The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye damaged right hand?

+16
Colonial Lion
The Galveston Giant
Knowsit17
HumanWindmill
Eric Da Cat
Imperial Ghosty
School Project
slash912
kevchadders
sparkymarky
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Pound-for-Pound
Young_Towzer
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
eezerthegeezer
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye damaged right hand? - Page 2 Empty Haye damaged right hand?

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been done before but I've been thinking about Haye's reluctance to shake Wlad's hand.

Could this be because his hand is injured?

Could well be, if they were to shake hands im sure there would be some macho squeezing going on and if the hand is injured then it will show Wlad the weakness is there

What do you think?

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Haye damaged right hand? - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye damaged right hand?

Post by BALTIMORA Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I will next time we play Balti, mark my words i'll win

Snakes & Ladders isn't really my game anyway...I'm more of a Boggle kind of guy.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Never used to have all this attitude...

until windy joined the board...

Get rid I say.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Disagree. Haye does right in my opinion. All the hand shaking and hugging between mosley and Pacquiao before their fight made me sick. This is a fight, not a nice guy competition, a bit of pre fight needle always makes for good entertainment. As long as they fight fair and touch gloves before the fight there's no rule that says they have to be best buddies. Most boxers embrace or at least acknowledge each other after the fight which shows respect, and I'd at least like to see that from haye, win or lose.
You disagree there's a surprise!. Haye goes overboard, there's no need for how he carries on its out of order, he's not funny he's boring and sad with the things he does. Jim Watt, and the rest of sky even said he's out of order, and he hasn't got to Wlad, i don't think anything what he's done has had any effect whatsoever on Wladimir. This fight sells itself, there's no need to be making sick iphone apps like that, distasteful. I think Haye will win the fight, but i don't like the guy, he tries too hard to be the bad guy imo.

You're entitled to your opinion but personally I hope boxing doesn't deviate from its route in terms of disrespect. As was said, it's the post-fight reaction that counts towards truly judging a fighter's character and most of the time the winner and loser are man enough to respect each other regardless of previous slurs.

When you're about to engage in physical combat with another man there's no rule that says you have to respect him. Imo that is what sets boxing apart from most other sports. This isn't snooker. Some will behave out of fear, others out of motivational anger. Personally I continue to say Haye is acting tactically, in order to get beneath Klitschko's skin, to try and break his focus to give himself a better chance on the night. Wlad simply isn't used to this degree of mental jousting before a fight. But back to the topic of pre-fight antics, what exactly would you expect when baring in mind examples of tradition and history?

Has Haye talked trash about Wlad's mother? Has he threatened his kid(s)? What, declined a handshake Shocked Crying or Very sad

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Fellas, you've just had me running around editing posts and it's not my preferred way to spend my time.

Would appreciate it if you rein in the personal stuff, please. Just call it a draw and say that I ruined the chance for you to find a winner.

Thanks.

Apologies Windy, and I'll offer an apology to Eezer.

Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Eric, no worries

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 pm

eezerthegeezer wrote:Eric, no worries

Nice one my fault I'll hold my hands up, no offence intended , have a great weekend.
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:16 pm

buttlickers..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:17 pm

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Eric, thanks mate. I appreciate it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Don't think anythings up although i did panic a bit when i first seen the article. Haye loves to play mind games in the lead up to a fight so i would't be suspicious of certain things until they were official facts, not saying that has anything to do with the hand but i just feel better getting it off my chest.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Disagree. Haye does right in my opinion. All the hand shaking and hugging between mosley and Pacquiao before their fight made me sick. This is a fight, not a nice guy competition, a bit of pre fight needle always makes for good entertainment. As long as they fight fair and touch gloves before the fight there's no rule that says they have to be best buddies. Most boxers embrace or at least acknowledge each other after the fight which shows respect, and I'd at least like to see that from haye, win or lose.
You disagree there's a surprise!. Haye goes overboard, there's no need for how he carries on its out of order, he's not funny he's boring and sad with the things he does. Jim Watt, and the rest of sky even said he's out of order, and he hasn't got to Wlad, i don't think anything what he's done has had any effect whatsoever on Wladimir. This fight sells itself, there's no need to be making sick iphone apps like that, distasteful. I think Haye will win the fight, but i don't like the guy, he tries too hard to be the bad guy imo.

We aren't talking about the t-shirts and iPhone app. The article was about haye refusing to shake wlads hand and that's what I'm referring to. If he doesn't want to then he doesn't have to. He said he doesn't want to get too comfortable around wlad in case it takes any edge off his performance, which is fair enough he's not obliged to shake the guys hand. I prefer a bit of needle to the OTT handshaking and back slapping of the manny mosley match. At the end of the day this is a fight mate, not a bum licking competition.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:59 am

Its Hayes right to refuse to shake Wladimirs hand if he wishes, but I think it lacks class. Shaking someones hand, especially a fellow champion does not equate to some kind of love in. Nor do I think it comprimises the "needle" aspect of the fight.

I think the truth is that Haye has offered both Klitschkos very little respect as champions and people. I would not consider myself a Klitschko fan in the slightest but I dont think they have done anything to deserve the crass treatment Haye has subjected them to. I understand people will justify it as part of selling the fight but something as simple as a handshake between champions should not be considered a compromising act in the sport.

I think we as fans enjoy a contest where there is genuine needle and edginess between fighters but Im still not sure it justifies a carte blanche behave as one pleases. Perhaps Im old fashioned but I still see boxing as essentially a sport of respect and honour that shouldnt neccessarily need a Jerry Spinger-esque bulid up to excite. I fully understand that the kind of pally antics in the Pacquaio/Mosely fight was taken too far but ultimately the problem there was that it was a mismatch, as opposed to anything else. Had the fight been competitive I thin the buid up would have largely been forgotten about.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 am

Has Haye's behaviour been any worse than the pre-fight antics of Ali? If not then why are they received / judged in a different manner.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:18 am

LivinginItaly wrote:Has Haye's behaviour been any worse than the pre-fight antics of Ali? If not then why are they received / judged in a different manner.

Ali was widely criticised for some of his behavior. Especially towards Frazier and his links to the radical movememnts early in his career. History has remembered Ali very well, but its largely forgotten that at various times in his career he wasnt always the height of popularity and nor was his behaviour always condoned.

If we take the recent De Gale v Groves fight as an example my feeling was that the public was overwhelmingly in favour of the more clean cut and respectable Groves. Cant help feel people were not rushing to support De Gales action as merely selling the fight despite the fact it probably did get more people interested.

I think if we British are honest and the tables were turned with Wlad being one of our own and Haye being a foreigner there would not be the same level of justification. By all means it can be explained as selling the fight, but if so then I think its somewhat unreasonable for Haye to have the best of both worlds. If one behaves in the manner he does then its natural that certain people will be alienated by the behaviour. There is quite a large middle ground between being best pals and something simple like a handshake or extending a certain measure of respect.

Last edited by Colonial Lion on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:25 am

Haye himself has said in the last week or so that he doesn't care if people love or hate him or his antics, as long as they buy the fight. He's being a businessman, plain and simple.

As for whether or jot the British public would be more disgusted were Wlad acting the same way...personally it wouldn't bother me. I'd be more concerned by how Haye was responding to it, were the roles reversed.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

Says something in the paper today about Haye saying something vile about Wlad on Twitter and he might be in trouble for it

Anyone see what it was he said?

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:02 am

He said this yesterday:

Only 7 days till I get to Lick Klit, I'm literally leaking with anticipation!

Dunno if that's it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eezerthegeezer Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am

Cheers dude, Not that bad then!

eezerthegeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 pm

If he's said something worse it's not on there now.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Say Haye gets his head jabbed off and stopped within 6 rounds which is definitely possible, who thinks he'll stay around and talk,etc ? i personally think he'd be unbelievably embarassed and bitter. But that said i expect him to win, but its a 50/50 fight and anything's possible.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Towzer, Haye's only been beaten once so that's the only fight from which we can draw any inference as to how he'll behave IF he loses next weekend. I genuinely doubt he'd run away without saying something, and I'd absolutely expect him to give credit where due, as he usually does.

He's a big supporter of his fellow Brits, and anyone who can't see past the charade of this build-up is frankly short-sighted.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:13 pm

I have never understood why boxer shake hands in the 1st place ? Gentlemanly conduct ?
why ?
they are gonna try tearing each others heads off in the ring so why be all gentlemanly before hand .

lets just hope neither pulls out and that its a good fight .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:54 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:I have never understood why boxer shake hands in the 1st place ? Gentlemanly conduct ?
why ?
they are gonna try tearing each others heads off in the ring so why be all gentlemanly before hand .

lets just hope neither pulls out and that its a good fight .

Boxers, or fighters in general, tend to have a mutual respect for each other.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Boxers, or fighters in general, tend to have a mutual respect for each other. [/quote]

Fare do's but you dont need to be nice to somebody to respect them , and to be honest i dont think theres much respect being shown by either to the other . Wearing a t-shirt with the severed heads on it isnt very respectful . Not that im knocking Haye it got under the Klitz skins.
As not shaking hands did .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by jon200 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I don't think refusing to shake Klitchko's hand at a press conference is a problem, Haye doesn't like the guy so why should he?

As long as they touch gloves before the bell rings and say well fought after the final bell, then whats the problem?

Haye's antics are a means to an end. Some of the things he says are pretty close to the mark, but it's gets him the fights he wants and if he can unsettle his opponent before the fight then great.

jon200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2