The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter?

+22
GunsGerms
Jello Biafra
nganboy
Biltong
Portnoy
monty junior
boomeranga
Taylorman
George Carlin
Full Credit
emack2
nottins_jones
thebandwagonsociety
Rob B
pete (buachaill on eirne)
dummy_half
Bombardier
disneychilly
kiakahaaotearoa
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
RuggerRadge2611
Rugby Spectator
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter? - Page 2 Empty Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter?

Post by Rugby Spectator Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 14:33

First topic message reminder :

There is a lot of hype surrounding Quade Cooper at the moment. His game last weekend against the Blues was quite simply jaw droppping at times. We haven't seen individual brilliance of that kind in a long time. This weekend, however, Cooper goes toe to toe with Dan Carter, widely regarded as the world's best fly half. The Rugby Spectator team ask, is Quade Cooper better than Dan Carter?

Check out the full article below.......

http://www.rugbyspectator.com/2011/07/is-quade-cooper-better-than-dan-carter/

Do you agree that Dan Carter is still the world's best fly half?

Rugby Spectator

Back to top Go down

Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter?

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 17:21

I'm really not buying into this Cooper hype and would take Carter every time. Cooper has a nice step and a very good pass but has many flaws. I can think of 4/5 FH's I'd rather have as my 10 than Cooper.

Great on the attacking front foot, he's nowhere in defence. Leaves too much to Genia on the decision front. Kicking from the tee is awful also.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Quade Cooper Better Than Dan Carter?

Post by jb1973 Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 22:09

DC is the better player, cooper is class as well though. I don;t buy into this stuff that you have to win a worlc cup be a great player.

Is balshaw a better full back than cullen because he has a wcup winners medal?

carter displays v the lions in 2005 was the best I have ever seen by a 10 at test level/

Even in a poor display yday he scored a great solo try.,

Cooper has bags of skills and some great off loads, he is superb to watch but it's carter for me any day of the week

jb1973

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 0:02

Cooper all the way.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Biafra Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 1:35

I can think of 4/5 FH's I'd rather have as my 10 than Cooper
Really? Excluding Carter, who are the other 4 FH's you'd prefer instead of Cooper? I can think of 2 (exc Carter) who i'd be ok with if Cooper wasn't available - James O'connor and Kurtley Beale.

Jello Biafra

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 14:44

I'd have Jonny Sexton as my OH ahead of cooper any day.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 19:41

Carter/Evans/Sexton/Wilkinson

Did you see Beale at FH for the Tah's the other week? I don't think he's ready for 10 myself, JOC could play anywhere and would be a close call with Cooper for me.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2