The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

+9
JoshSansom
Kay Fabe
AberdeenSteve
Mr H
crippledtart
RuggerRadge2611
ADMIN
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
13 posters

Go down

Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Empty Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:20

Morning all,

Just reading over what went on at RAW last night, and firstly I am very excited by the prospect of this angle with Punk leaving in July.

Now, I am just starting to wonder whether they are setting up for a screwjob on Cena... Reasons being:

1. The WWE have a DVD coming soon about the screwjob and Bret/Shawn's rivalry in general.
2. HBK and Bret have both been making appearances on WWE shows of late.
3. Vince has gotten involved in the storyline -- the words he spoke to Cena 'you're leaving me like everyone else' were emotive...
4. The Cena being fired angle works perfectly for a screwjob -- no ramifications from Cena! It would also allow him to rest as he has been working hurt supposedly, and it may be good to give the fans some time away and let their hate fade...

I know this is very tenuous, but what do you guys reckon? If Cena loses I don't think Punk is walking out of the company -- I think he will become Vince's chosen one, and will be almost a corporate champion.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Empty Re: Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:26

I think it's the opposite.

I think Punk is going to be screwed by a new corporation including Triple H. Turning Cena heel. And giving CM Punk a reason to stay - to fight them.

Back to top Go down

Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Empty Re: Could Cena be about to be screwed? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:31

That would be big. I suppose from what Punk said in his promo there will be no shortage of people to screw him...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:33

Exactly - I think the mention of Triple H and Stephanie is the one that planted this idea in my head.

Can you imagine the heat if Punk hits the GTS in Chicago - and Vince sends down Triple H to screw him because of what he said. It'll tear the place up!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:35

It would also give a good exit for Punk if he were to leave for a few months as opposed to staying as you suggested.

He could return however long down the line and take the WWE title from a heel Cena.

I do think that the WWE are putting him in the main event picture because they are realising how much they will miss him if he didn't return. They are keeping him sweet with the push he deserves.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:39

I reckon it's been planned all along. The losing streak to this. I think McMahon is a hell of a lot cleverer than people are giving him credit for.

He's proactive not reactive

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:44

What I’m wondering is how much input HHH has had in this, I’m guessing he’d have to given the ok for him to be ripped like he was. He’s obviously being used less and less on screen as his role backstage takes up more time so I wonder if Punk will hit a Pepsi Plunge at some point in WWE, then get on the mic and ‘shoot’ that he was not allowed to use that move because it made HHH’s finisher look poor?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 20:16

I don't normaly post on these boards....I tend to lurk and post more on the other boards, but the thought of this story and what Punk did last night has forced my hand.

Either way this story pans out (if it pans out as Hero and Electric Demon think) my faith in the WWE will be restored, and it will have been a master stroke by the WWE writers who I feel have been poor recently.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:08

Electric Demon wrote:I reckon it's been planned all along. The losing streak to this. I think McMahon is a hell of a lot cleverer than people are giving him credit for.

You are giving him far more credit than he deserves! Absolutely no way were they thinking in 2010 "We'd better book Punk to lose this match because of that storyline we planned for a year's time".

They just don't book that far ahead any more.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:13

Its more likely they've looked back at Punk's WWE career and realised he has all the tools to turn it into an amazing storyline. Its probably more luck than judgment on the WWE's part that its turned out to be this good.

Chicago is going to be on fire on July 17.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:18

Mr H wrote:Chicago is going to be on fire on July 17.

I so wish I was able to stay up and watch this Crying or Very sad

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:22

Hero wrote:What I’m wondering is how much input HHH has had in this, I’m guessing he’d have to given the ok for him to be ripped like he was. He’s obviously being used less and less on screen as his role backstage takes up more time so I wonder if Punk will hit a Pepsi Plunge at some point in WWE, then get on the mic and ‘shoot’ that he was not allowed to use that move because it made HHH’s finisher look poor?

Punk has only talked about stuff that's fair game. His promo didn't completely expose the business. He didn't come out and say "my defeat to Kane earlier was part of the script and I ran through it with the creative team earlier. We even rehearsed the match before we came on air". He didn't say "Randy Savage isn't in the Hall of Fame because he slept with Stephanie". He didn't say "The Wellness Policy is a sham, as evidenced by the pushes of Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson and the fact that John Cena and Triple H have never been suspended". He didn't talk about the number of wrestlers who die at a young age, or Linda McMahon's lack of political knowledge.

He just made vague allusions to people backstage conspiring to hold him down. You and I know what he was talking about, but to the vast majority of the audience it would have just appeared that something unusual and unscripted was going on. Did he even mention Triple H by name? Even if he did, he's a bad guy, so it doesn't harm Triple H.

I don't think Triple H would be too sensitive that Punk mentioned his family ties. He's aware of what the "smart marks" think of him, and probably enjoyed the knowledge that they'd get themselves all in a lather about Punk's promo.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:41

I have to agree with Crips, especially the first part regarding McMahon, there is no way anyone could convince me this was the plan for Punk all along, this is simply how good the WWE can be when they push the right people and don't play it so cautious

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:13

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:I reckon it's been planned all along. The losing streak to this. I think McMahon is a hell of a lot cleverer than people are giving him credit for.

You are giving him far more credit than he deserves! Absolutely no way were they thinking in 2010 "We'd better book Punk to lose this match because of that storyline we planned for a year's time".

I think everybody gives him far LESS credit than deserved.

But I know 'm in a minority on that

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:28

The Rock vs John Cena
Wrestlemania 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:57

I give him far less credit because for me thats exactly what he deserves, Vince McMahon has distanced himself from Pro Wrestling fans and the business as a whole for a long time now, he is far more interested in being seen as an Entertainment Producer than a Wrestling Promoter and his standing within in the social Entertainment community rather than the Wrestling Community, in order to climb the social ladder Vince stepped on our heads and delivered a very watered down product, he has appeared out of touch with modern Wrestling fans for too long, occasionally the WWE pull a rabbit out and now we can hopefully look forward to a great storyline

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 1:06

My only real thought on this (bar it has become a brilliant storyline seemingly overnight) is that I heard that Cena is carrying some injuries and can't fully compete at present. Given the need to protect him before WM (after all they can hardly do a last minute change around now, can they? I could see Cena taking some time off and coming back healed.

How they would do it without it being similar to the Nexus story of last year I am not too sure...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 1:11

Electric Demon wrote:

The Rock vs John Cena
Wrestlemania 2012

That was a no brainer - Mania is in Miami - the Rock's home city so it makes sense to have two of the all time biggest draws in the company headline their biggest PPV in one of the guy's home city! This is an exception to the rule, not the rule itself!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 1:14

talkingpoint wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:

The Rock vs John Cena
Wrestlemania 2012

That was a no brainer - Mania is in Miami - the Rock's home city so it makes sense to have two of the all time biggest draws in the company headline their biggest PPV in one of the guy's home city! This is an exception to the rule, not the rule itself!

Oh ok. I didn't realise there were exceptions to rules to conveniently suit the IWC's experienced and expert analysis. My bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 1:48

well now you do! thumbsup Laugh

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 2:04

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 3:10

My theory (which after typing I noticed it's basically a collage of everyone else's theories...)

Punk v Cena at Money in the Bank, with Mr McMahon as a ringside enforcer due to the "risk of Punk leaving with the WWE Title" gets to the end of the PPV with say 10-15 minutes left, after a back and forth match with Cena kicking out of the GTS and Punk kicking out of the AA, Punk manages to lock in the Anaconda Vice.

In a rehash of Punk v Undertaker in 2009, Punk wins by submission when the referee calls for the bell without Cena actually tapping, Mr McMahon looks as shocked as everyone else, Punk is the WWE Champion!

The crowd are shocked and mixed, some cheering on the hometown hero and others still following Cena, Punk holds up the WWE Title and Mr McMahon gets into the ring pleading with Punk to stay. Punk seems pretty unimpressed and goes to leave the ring when "Time to play the game" hits and the crowd erupts as Triple H, the doofus son in law as pointed out by King, makes his way down to the ring.

Triple H, Mr McMahon and CM Punk are stood looking at each other, the tension is high, Punk has the title over his shoulder still, and after a brief standoff, the three hug!

John Cena is back to his feet realising the situation, but becomes victim of a Punk + Triple H + sledgehammer attack and is left motionless on the ring mat, Mr McMahon pulls out a piece of paper from his jacket pocket, which is revealed to be a new contract with the WWE!

CM Punk signs the new contract while leaning on the WWE Title, in a throwback to Punk signing a WWE contract on the ROH World Title, and Triple H and Mr McMahon each raise an arm of CM Punk, the new corporate champion!

Last words from Mr McMahon to close the show...

"Oh yeah... John Cena... YOU'RE FIRED!"

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 3:11

To be honest, it seems like the WWE is starting to implode with superstars going against the whole "The favourite superstars get the most merchandise etc etc etc". Or could this just be VKM passing it all over to HHH, but making it look like the WWE is going down the Poopie, only to have HHH come in and change the angle completely taking it to a new Attitude Era?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 18:52

I think it'll have a really simple (and unfulfilling) end. Punk will get screwed and probably humiliated by Vince, and then that'll be him gone - for a while anyway. The tinternet will bitch and moan for weeks, Vince won't give a toss and it'll be business as usual with McMahon showing everyone who's boss.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 19:15

liverbnz wrote:I think it'll have a really simple (and unfulfilling) end. Punk will get screwed and probably humiliated by Vince, and then that'll be him gone - for a while anyway. The tinternet will bitch and moan for weeks, Vince won't give a toss and it'll be business as usual with McMahon showing everyone who's boss.

I still have hope they play it out properly (whilst realising you're probably right).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down