't make it it could be Kerry/Cork v Mayo and Derry v Dublin. However most years the provincial champs don't do that well in the quarters. Possible finals of Kerry/Cork v Dublin.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

Yeah, i'm writing em off. I know teams get better and stronger, so things could change but just now I haven't seen much. Tyrone haven't been any great shakes for a couple or three years.

Kerry have so much know how that they can find a way to operate without an effective midfield pairing. especially if it isn't us you are against. the dubs, for example play down the wings a lot. you'd not bother so much then
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

Would'nt write off Derry or Kildare myself. Tyrone, I think the tragedy that happened the Harte family is still affecting the whole Tyrone set up and I don't expect them to go much further. Down have the forward's to trouble anyone it's just their defence that would let them Down when it's come's Down to it imo.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Its far to early and a little bit arrogant to be discounting everybody else but the munster duopoly.
Qualifiers are a great way of rehabilitating teams.
Derry need another day out to prove they are a serious threat. Kildare if they can get past Laois cannot be discounted. Armagh on a given day have potential and Down if they can sort the middle out also have a chance.
I dont think Tyrone have it in them anymore. As far as Iremember the last backdoor campaign came on the back of a defeat by Down having scored 21 pts in Newry. The forwrd display v the Dubs in the qualfiers last year and the performance against Donegal would not inspire hope.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:07 pm

tyrone need to beef up in the forwards donegal didnt win the match tyrone lost it. As a derry man id much rather be playing donegal than tyrone. Tho i know derry are the nearly men of ulster football. I think breenan will have donegals number.

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4