The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben youngs goes under the knife

+4
Cumbrian
doctor_grey
Sam
Bombardier
8 posters

Go down

Ben youngs goes under the knife Empty Ben youngs goes under the knife

Post by Bombardier Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Fairplay had to be done I assume and not out for too long so no problems. One good thing that may come out of this is that simpson might finally get the game time he deserves Very Happy after a great domestic season, Care is on form and will be there or there abouts but simpson regularly performs better than care and needs to be given a shot.

many players can raise there game, others can't when it comes to international standard we ought to have seen whether he can so we can go into the RWC will all options explored.

Bombardier

Back to top Go down

Ben youngs goes under the knife Empty Re: Ben youngs goes under the knife

Post by Sam Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:24 am

Fingers crossed it will allow us to work out who our third choice scrum half is for the world cup.

Id like to see Simpson given a go starting at 9 in one of the Wales games, all season hes looked good considering he was behind a poor pack.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:34 am

What had happened which required the surgery now? Did he hurt it in training? Or left over from the season?

As long as it is simple cartilage repair, as reported, then 6 - 8 is normal. But, it means he loses critical RWC preparation/training/fitness time now. Which is why I am questioning why now.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:58 am

From what I've read he has only gone in for an arthroscopy which is a bit painful but not serious (I should know, I've had two). I was up and walking after a couple of days (albeit against doctors advice) and was running normally after a couple of weeks. He'll be fine.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 am

Care is on form and will be there or there abouts but simpson regularly performs better than care and needs to be given a shot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would argue with that, Care in my opinion has been one of the best and consistent scrum halfs of the season, especially behind a poor pack at times.

Lee Dickson i'd also rate over Simpson, who is very good himself but I still feel gets hyped up a lot. And mainly it's for being really really quick, which is errr what Care and Youngs are also renowned for. Dickson at least brings avery different game to the table.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:14 am

Youngs and Care are both very sharp off the mark with good acceleration, but where Simpson is different is that he stays blindingly fast.

It's an extremely impressive trio to have, and personally I'd take those three.

Dickson, Wigglesworth and Hodgson are all for me steady eddies. Good players, solid basics and all competitive. But short that game breaking class that the others have.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Youngs and Care are both very sharp off the mark with good acceleration, but where Simpson is different is that he stays blindingly fast.

It's an extremely impressive trio to have, and personally I'd take those three.

Dickson, Wigglesworth and Hodgson are all for me steady eddies. Good players, solid basics and all competitive. But short that game breaking class that the others have.

I'd Agree with all of that broadly, except that Dickson before his injury was a game breaker. His speed of thought and then passing and kicking was a lot better then any of those others and although that may not make for such an exciting highlights reel you can see the results it had for Northampton. I would have had him in there rather then Simpson as he does genuinely offer a very different package that is still very useful.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:25 am

IMO Care and Wilkinson is possibly a better halfback pairing than Youngs and Flood.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eustace H Plimsoll Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:35 am

IMO Care and Wilkinson is possibly a better halfback pairing than Youngs and Flood.

Do you mean as individual players stag or as a pairing? Youngs and FLood both dipped in form worryingly towards the end of last season, but I think they've done enough for England to be considered first choice for a little longer... Up until then Youngs for one was looking WAY better than Care.

Eustace H Plimsoll

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:35 am

Possibly Red Stag, i think every one isn't too sure about Wilkinson, he looks very good in the T14 but i think Johnson doesn't know how to fit him in to this new team he's creating.

A lot of the time it seems like he's torn between standing off, or playing flat. He needs more game time rather then 15/20 mins at the end of matches.

And Flutey finding his Lions form would help him alot.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down