The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye damaged right hand?

+16
Colonial Lion
The Galveston Giant
Knowsit17
HumanWindmill
Eric Da Cat
Imperial Ghosty
School Project
slash912
kevchadders
sparkymarky
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Pound-for-Pound
Young_Towzer
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
eezerthegeezer
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye damaged right hand? Empty Haye damaged right hand?

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:15 pm

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been done before but I've been thinking about Haye's reluctance to shake Wlad's hand.

Could this be because his hand is injured?

Could well be, if they were to shake hands im sure there would be some macho squeezing going on and if the hand is injured then it will show Wlad the weakness is there

What do you think?

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Haye damaged right hand? Empty Re: Haye damaged right hand?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:16 pm

I think you're a wally....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

Maybe he thinks Wlad's gonna pull a Russian spy job and poison him with something on his palm...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

No, he wouldn't shake Wlad's hand because he's trying to Bully the Ukrainian, end of and he aint a gentleman.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

What do you think?
personally i think your a wum but hey that's another matter!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

I remember Ali used to try and clinch an opponent as early as possible in a fight to test their physical strength. Maybe Wlad is attempting something similar and Haye is aware of this.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:No, he wouldn't shake Wlad's hand because he's trying to Bully the Ukrainian, end of and he aint a gentleman.

Disagree. Haye does right in my opinion. All the hand shaking and hugging between mosley and Pacquiao before their fight made me sick. This is a fight, not a nice guy competition, a bit of pre fight needle always makes for good entertainment. As long as they fight fair and touch gloves before the fight there's no rule that says they have to be best buddies. Most boxers embrace or at least acknowledge each other after the fight which shows respect, and I'd at least like to see that from haye, win or lose.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkymarky Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:No, he wouldn't shake Wlad's hand because he's trying to Bully the Ukrainian, end of and he aint a gentleman.

Disagree. Haye does right in my opinion. All the hand shaking and hugging between mosley and Pacquiao before their fight made me sick. This is a fight, not a nice guy competition, a bit of pre fight needle always makes for good entertainment. As long as they fight fair and touch gloves before the fight there's no rule that says they have to be best buddies. Most boxers embrace or at least acknowledge each other after the fight which shows respect, and I'd at least like to see that from haye, win or lose.

Agree with that!
If Haye does not shake hands after the fight then i will lose all respect for him. However, i think he's employing the right kind of tactics in the build up to this fight. I just hope he backs all the talk up. He'll look a bigger plonker than Audley!

sparkymarky

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

Haye's never to the best of my knowledge shown disrespect after a fight. In all the instances I've seen he gives opponents their dues. He's not stupid, and nor is he the kind of one-dimensional a***hole some seem to think he is. It's all just to sell the fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

Erm... he does have another hand to shake with

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:06 pm

Thanks for your responses guys

No I'm not a WUM, it's a genuine question and I think there's some truth in it.

I guess we will find out next week, can't wait!

Kevchadders - people shake with their right hands didn't you know that? Ermm it's called tradition, nice try tho now go play

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think you're a wally....

Nice one Truss, been a while, I see you haven't changed a bit :-)

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

kevchadders wrote:Erm... he does have another hand to shake with

Or does he..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

Haye's definitely not a gent.

But i think there's more to it than that, on Ringside when Wlad held his hand out Haye looked uncomfortable, and he has has right hand trouble in the past

Is it so inconceivable to think he's not shaking coz it's damaged?

I really don't think so, wouldn't be surprised if it came out after the fight

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Knew you'd like the compliment eezer..

Biggest fight of your life...you don't fight with a bad hand..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

I think it's pretty inconceivable that he'd continue and not postpone the fight if he's injured his hand. Biggest fight of his career, biggest fight in heavyweight boxing in years, second biggest fight on the planet that could be made right now...I don't think Haye would want to give this less than 100%.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

True, he could pull out if hand is damaged but what if it's nearly healed, Wlad crushing it could then put the fight off altogether

We will see...

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

People compete in all sports with injuries all the time and we don't hear about it

Froch has been man enough to admit that he's never been 100% going into a fight

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

Froch having a dodgy ear is a bit different to going into a fight lacking 50% of your arsenal though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

A damaged hand would hinder his training too, thus rendering your point about it 'nearly being healed' irrelevant.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:10 pm

On the preview of HBOs Face Off, Haye told Klitschko he didn't want him hurting his hand... make of it what you will but I think the OP wouldn't be far off the point

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

Talk and mind games, that's all it is.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:35 pm

Slash912 - not true mate, not at all.

In an amateur bout when I was about 15 (many moons ago) I hurt my little finger. I didn't feel it at the time but hurt like hell after when trying to get the glove off.

I remember afterwards being able to punch no problem but it hurt like hell if I caught my little knuckle square, or even worse, I shook hands with someone and they squeezed my hand.

Also imagine the pressure of Wlad squeezing your hand after you've been parading around in a t-shirt of him and his brother dead, I wouldn't want him squeezing my hand injury or not.

I'm sure stories of Haye damaging his hand will come out after the fight, don't know why, just a real gut feeling, but if it does then people wil just say it's an excuse etc..

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

BALTIMORA - yes he mentioned he had ear trouble.

But he also mentioned back and hand trouble...

I think it's admirable of him to admit he doesn't go into fights 100% but if you think about it it's obvious really

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:45 pm

You disagree there's a surprise!. Haye goes overboard, there's no need for how he carries on its out of order, he's not funny he's boring and sad with the things he does. Jim Watt, and the rest of sky even said he's out of order, and he hasn't got to Wlad, i don't think anything what he's done has had any effect whatsoever on Wladimir. This fight sells itself, there's no need to be making sick iphone apps like that, distasteful. I think Haye will win the fight, but i don't like the guy, he tries too hard to be the bad guy imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

There's a cancellation clause in the contract that says if either side pulls out due to injury then they have to pay the other a shed load of money.

Klitschko will try to break his hand if they shake as he is lookin for a way out, Haye knows this and wih his notouriously dodgy right hand is not taking the risk.

Haha liked that didn't you

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

eezerthegeezer wrote:BALTIMORA - yes he mentioned he had ear trouble.

I think it's admirable of him to admit he doesn't go into fights 100% but if you think about it it's obvious really

I didn't mean that as a disparaging comment, not one bit. Simply meant that while it's one thing having to adapt to some niggling injures, going into a fight knowing full well you can use only one hand would be career suicide.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

The fight sells itself here and in Germany but without Hayes antics the americans wouldn't care one bit which opens up a significant part of the market for any future fight he has, having watched the HBO face off it was clear that Wlad was very rattled by what Haye had been saying.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:53 pm

Towzer, the fight sells better with all of Haye's antics, like it or not.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

Nah, it's an heavyweight unification fight between two of the 3 best heavyweights in the world. It's all well and good calling someone out when you haven't even had a fight at heavyweight which is what he did, that got him the hype. The iphone app, etc was out of order, like it or not.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:01 pm

Personally not too bothered about what Wladimir thinks is out of order, i'll be paying to see his head taken off next saturday and hopefully it will be

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:01 pm

Out of order or not is irrelevant. If you think what he's done is any worse than some of the things Ali did then you've a skewed sense of perspective. All's fair in the build-up, it's how a boxer conducts himself after the right-win or lose-which matters.

Sure he'd done nothing at heavyweight, but he'd unified at cruiser and was shrewd in talking himself into a title fight and now this high-profile match-up while avoiding having to trawl through the contenders as Adamek has done. You may not like it, and I'm not asking you to, but of the two answer me this: who has been the smarter businessman?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Disagree. Haye does right in my opinion. All the hand shaking and hugging between mosley and Pacquiao before their fight made me sick. This is a fight, not a nice guy competition, a bit of pre fight needle always makes for good entertainment. As long as they fight fair and touch gloves before the fight there's no rule that says they have to be best buddies. Most boxers embrace or at least acknowledge each other after the fight which shows respect, and I'd at least like to see that from haye, win or lose.
You disagree there's a surprise!. Haye goes overboard, there's no need for how he carries on its out of order, he's not funny he's boring and sad with the things he does. Jim Watt, and the rest of sky even said he's out of order, and he hasn't got to Wlad, i don't think anything what he's done has had any effect whatsoever on Wladimir. This fight sells itself, there's no need to be making sick iphone apps like that, distasteful. I think Haye will win the fight, but i don't like the guy, he tries too hard to be the bad guy imo.
-----------------------

Dude there was absolute need for what Haye did, he brought himself so much publicity he fought for the WBA title in his 2nd fight at the weight, and now fighting the undisputed champion after looking sub standard against Ruiz and taking the proverbial Michael out of every boxing fan by taking on Audrey in what was the biggest farce ever.

He's done these things to blag his way into this fight, it's genius because this is now looked at as the biggest HW fight in nearly a decade, if Haye had got the fight without doing the things he did then it would be just another Klit fight and no one outside England or Germany would give a toss about it.

He's not doing it now because as u said the fight now sells itself

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:17 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
eezerthegeezer wrote:BALTIMORA - yes he mentioned he had ear trouble.

I didn't mean that as a disparaging comment, not one bit. Simply meant that while it's one thing having to adapt to some niggling injures, going into a fight knowing full well you can use only one hand would be career suicide.
-----------------

No worries mate, I didn't think you did.

By hand trouble I mean something niggling, something that a 6ft6 giant might hurt when he squeezes his hand, it would be litterally suicide going into this fight with only your weaker hand!

In response to your other post, I was watching Adamek on Eurosport the other night against Kevin McBride and I was thinking the same thin
Haye and his team have done a genius thing the way they've gone about getting this fight, 3 years ago no one outside boxing fans really knew who Haye was, now everyone knows who he is, and what's he done? He's getting this much recognition due to what he's done out the ring more than in it, fair play to him he's made fortune along the way

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:18 pm

eezer you boring Muppet
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

Eric Da Cat wrote:eezer you boring Muppet

-----------------
Make up a decent rap about it and I might, u mug

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

You're a Minister aren't you..hope you don't talk like that in front of your congregation..

We are going to sing f****n hymn no46 now doesn't seem right somehow.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're a Minister aren't you..hope you don't talk like that in front of your congregation..

We are going to sing f****n hymn no46 now doesn't seem right somehow.

Thoroughly enjoyed that comment Truss, you're a character mate I'll give you that we have a bit banter so big respect, all in good fun.

But this Eezer fella what a horrible bore, get back to ur cyber mates eezer, there's a good lad.
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

Yeah Eric, unlike your excellent contribution he's just awful..(!) Thanks for the constructive input.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:34 pm

It's a shame some of the same idiots from the old 606 have come over.

Eric if I'm so boring then don't come on my article.

Get a life son...

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

Calm down guys and word of advice Eezer i'd edit that post before anyone else sees it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

Goodnight Eezer, give me a shout when you've got something interesting to say.

All da best
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

Easy with the ....

It's copyrighted Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:38 pm

Truss leave this thread ur overqualified for Eezer, he's having a nice nite in with his 14 year old mate they've got a snakes and ladders competition set up.

Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

Not snakes n ladders, we playing Dance Party it's what us teens r into :-)

By idiots from the old 606 that was intended for my mate Eric, no one else.

Anyway I'm off to play Dance Party with my 14 year old friends, might play snakes n ladders later after I go out on my skateboard and make some prank calls, then I'll have a really late night and stay up till about 11

Thanks for blowing my cover Eric!!

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

Eric Da Cat wrote:Truss leave this thread ur overqualified for Eezer, he's having a nice nite in with his 14 year old mate they've got a snakes and ladders competition set up.

You mean me?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:45 pm

I will next time we play Balti, mark my words i'll win

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:47 pm

Fellas, you've just had me running around editing posts and it's not my preferred way to spend my time.

Would appreciate it if you rein in the personal stuff, please. Just call it a draw and say that I ruined the chance for you to find a winner.

Thanks.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:50 pm

Windy, Sorry mate will do

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

Thanks, mate. I appreciate it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next