The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

test eleven to beat india

+3
Fists of Fury
ShankyCricket
Hoggy_Bear
7 posters

Go down

test eleven to beat india Empty test eleven to beat india

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

done the one day side, but what would be your test eleven that would beat india in a test in india.....

i will write mine comment on what u think, and if u disagree make your own

this wold be india's side

1)Virender Sehwag
2)Gautam Gambhir
3)Rahul Dravid
4)Sachin Tendulkar
5)VVS Laxma
6)Suresh Raina
7)M.S.Dhoni
8)Harbajhan singh
9)Zaheer Khan
10)Ishant Sharma
11)Pragyan Ojha

my team to beat them

1)Tillkaratne Dilshan (C)
2)Alistair Cook
3)Brendon McCullum
4)Hashim Amla
5)Misbah Ul-Haq
6)Jacques Kallis
7)Prassana Jaywardene (WK)
8)Graeme Swann
9)Devandre Bishooo
10)Kemar Roach
11)Dale Steyn

Back to top Go down

test eleven to beat india Empty Re: test eleven to beat india

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

Strauss(c)
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Morgan
Prior(wk)
Bresnan
Swann
Tremlett
Anderson

That'll do it. Very Happy

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

lol im english as well but i didnt want it to start england vs india argument so come on mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:55 pm

Cricketfan90
mate how about

Cook
Dilshan
Trott
Amla
Kallis
Bell
Prior(wk)
Bresnan
Steyn
Tremlett
Anderson

I wont play a spinner against india coz they are exceptional players against spin.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

its in india you have to use spinners surely

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Strauss(c)
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Morgan
Prior(wk)
Bresnan
Swann
Tremlett
Anderson

Agreed!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

In India youd want a second spin option, the 5 bowlers theory comes in when you have Rashid or Patel capable of batting or 7 with Prior. England just dont have the slow bowling support to go with only one frontline spinner, Trott and KP arent going to be able to bowl 15 overs in a day with any kind of threat.
I couldnt imagine England going into a test with just 2 seamers anywhere in the world, so you do have to find one senior batsman to drop ..and right now thats difficult. Strauss would be the one if he werent opener and captain, so it has to be Morgan whos the least senior and least succesful in tests of those in.
Picking Panessar is another option, but then you get a hell of a tail. Englands success has been built on attacking bowling and depth in batting, Id go for Rashid as hes very much a wicket taking bowler.

I agree with the feeling that right now Bresnan is more deserving of a place than Broad. Whether thats still the case in a couple of months after the home test series is another question mind. Id also argue in this format that Broad is the better batter, and more experienced in the confditions. Tough call.

Strauss, Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Prior, Rashid, Bresnan/Broad, Swann, Tremlett, Anderson

I cant see England not starting with Broad though unless he has a real stinky series at home against India.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

guys can we look at the original team that i put in it was to be a team put togehter from different sides!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:In India youd want a second spin option, the 5 bowlers theory comes in when you have Rashid or Patel capable of batting or 7 with Prior. England just dont have the slow bowling support to go with only one frontline spinner, Trott and KP arent going to be able to bowl 15 overs in a day with any kind of threat.
I couldnt imagine England going into a test with just 2 seamers anywhere in the world, so you do have to find one senior batsman to drop ..and right now thats difficult. Strauss would be the one if he werent opener and captain, so it has to be Morgan whos the least senior and least succesful in tests of those in.
Picking Panessar is another option, but then you get a hell of a tail. Englands success has been built on attacking bowling and depth in batting, Id go for Rashid as hes very much a wicket taking bowler.

I agree with the feeling that right now Bresnan is more deserving of a place than Broad. Whether thats still the case in a couple of months after the home test series is another question mind. Id also argue in this format that Broad is the better batter, and more experienced in the confditions. Tough call.

Strauss, Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Prior, Rashid, Bresnan/Broad, Swann, Tremlett, Anderson

I cant see England not starting with Broad though unless he has a real stinky series at home against India.

oops sorry only read a couple of commnents above didnt realise this was a world X1 to beat them in that case :

1) Chuck Norris
2) Boycotts Mum
3) Ramprakash
4) The Don
5) T Rex
6) Lalit Modi
7) Jade Goody (Wk)
8) Chris Broad
9) Warne
10) Warren Hastings
11) Luke Wright

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

of current players!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:guys can we look at the original team that i put in it was to be a team put togehter from different sides!!

Sorry yes Im utterly guilty of one of my own pet peeves and not actually reading the content just the previous post *blush*

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:30 pm

Don't people have had a serious look at Bell's record in India. Of course has done lots of good work over the last year and a half, and he has scored runs in Lanka against Murali, but there are other proven performers such as AB De Villiers who'd walk into this XI ahead of Bell. And Trott, he hasn't even played a match in the sub-continent has he?

Andrew Strauss
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Hashim Amla
Mahela Jayawardene
Jacques Kallis
AB De Villiers
Prasanna Jayawardene
Graeme Swann
Dug Bollinger
Dale Steyn
James Anderson
Swann is the only present day spinner who has roubled India at home, and Dilshan can offer some decent backup. Steyn has a fantastic record in India, and Bollinger was one recent Australian bowler who has caused a problem to Indian batters in recent times. Anderson has a record that include a match winning performance in India, and he has improved much thereafter.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

Graeme Swann was outclassed when he played 2 Tests in India.

Only Bishoo has threatened India in recent times, mainly due to India's side being depleted.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:22 pm

I'd back Swann to be a threat any where, truth be told.

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:36 pm

Sainty wrote:I'd back Swann to be a threat any where, truth be told.
We will see how good he is during the winter - 3 Tests in UAE and 2 in SL.

He's hardly Murali/Warne/Kumble/MacGill/Saqlain quality.

He'll get found out sooner or later, just like Harmison did.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:42 pm

Indeed we will.

He has the potential to be of their quality in my opinion, the way he has taken to test cricket has been phenomenal, really shows how one dimensional Panesar was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:46 pm

Sainty wrote:Indeed we will.

He has the potential to be of their quality in my opinion, the way he has taken to test cricket has been phenomenal, really shows how one dimensional Panesar was.
Sorry Monty was a classy bowler. England's obsession with bowlers batting ruined Monty.

You don't get 100+ Test wickets by fluke.

Monty at his very best is better than Swann.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm

I disagree, I'm afraid.

Swann offers a lot more, whilst being a different spinner to Monty. Don't get me wrong, I loved Monty but I just feel Swann is a better bowler and all round player than Monty. You can't imagine Monty taking some of the catches in the slip that Swann does.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:03 am

Bishoo hasn't played a test in India, or for that matter anywhere outside West Indies. besides, how so ever good a tallent he seems to be he's far too inexperienced to be there in such a XI as of now. The WI are scheduled to tour India soon, Bishoo will have his chance to prove himself then.

Among the other present day spinners outside India, only Graeme Swann has a decent record against India. in his first match there, he started with the wickets of Rahul Dravid and Gautam Gambhir in one over.
Ajmal hasn't played in India, same is the case with Shakib. Vetori, the closest competitor, also hasn't set the stage on fire by any means while playing in India.
And on the Swann v Panesar debate, for me Swann wins hands down. Monty is a one dimensional bowler, I don't think you even need to Bring Swanny's abilities with the bat or fielding, as on bowling itself he's the clear winner, Swann's batting and fielding is just an added advantage.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

msp
Well said mate.You are probably the only non-wum indian poster on this board.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:35 am

i picked bishoo in the side, because there isn't a lot of spinners out there that could trouble india, and i feel that the added quality of a leg spinner and bishoo is a very good leg spinner will benefit the side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:24 pm

Bishoo needs to work on spinning the ball more. He's a very useful bowler at present. Throw in his brilliant fielding and useful batting - he could become a bowling all rounder if he keeps developing

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Strauss(c)
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Morgan
Prior(wk)
Bresnan
Swann
Tremlett
Anderson

Walk in the park for that team Very Happy

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i picked bishoo in the side, because there isn't a lot of spinners out there that could trouble india, and i feel that the added quality of a leg spinner and bishoo is a very good leg spinner will benefit the side.

Leggies against India?? ask the greatest of 'em!.
In fact it was Murali and then Saqlain who troubled Indian batters to some extend, and both bowled Off spin.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm

msp83 wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:i picked bishoo in the side, because there isn't a lot of spinners out there that could trouble india, and i feel that the added quality of a leg spinner and bishoo is a very good leg spinner will benefit the side.

Leggies against India?? ask the greatest of 'em!.
In fact it was Murali and then Saqlain who troubled Indian batters to some extend, and both bowled Off spin.
Only Saqlain threatened India IN India though. Murali's success came on doctored Sri Lankan pitches only.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down