The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early exit for Baltacha in Dubai

2 posters

Go down

Early exit for Baltacha in Dubai Empty Early exit for Baltacha in Dubai

Post by Adam D Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 pm

British number one Elena Baltacha bowed out in the first round of the Dubai Championships, losing 7-6 (7-3) 6-4 to Romania's Alexandra Dulgheru.

The 27-year-old had high hopes against the world number 30, who has lost in the first round three times this year.

But having lost an opening set tie break Baltacha, ranked 68th, recovered from an early break to level at 4-4.

However she was broken again as 21-year-old Dulgheru, twice a Warsaw Open winner, secured her place in round two.

source bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9397293.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Early exit for Baltacha in Dubai Empty Re: Early exit for Baltacha in Dubai

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:34 pm

If Elena had not has her illnesses or injuries, what sort of player would she be now?

Very unlucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Jubbahey wrote:If Elena had not has her illnesses or injuries, what sort of player would she be now?

Very unlucky.

I'm not a fan of women's tennis and have never taken any interest in it whatsoever, not even in our #1 player.

I feel awful now, not realising what Elena's been through.......she's a star!

I've just found this article in The Express

Poor love, for anyone to have to go through this would be heartbreaking enough but to have to battle all this while trying to play top tennis......she's a very tough girl.

I admire anyone who succeeds in the face of adversity.....I'm now a big fan.

I'll take more notice of her in future.......I'll try and watch her play next time......tho' I hope she doesn't grunt and groan like most the women do lol.

Solerina

Rather pleased with myself how I did that little link there for the URL...it would have filled half the page if I hadn't

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down