The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role

4 posters

Go down

Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role Empty Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:52 am

Aussie quick bowler stuart clark has retired from cricket, to take up a coaching role with new south wales. Its a shame really not for us english fans for the ashes Wink, but its a shame for international cricket, i always thought he should have played more for australia, in the 06 ashes series he was leading wicket taker, but then seemed to dissaper after that.

do you guys agree, or what is your own opinons?

Back to top Go down

Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role Empty Re: Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role

Post by liverbnz Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

I've always wondered myself what happened to his international career. Was it injuries or lack of form? Seemed to be a excellent replacement for Glenn McGrath, but he just seemed to drift away from people's thoughts. 94 wickets in 24 Tests is pretty handy return as well.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role Empty Re: Stuart Clark retires to take up coaching role

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:01 pm

I agree mate.Even now i think he is good enough to get into this current Aussie team.He has been treated poorly.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

he had an extremely good record, and is better than all of the other seamers the aussie have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:20 pm

he lost his nip, and as a result was a far less dangerous bowler.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:26 pm

Stuart Clark was a stunning bowler. McGrath's clone. Rather strangely it took until Ashes 2006-07 for both to appear for Australia together.

One McGrath was unreal, how would sides have coped with two of them???

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

I was and am a big fan of Clark, very underrated. But as MFC has said, he lost his pace and as a result became easier to play.

No doubt, the NSW youngsters will learn a lot from him.

Cracking bowler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:47 am

its a shame he has chosen to retire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down