The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phillips returns to Welsh squad

+16
PenfroPete
BATH_BTGOG
Cari
TheBlueMonday
tecphobe
Luckless Pedestrian
bedfordwelsh
nottins_jones
NewTraditionalHaka
cardiffstu
BigTrevsbigmac
Knowsit17
Totallybiasedscarlet
Cymroglan
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Phillips returns to Welsh squad - Page 2 Empty Phillips returns to Welsh squad

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2011, 6:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

What the title says, full article: here

Looks like he's seeking help for his behaviour problems (which makes me think he's actually got a real problem off the field). Not sure if it's a good thing he's back in or not, but tis hardly a surprise I guess!

Back to top Go down

Phillips returns to Welsh squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips returns to Welsh squad

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Alyn not all of those are proven, a lot which are just rumours, might be worth adding that into your post please Smile

Back to top Go down

Phillips returns to Welsh squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips returns to Welsh squad

Post by Shifty Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Alyn not all of those are proven, a lot which are just rumours, might be worth adding that into your post please Smile

ok Very Happy

Last edited by AlynDavies on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:09 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

The other players, behind Knoyle that impressed me were Webb at the O's, Wayne Evans and Jon Evans at the Dragons and Lloyd Williams at Blues.

These players all need time to mature but they all look very good. It is good to have so many players vying for the position.

But out of all the options, including Peel and Phillips, Knoyle is the player that i see the most future in.

Personally I think Lloyd Williams will be the best of those, he looked class every time I've seen him ( which isn't that often admittedly) , he just seems to have it all, whereas Knoyle's pass needs working on.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

Turkster wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

The other players, behind Knoyle that impressed me were Webb at the O's, Wayne Evans and Jon Evans at the Dragons and Lloyd Williams at Blues.

These players all need time to mature but they all look very good. It is good to have so many players vying for the position.

But out of all the options, including Peel and Phillips, Knoyle is the player that i see the most future in.

Personally I think Lloyd Williams will be the best of those, he looked class every time I've seen him ( which isn't that often admittedly) , he just seems to have it all, whereas Knoyle's pass needs working on.

Lloyd was injured for a large part of the season, very unfortunate as he would have given a better account of himself. But I agree that he looks very talented, hopefully he will have shifted Rees out of the way this year...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

For what it's worth, the scrum half I've been most impressed with this season is Rhys Webb. He's certainly one for the future.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:27 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:For what it's worth, the scrum half I've been most impressed with this season is Rhys Webb. He's certainly one for the future.

He would have been further ahead in his progress if it wasn't for his injury problems last year. Looks good though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

maestegmafia wrote:He would have been further ahead in his progress if it wasn't for his injury problems last year. Looks good though.

He did well at the end of last season considering the quality of ball given to him by the pack.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:He would have been further ahead in his progress if it wasn't for his injury problems last year. Looks good though.

He did well at the end of last season considering the quality of ball given to him by the pack.
Its easy when you have good ball.

No doubt a good player as he will apparently be first choice scrum half there next year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

Osprey and former team mate Ian Gough wrote:What’s your opinion the whole Mike Phillips "scandal" and other similar stories and what can be done to combat it?
Well one thing is don’t go out on the beers if you can’t handle it! I think on this occasion Mike was stitched up a bit but past misdemeanors have caught up with him, at least he didn’t get knocked out this time :-). We are grown men and we should know how to behave in public when we’ve had one or two beers, if you can’t you have to take the consequences.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:28 am

Good honest answer from Goughy. The problem is that in Mike Phillips's case, there weren't any real consequences. A scowl, a wink, a smile and a 'don't do it again' is about the size of it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:26 am

Turkster wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:

Pretty much the current erratic form he's shown all season, in particular against the big sides where it counts the most. He did improve in his last two games if that pleases you... Did alright against the Baa-baa's too as did Phillips. Also, I don't believe Knoyle would have been capable of scoring the try that Phillips scored in that game.

wow, where to start? so 'current' for you means the entire season? This same season where the post above yours descibes him as " definitely without doubt the form scrum half of the year"?
So, he didn't do well in the games against the big sides? the games where he was behind a very badly beaten pack, the games where the Scarlets were on the defensive for virtually the entire games? Who would have?
don't tell me...... you think Mike Phillips would have come out of those games smelling of roses and confirming himself as the 'form' scrumhalf in Wales. 🤦

You excuse his erratic play saying 'he was behind a beaten pack' so were Faletau and Phillips against the Baa-baa's, whom both played very well. So have many of our scrum halves. You can't blame Knoyle's poor execution of passes and kicks out on the full on that; he's made to many wrong decisions in his play all season so for me so just doesn't live up to the hype. No point in me arguing as the locals down that way never accept ANY sort of justified criticism against their players. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed inflamatory sentence)
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

maestegmafia wrote:Its easy when you have good ball.
No doubt a good player as he will apparently be first choice scrum half there next year.

Kahn Fotuali'i and Rhys Webb are going to be fighting it out next year hopefully Webb will win the spot.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

I really hope he does win the spot. It's important for Welsh rugby that he starts ahead of a NWQ player.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

nottins_jones wrote:
Turkster wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:

Pretty much the current erratic form he's shown all season, in particular against the big sides where it counts the most. He did improve in his last two games if that pleases you... Did alright against the Baa-baa's too as did Phillips. Also, I don't believe Knoyle would have been capable of scoring the try that Phillips scored in that game.

wow, where to start? so 'current' for you means the entire season? This same season where the post above yours descibes him as " definitely without doubt the form scrum half of the year"?
So, he didn't do well in the games against the big sides? the games where he was behind a very badly beaten pack, the games where the Scarlets were on the defensive for virtually the entire games? Who would have?
don't tell me...... you think Mike Phillips would have come out of those games smelling of roses and confirming himself as the 'form' scrumhalf in Wales. 🤦

You excuse his erratic play saying 'he was behind a beaten pack' so were Faletau and Phillips against the Baa-baa's, whom both played very well. So have many of our scrum halves. You can't blame Knoyle's poor execution of passes and kicks out on the full on that; he's made to many wrong decisions in his play all season so for me so just doesn't live up to the hype. No point in me arguing as the locals down that way never accept ANY sort of justified criticism against their players. Rolling Eyes

weird, I could have sworn Phillips was taken off in the Baabaa's game because he was playing so badly, strange how they played so much better when Knoyle came on, must be because I'm a one-eyed Turk eh? By the way Phillips is a Turk too ... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed inflamatory sentence)

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:52 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Good honest answer from Goughy. The problem is that in Mike Phillips's case, there weren't any real consequences. A scowl, a wink, a smile and a 'don't do it again' is about the size of it.
Well its not evident that he actually did anything wrong...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

Turkster wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:
Turkster wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:

weird, I could have sworn Phillips was taken off in the Baabaa's game because he was playing so badly, strange how they played so much better when Knoyle came on, must be because I'm a one-eyed Turk eh? By the way Phillips is a Turk too ... Rolling Eyes

Phillips was playing well, in fact he played well in the last few games of the six nations too, from Ireland onwards anyway.

THing was Knoyle played even better, which is great for the future, Knoyle is a hell of a prospect.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:55 am

maestegmafia, he was out late at night when they were about to start pre-World Cup training. Roger Lewis made a big play of this being 'unacceptable.'

Of course, a week later he's being allowe back in to the squad, which apparently also shows that the WRU takes a firm stance on this sort of thing, according to Mr Lewis!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:maestegmafia, he was out late at night when they were about to start pre-World Cup training. Roger Lewis made a big play of this being 'unacceptable.'

Of course, a week later he's being allowe back in to the squad, which apparently also shows that the WRU takes a firm stance on this sort of thing, according to Mr Lewis!

No Phillips was officially on holiday.

Roger Lewis said: ‘The player has been suspended due to a clear breach of the standards which we expect to be maintained by someone involved in one of our national squads.
‘Mike Phillips is an exceptional player, but there is irrefutable evidence that he was engaged in behaviour which falls below the standards we set.
‘It is vitally important that we send out a clear and unambiguous message. Our senior national squad players are highly visible and it is made clear to them that they are the ambassadors we rely on to foster and sustain our image.’

Police inspector Tony Bishop, of South Wales Police, said: 'In the early hours of Tuesday, June 14, South Wales Police attended Queen Street, Cardiff, following information received that a man was being restrained by security staff.
'Officers attended and the individual was placed into a police vehicle while enquiries were made in the location to establish what had taken place.
'No complaints were received, no persons wished to provide statements and no offences were disclosed.
'The man was taken away from the area and no further action was taken.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2004709/Mike-Phillips-suspended-Wales-squad.html#ixzz1QesqaJX5

As Inspector Bishop says the incident was dealt with and no charges were pressed I imagine that the WRU were only reacting to the way the media were dealing with the ALLEGATIONS and the incriminating photos.

There is not story as to why the incident occurred, what the cause of the bouncers reaction was.

Yes I agree Mike Phillips should be far more careful about his behaviour in public, it is not the first time that he has been caught looking a fool late at night in Cardiff.

But equally, considering his lack of favour with Wales, Osprey and Cardiff fans incidents may be provoked beyond a reasonable manner and bouncers are prone to overreacting.

There are no reports that Phillips was drunk or abusive, there are no reports of why the bouncers took the action they did.

Being allowed back into the Squad shows that the incident was probably an irrelevant situation that got out of hand and was unfortunately caught on an onlookers mobile phone. The Media reaction was bigger than what may or may not have happened.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

maestegmafia wrote:Roger Lewis said: ‘The player has been suspended due to a clear breach of the standards which we expect to be maintained by someone involved in one of our national squads.
‘Mike Phillips is an exceptional player, but there is irrefutable evidence that he was engaged in behaviour which falls below the standards we set.
‘It is vitally important that we send out a clear and unambiguous message. Our senior national squad players are highly visible and it is made clear to them that they are the ambassadors we rely on to foster and sustain our image.’

Well either he was in 'clear breach' of the standards set by the WRU or he wasn't. If there was 'irrefutable evidence' that he was, why have they now gone back on things and decided that it's okay because he's apologised?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:28 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Roger Lewis said: ‘The player has been suspended due to a clear breach of the standards which we expect to be maintained by someone involved in one of our national squads.

Well either he was in 'clear breach' of the standards set by the WRU or he wasn't. If there was 'irrefutable evidence' that he was, why have they now gone back on things and decided that it's okay because he's apologised?
Probably because it turned out when the WRU investigated it, he was not in a clear breach of the standards and the irrefutable evidence was refutable.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

Well what's Roger Lewis doing issuing press statements saying that he was in clear breach of the WRU's standards then? The man's a clown.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:44 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Well what's Roger Lewis doing issuing press statements saying that he was in clear breach of the WRU's standards then? The man's a clown.

Roger Lewis is the group chief executive for the WRU, he is an ex media exec that ran ITV Wales. He isnt a clown, he just reacted to the Media controversy surrounding the incident.

In hindsight Lewis would have been better in reacting in the same way Rob Andrew did in New Zealand a few years ago when England Players were caught in controversy. We all make mistakes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_union/article4166080.ece

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

No head of an organisation should say there's irrefutable evidence of something if there isn't. Unless of course he doesn't know what irrefutable means.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:No head of an organisation should say there's irrefutable evidence of something if there isn't. Unless of course he doesn't know what irrefutable means.

I guess Lewis's vocabulary is refutable in this case...!

I think that the statement was an over reaction due to the media hype surrounding the incident. Just glad its blown over now.

Unfortunately it does only add more matter to the pile of dirt that some of the squad members have created in the media already. And you are right to point out that a firmer stance should be made. The players are respected people in Wales and they should make sure that they are not in situations where they may compromise themselves in public or in the media's eye.

Rugby players are rugby players, and a good drink/party in the down time is not unacceptable, it should not be perceived so. But in the modern era of professionalism and more so of a sensationalist media that make big mountains out of any incident they can players and other leading figures in the game have to be extra cautionary. The media creates a guilty until un-equivacally proved innocent situation that has to be abided by.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

It is a shame that he added to the media hype with his statement.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:It is a shame that he added to the media hype with his statement.
I presume he was trying to quash it by making a tough statement. Which he did do.

Although it seems now that there was obviously little need for any more serious punishment and the WRU just want Phillips to get on and play the best rugby we know he can. To be fair to him he hasnt had a great ride this year on or off the pitch... Hopefully he can put all that behind him and look forward to an enterprising future...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

I don't see how his statement quashed the hype! He came out and said Mike Phillips was in clear breach of the WRU's standards, which gave the impression that the hype was justified.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

Turkster wrote:
laughing

Seriously, I think it's just you that thinks this pal! Phillips decision making weren't the best but everything else he did in that game was very well. Our backs had quick ball and played with such fluency. Maybe a fly-half at 10 and 12 helped this... Actually I thought the Wales management had later on questioned his team decision to leave him out of the last 5 or 6 games? I don't really take Phillips is a turk into account when I comment and never have. Mentioning it doesn't give your arguement any credibility.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

Phillips played better in the BaaBaa's game then he has for a long while, but that's not saying much. The delivery of the ball to the backs speeded up considerably as soon as he went off and Tavis came on, and considering Tavis' pass is probably the weakest part of his game, yet he was still faster then Phillips, says it all for me.

"Our backs had quick ball and played with such fluency" - seriously, which BaaBaa's match were you watching? our backs were anything but fluid. We only started playing well in the last 10-15 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

A Scarlet fan moderator...no wonder my posts on here have been edited. Our backs looked better in attack in that game than they have all season. They weren't standing lateral for once and looked much better and dangerous. All players were given a chance in that game, to say Phillips was brought off for playing badly is incorrect.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

nottins_jones wrote:Our backs looked better in attack in that game than they have all season.

I saw no evidence of that whatsoever. Seriously.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Name a game in the 6 Nations where our backs looked as good? They never knew how to execute an effective move in that enitre tournament.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

They looked equally inept in the Six Nations, no better and certainly no worse than they were against the Baa Baas.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

I didn't think so. I also thought the forwards gained ground a lot better. Players like Charteris and Faletau certainly putting their hands up. I would like to see Bradley and Luke in the 2nd row against England.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

We're going to disagree on Wales's performance against the Baa-Baas, but either way, there's not a lot to be taken from that kind of match. We'll get a better idea of where we are in the back-to-back matches against England.

I'm hoping to see signs - the slightest sign will do - that we have a Plan B in our locker.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Rugby players are rugby players, and a good drink/party in the down time is not unacceptable

NOT if it’s within 3 months or so of a WORLD CUP or tournament . NB – I am not saying Mikey was drunk in this case, I just think we need to rid ourselves of the ‘drinking is ok ‘ culture – these guys are supposed to be professionall.
I quote from an autobiography of a ‘legend’ of the modern game – “These were still the amateur days and I still enjoyed big nights out after games, but midweek drinking gradually decreased; by the time my last World cup came around 8 years later (note – this was 1995), I hardly touched alcohol mid-week and for 2 periods , pre-Lions tour 1989 and pre-World Cup 1191, I did not drink at all for 6 months. It was time to move on and up
The country he played for have contested 3 RWC finals and have actually won the thing. As a Welshman this pains me, but he might just be on to something

nottins_jones wrote: Phillips decision making weren't the best but everything else he did in that game was very well. Our backs had quick ball and played with such fluency
As an Ospreys fan (despite the monicker) who attended the Baa-Baa’s game, some oberservations
1) Service was considerable quicker with Knoyle than 'Splinters'
2) Our back play improved once 'Splinters' went off
3) Knoyle did NOT throw an intercept to Brock James which resulted in Tekori scoring

Last edited by PenfroPete on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

nottins_jones wrote:A Scarlet fan moderator...no wonder my posts on here have been edited. Our backs looked better in attack in that game than they have all season. They weren't standing lateral for once and looked much better and dangerous. All players were given a chance in that game, to say Phillips was brought off for playing badly is incorrect.

Only one post of yours has been edited by myself, for the removal of a personal insult which you were PM'd about. If you feel that the team I support is effecting my ability to moderate, please raise the issue with a member of the Admin team. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:19 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:A Scarlet fan moderator...no wonder my posts on here have been edited. Our backs looked better in attack in that game than they have all season. They weren't standing lateral for once and looked much better and dangerous. All players were given a chance in that game, to say Phillips was brought off for playing badly is incorrect.

Only one post of yours has been edited by myself, for the removal of a personal insult which you were PM'd about. If you feel that the team I support is effecting my ability to moderate, please raise the issue with a member of the Admin team. Thank you.

wow, fair play, he hates Knoyle so much he wants to throw personal insults around because someone disagrees. He reminds me of a Dragons supporter at P.Y.S earlier this year who couldn't stop himself shouting insults at the Scarlets fans because his team was losing, seems they're all the same.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

Turkster wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:

wow, fair play, he hates Knoyle so much he wants to throw personal insults around because someone disagrees. He reminds me of a Dragons supporter at P.Y.S earlier this year who couldn't stop himself shouting insults at the Scarlets fans because his team was losing, seems they're all the same.

Give it a rest mate...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:30 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:

Another post was edited on this article with no PM. I have no issue with you that I wish to take up with the Admin team. However had I posted the type of silly post that Turkster just wrote I'd have been modded before I even finished the sentence!
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm

Turkster, reckon you must have come across a bad egg of a Dragons supporter there, all the ones I've had the pleasure of meeting have been great! Lots of banter.

Going back to one of nottins_jones' comments.

"to say Phillips was brought off for playing badly is incorrect"

Correct. But I don't believe I ever said he was taken off for playing badly, I actually stated he'd played better then he had for a while. That doesn't change the fact that currently, he isn't good enough to play in the Wales team imo, and one of the reasons our backs have been struggling so badly, especially in the 6N's, is because of the slow service he provides us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:33 pm

nottins_jones wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:

Another post was edited on this article with no PM. I have no issue with you that I wish to take up with the Admin team. However had I posted the type of silly post that Turkster just wrote I'd have been modded before I even finished the sentence!

I'll own up on that one, just seeing how far the boundaries can be pushed, probably not my finest hour/post whatever. thumbsup

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:35 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Turkster, reckon you must have come across a bad egg of a Dragons supporter there, all the ones I've had the pleasure of meeting have been great! Lots of banter.

won't happen again. I'll be good censored

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

ha good Turkster, see that it doesn't thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:02 pm

I was at the Ba-Bas game, and it's true that our back play became faster and and more entertaining when Phillips & Jones came off. I also felt we were much more likely to lose , which we did, since the new scarlets entrants had woeful defense , and the Ba-Bas back 3 ran through them at will, even from their own 25. They had no answer to the pace and power of Nacewa, Bastereau, etc.

Phillips played far better than Henson, by the way.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:25 pm

Turkster wrote:
"weird, I could have sworn Phillips was taken off in the Baabaa's game because he was playing so badly, strange how they played so much better when Knoyle came on, must be because I'm a one-eyed Turk eh? By the way Phillips is a Turk too ... "

Nottings_Jones wrote:
"Seriously, I think it's just you that thinks this pal! "

And again I quote Rugbydreamer
"Our backs had quick ball and played with such fluency." Not in the game I was watching.

Though to be fair it was a much more open game, but that was mainly to do with the BaBas and how they play that sort of game, and can't rely on a well drillled defence.

Actually I agree with Rugbydreamer as well.

And have to say that Phillips is in shocking form and is probably the main reason that the Welsh and Ospreys attacks have been so slow and predictable.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

It was an open game so they purposely played the way we've been begging them to play for 3 years. We score tries playing like that.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:50 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Turkster wrote:
"weird, I could have sworn Phillips was taken off in the Baabaa's game because he was playing so badly, strange how they played so much better when Knoyle came on, must be because I'm a one-eyed Turk eh? By the way Phillips is a Turk too ... "
And Knoyle was an Osprey...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

maestegmafia wrote:And Knoyle was an Osprey...!
And a damn fine player!
Pity we took Phillips off them and gave them Knoyle!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:And Knoyle was an Osprey...!
And a damn fine player!
Pity we took Phillips off them and gave them Knoyle!

You took Phillips off of Cardiff, it was Byrne you took off us. Whistle

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next