The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf in Northern France

+2
drive4show
Diggers
6 posters

Go down

Golf in Northern France Empty Golf in Northern France

Post by Diggers Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Im thinking of planning a sneaky long weekends golfing with a couple of mates and the idea of Northern France has come up as a possibility. All I really know about it is that a few of the guys from my old golf club went over last year and said only good things, the courses were really good but mainly quiet and they were reasonably priced. Location wise it would work as we are in the south east and could drive and ferry over.
Anyone been over that part of the world and played some courses they would recomend ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Golf in Northern France Empty Re: Golf in Northern France

Post by drive4show Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Plenty of choice over there, top names being Hardelot and Le Touquet which are both fairly adjacent to Calais.
Further along the Normandy coast there is a good selection of courses, a quick google search should help. Also, check out the adverts in the back pages of any of the monthlies, usually full of special offers thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:15 pm

As well as the 2 that d4s mentions, if you are willing to go a bit further afield, Deauville has a great course and hotel. I played in a comp there as a student, great p up and the hotel corridors, being very long and straight, made for excellent putting practise. The only problem was that every so often there was a glass partition part way across, and so the odd wayward putt (which when you're trying to hit it 50 yards on carpet is quite frequent!) made a nasty impression in the safety glass!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Plenty within an hour or less of Calais... Le Touquet and Hardelot as D4S says, heard good things about Wimereux too, and St Omer where the European Tour goes is no distance either.

http://www.golf-wimereux.com/en/
http://www.aa-st-omer-golfclub.com/

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Not that you have to stay in France of course... Royal Ostend is meant to be good

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:36 pm

And Royal Zoute!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Cheers guys, sounds like there is good golf to be had then. Playing with the boys next week (East Sussex National D4S, West Course, one you've played ?) so will see if we can get a date booked in.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:30 pm

St Omer is exceptional. La Mer and Les Pins are also very very good courses.

Not been to the rest although those three alone would make for a fantastic weekend away. And if you have the cash spare stay in the Westminister Hotel.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Diggers wrote:Cheers guys, sounds like there is good golf to be had then. Playing with the boys next week (East Sussex National D4S, West Course, one you've played ?) so will see if we can get a date booked in.

Yes indeed I have. It used to be regarded as the 'members only' course and the East was open to Joe Public. That seems to have changed in the last few years though. Both are nice courses, you'll have a good day out there. Only problem round there is a bit prone to getting wet but obviously not a problem right now! Greens have always been very good and pretty quick whenever I've played them.

Oh...leave the credit card at home.....the pro shop was recently voted pro shop of the year!

Enjoy thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Checked that hotel out LJ, looks like Le Touquet will be the place to stay, didnt realise how close it was to Calais.
Good pro shop eh D4S, I could do with some new clubs as none of mine seem to work properly......

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Belle Dune is worth a look as well and it is close to Le Touquet...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 pm

That was the course i was trying to think of! One of the very best out there.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down