The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters

+3
LondonJonnyO
super_realist
Mercurio
7 posters

Go down

Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters Empty Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters

Post by Mercurio Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

One of my playing partners has a very long shafted putted. He's about 6 ft 2" and the end of it reaches to around his chin.

I'm not aware of any rule prohibiting him using this putter when measuring out club lengths.

If anyone thinks I'm incorrect with this thought let them speak now . . .

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters Empty Re: Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

I think the longest club you can use for this is a driver, however I may be wrong.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters Empty Re: Measuring club lengths for relief - long handled putters

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

no limit on the length of the club that can be used.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:33 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:no limit on the length of the club that can be used.

As you said in July 2010!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F18106550?thread=7612662&show=50

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

Nice one, I'm going to get a telescopic club 5 metres long. Should never be in trouble again.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

LJ - I see in the BBC thread you said you can use an opponent's clubs to measure. Whilst this is possible, I've since learned that if the length using your opponent's club is greater than what you could have achieved with your own clubs, then you will be subject to a penalty under Rule 20-7 - just something to be aware of.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

Can you use a telescopic ball retriever to measure relief? Whistle

:run1:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

If it had a club head on the end I don't see why not. It's then technically a club isn't it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

Mercurio wrote:LJ - I see in the BBC thread you said you can use an opponent's clubs to measure. Whilst this is possible, I've since learned that if the length using your opponent's club is greater than what you could have achieved with your own clubs, then you will be subject to a penalty under Rule 20-7 - just something to be aware of.

There's also a ruling about the counting of clubs and not exceeding 14 in total and all sorts of other nonsense to be honest.

And lets be fair. If you're that wide you need a drop chances are you might as well be moving back anyway.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:15 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:There's also a ruling about the counting of clubs and not exceeding 14 in total and all sorts of other nonsense to be honest.

And lets be fair. If you're that wide you need a drop chances are you might as well be moving back anyway.

Erm

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

Mercurio wrote:LJ - I see in the BBC thread you said you can use an opponent's clubs to measure. Whilst this is possible, I've since learned that if the length using your opponent's club is greater than what you could have achieved with your own clubs, then you will be subject to a penalty under Rule 20-7 - just something to be aware of.

Wouldn't this also fall foul of the 'the lending of clubs ist verboten' rule?

Or is this whole thread a d**k measuring euphamism? laughing
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

I'm not sure whether to answer sensibly here? The club you use to measure must be a conforming club. A club with a telescopic shaft would not be conforming because it is adjustable and adjustable clubs are verboten. If you borrow a club to measure with, it cannot be longer than the longest in your own bag as Mercurio said and I seem to remember pointing out in the old 606 days.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:27 pm

As long as you have it extended when the round begins there is no problem, same as you are not permitted to adjust the changeable lofts or weights in your driver during a round.

You'd look like a bit of a berk with a 5metre club sticking out of your bag though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:16 pm

super_realist wrote:As long as you have it extended when the round begins there is no problem, same as you are not permitted to adjust the changeable lofts or weights in your driver during a round.

You'd look like a bit of a berk with a 5metre club sticking out of your bag though.

Yeah and imagine having that Bad Boy hanging out your bag in the midst of a sudden thunder storm; it would act like a freakin huge conductor; you'd fry to a crispy thing Doh
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:56 am

I'd get Mac to fit a special insulated Hickory extendable shaft.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down