The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler?

+7
AlexHuckerby
trottb
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Young_Towzer
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
Captain Lucas
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler? Empty Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler?

Post by Captain Lucas Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi boxing fans, my question to you: is Klit-Haye too risky a fight for a gambler?

I'm thinking of putting £5K on Haye and that returns me short of £13K - but here's my dilema:

(1) both are chinny
(2) both have questionable stamina, and ...
(3) the judges in Germany in case it goes to a decision

I think the odds for Haye are great but is this too risky?

Captain Lucas

Back to top Go down

Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler? Empty Re: Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler?

Post by Steffan Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:46 pm

I would say Klits on points aint a bad bet but on saying that Haye before 6 aint a bad one either

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler? Empty Re: Is Klit-Haye too risky for a gambler?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Not with my father-in-laws money...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Not by any stretch is it risky

Haye round 1,2,3 is worth a tenner of anyone's money with odds of 20/1 at William Hill.

Or Wlad round 4,6,8,10 a daft quid imo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 pm

What are the odds on a hang-glider crashing into the ropes during the fight???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Depends on how you play it. Personally I believe it'll be haye mid or wlad late, and that seems to be a consensus. I've had two wagers on round block bets, haye to win in rds 4-6 @13/2 and a smaller bet on wlad to win in rds 10-12 @9/1. To my mind these are the safest bets. It is a very hard fight to call and I certainly would reccommend betting any amount you can't afford to lose, as there are a lot of variables. An out and out bet on Haye is good value but he is the underdog with good reason. It'll be a cagey fight but is unlikely to go to the finish - between them the have over 70 fights that have ended inside the distance, close to 80 if you include the ones they've lost. Good luck - he who dares wins and all that.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Depends on how you play it. Personally I believe it'll be haye mid or wlad late, and that seems to be a consensus. I've had two wagers on round block bets, haye to win in rds 4-6 @13/2 and a smaller bet on wlad to win in rds 10-12 @9/1. To my mind these are the safest bets. It is a very hard fight to call and I certainly would reccommend betting any amount you can't afford to lose, as there are a lot of variables. An out and out bet on Haye is good value but he is the underdog with good reason. It'll be a cagey fight but is unlikely to go to the finish - between them the have over 70 fights that have ended inside the distance, close to 80 if you include the ones they've lost. Good luck - he who dares wins and all that.

Agree with SBS here and both are decent bets would it be worth considering splitting your money into 2 similar bets as above. It all obviously comes down to if you can afford this amount or are you being optimistic with all of the media hype and looking to make yourself a quick buck? As with any sport anything can happen.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Love to see Haye completely outbox Wlad and win on points by a shutout! (I know almost impossible) But then again if that happens we don't get to see Wlad sprawled out... Toughie...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm

In Germany!!

You are the king of wishful thinking..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In Germany!!

You are the king of wishful thinking..

He'll get over you, you know he will...

It would be insanely amusing if that happened though Truss...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I make half of my current income through gambling and trading and I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole! It's sporting roulette.

If you have 5k to play with then you must either be a pro or a complete nutter!

The fact that you are in two minds suggests to me that you should stay away.

The 8/11 on offer for under 8.5 rounds looks a sound bet but even then I wouldn't go no higher than three figures on it myself.

Either way good luck buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 pm

FreekShow wrote:I make half of my current income through gambling and trading and I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole! It's sporting roulette.

If you have 5k to play with then you must either be a pro or a complete nutter!

The fact that you are in two minds suggests to me that you should stay away.

The 8/11 on offer for under 8.5 rounds looks a sound bet but even then I wouldn't go no higher than three figures on it myself.

Either way good luck buddy.

Is a good bet that, but the price isn't as good, lol!, if it was evens i'd be tempted, it's whoever lands first imo, neither have chins and whoever gets tagged first with a decent shot, goes.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Exactly. Whoever lands first and I'd doubt we'd be waiting until the ninth round onwards to see a bangfest develop.

A large bet on a fight of this magnitude can ruin it for the viewer..I know. I lost a fair whack on Tszyu to beat Hatton. Never again!

There's more value in the overs/unders round betting in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:40 pm

The safest bet is this fight will not go the distance...I back Haye to get him out of there in 5 or 6 rounds.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:49 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:The safest bet is this fight will not go the distance...I back Haye to get him out of there in 5 or 6 rounds.

Returned early from a fish up, bit tired

2/7 for it not to last 12, the under bet sounds a safe option. However as a betting man i've done absolutely zero on the fight save for a few quid on Haye in 4-6. Too many variables, no proper gambler would touch this with anything.

A Pac/FMJ/Khan treble returns a nice amount, but it's worth piling into that with some serious, serious wedge (talking loan of so). Having checked for all 3 to win outright it's 1/2 - so wang on say 1k and you'll make the easiest £500 you'll ever make. I'll be there for one, but wont be going near this fight with any sort of money at all.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:The safest bet is this fight will not go the distance...I back Haye to get him out of there in 5 or 6 rounds.

Returned early from a fish up, bit tired

2/7 for it not to last 12, the under bet sounds a safe option. However as a betting man i've done absolutely zero on the fight save for a few quid on Haye in 4-6. Too many variables, no proper gambler would touch this with anything.

A Pac/FMJ/Khan treble returns a nice amount, but it's worth piling into that with some serious, serious wedge (talking loan of so). Having checked for all 3 to win outright it's 1/2 - so wang on say 1k and you'll make the easiest £500 you'll ever make. I'll be there for one, but wont be going near this fight with any sort of money at all.

Whats the odds for Haye 4-6?...Haye will knock Klitschko out when he feels like it

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Haye is 20/1 in round 4, 5 and 6 with Paddy Power. A tenner on each returns a nice £190.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:21 pm

For the quarter bet Haye in 4-6 is 9/2. Still not great odds Genius of PBF but i had to back our guy.

Not sure Wlad toys with him as he knows, as we all do, Haye could just load up on one big punch.

Personally, i'm beyond excited either way. Got a whole day of cricket before it though, massive game as it's 2nd vs 3rd. Not sure i'll sleep much tonight!

It's times like these that i love being a boxing fan, i really do.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Captain Lucas wrote:Hi boxing fans, my question to you: is Klit-Haye too risky a fight for a gambler?

I'm thinking of putting £5K on Haye and that returns me short of £13K - but here's my dilema:

(1) both are chinny
(2) both have questionable stamina, and ...
(3) the judges in Germany in case it goes to a decision
(4) I'm a complete BULLSH!T artist who doesn't have £5k and never will have. The bookies says monopoly money doesn't count
I think the odds for Haye are great but is this too risky?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:25 pm

coxy0001 wrote:For the quarter bet Haye in 4-6 is 9/2. Still not great odds Genius of PBF but i had to back our guy.

Not sure Wlad toys with him as he knows, as we all do, Haye could just load up on one big punch.

Personally, i'm beyond excited either way. Got a whole day of cricket before it though, massive game as it's 2nd vs 3rd. Not sure i'll sleep much tonight!

It's times like these that i love being a boxing fan, i really do.

Batsman, bowler or devastating allrounder coxy?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Captain Lucas new no.4 point is the first thing he's said I believe!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Lucas Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Is this site moderated or not? DAVE667, I have £5K I can afford to lose. Don't hate buddy. Thanks to the others for the advice.

FreakShow, how much did you lose on Tszyu-Hatton?

I lost £2,500 on a double for Haye-Harrison & Pacquiao-Margarito - both Haye and Pacquiao to win by KO.

Captain Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Batsman, bowler or devastating allrounder coxy?

Keeper batsman leftie, think a white version of Gayle in terms of zero foot movement and lots of bat speed and u ain't far off.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Dave don't hate...........

Try asking for something attainable..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Moderated? With the bullsh!t wafting around here from you Lucas, it needs fumigating!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Lucas if Dave is bothering you ..do yourself a favor and start writing more about Boxing...

He'll leave you alone then.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lucas if Dave is bothering you ..do yourself a favor and start writing more about Boxing...

He'll leave you alone then.. Wink

Laugh Nice one...personally cant wait for this fight

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Dear God Almighty here come TRUSSNUTS with his verbal slurry.

You found a dvd for your father-in-law TRUSS, why not a highlight reel of your amateur ring battles...and then perhaps your boxing career?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:54 pm

That's not bad.........for you! 8)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

£250 hit on Tszyu.

Last edited by FreekShow on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Dave667

I'm not one to talk, but do you have anger issues/a mild irrational hatred of yanks?

PM me big boy, i'm here for 'ya!*

*Disclaimer: I'm not at all, but i thought in my "yes we can" admin quest i'd be seen as a mother theresa type.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Wlad to KO Haye in Round 1 is 33/1.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Round 1 will be a testing out process...both will be cautious..

round 2 could be an interesting gamble!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:00 pm

I appreciate the sentiment Coxy but it's not so much anger as aggressive indifference towards these stratospheric levels of ignorance, arrogance and, in most cases, Flip.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Try posting a boxing related comment at least once this evening..

It's 11pm Coxy will be drunk so you're wasting your time there!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Try posting a boxing related comment at least once this evening..

It's 11pm Coxy will be drunk so you're wasting your time there!

You will take him out of his comfort zone then TRUSS.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

I think Haye is massively up for this and Wlad is struggling to come to terms with the fact an opponent has come with a genuine belief he can win as opposed to nifty little soundbites.

Watching Ringside and listening to Manny Steward go through the list of Haye's attributes it sounded as though even Manny isn't that convinced of Wlad's chances. Took him a while before he remembered to add Wlad to the list of fighters he's seen with that natural "swagger" (Haye, Naz, Lewis)...just a shame he wasn't convinced about his latest charge.

Put your £5k on Haye...and an extra £100 on Jim Watt to tell us Haye can't win!

There you go fat lad, another boxing comment for your bubblebutt. Wonder if it's all the squats making it so big or the fact PBF seems to live up there. Wonder if he thinks it's his Mum's basement.

PBF in his mansion...more like his bouncy castle!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:12 pm

See PBF....this guy is so mentally weak..you tell him to do something he'll do it!!

My Son has a red blooded Americanbeefster/alpha male as a Father....

Take note Dave..you want your kid to be proud of you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I think Haye is massively up for this and Wlad is struggling to come to terms with the fact an opponent has come with a genuine belief he can win as opposed to nifty little soundbites.

Watching Ringside and listening to Manny Steward go through the list of Haye's attributes it sounded as though even Manny isn't that convinced of Wlad's chances. Took him a while before he remembered to add Wlad to the list of fighters he's seen with that natural "swagger" (Haye, Naz, Lewis)...just a shame he wasn't convinced about his latest charge.

There you go fat lad, another boxing comment for your bubblebutt. Wonder if it's all the squats making it so big or the fact PBF seems to live up there. Wonder if he thinks it's his Mum's basement.

clap I dont resort to copy another posters private life like you DAVE...The insults show how classy you are.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:See PBF....this guy is so mentally weak..you tell him to do something he'll do it!!

My Son has a red blooded Americanbeefster/alpha male as a Father....he also has a jackass for a father as well. At least you'll be able to pass on an interesting legacy. "Dad, what's this vidoetape of men playing leapfrog and who is this Peter North character?"

Take note Dave..you want your kid to be proud of you..
Yeah, that's why I'm the father and not you!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:24 pm

goodnight all........

Even the mentally weak amongst you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:24 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I think Haye is massively up for this and Wlad is struggling to come to terms with the fact an opponent has come with a genuine belief he can win as opposed to nifty little soundbites.

clap I dont resort to copy another posters private life like you DAVE...The insults show how classy you are.
No, you just pretend to be an American boxer don't you? Shows how utterly empty and worthless your life really is, boy. Why not just end it all, you won't be missed. ASDA will always find another shelf stacker!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Shelf-stacker? You mean trolley-pusher...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Only if the position of in-store window licker has been filled

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:43 pm

So much for fresh starts...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:

No, you just pretend to be an American boxer don't you? Shows how utterly empty and worthless your life really is, boy. Why not just end it all, you won't be missed. ASDA will always find another shelf stacker!

Whereas you come on a boxing forum and dont talk boxing most of the time...Then you grunt about how clever you are...my life is good I think your just jealous DAVE.

At least I got a job DAVE and I am my own boss. 8)

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:45 pm

BALTI and DAVE

You can come clean my boots...Hows unemployment for you both? Wink

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 pm

PBF; you're boring. Do you have a purpose?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:53 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:PBF; you're boring. Do you have a purpose?

I think your boring as well...What purpose do you have these days now you dont have D4 to harass and hound BALTI?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next