The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Del Rio.. Almost the complete package.....

Go down

Del Rio.. Almost the complete package..... Empty Del Rio.. Almost the complete package.....

Post by Grant00 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 9:28 pm

Have really been enjoying Del Rio since his introduction to the E. He has created amazing heat and think having him win the Rumble has really given him the super push he needs. Great entrance even though it does have a bit of a JBL rip off about it, Love his promos and very good on the mic. His moveset has also impressed me a lot and he seems versatile facing differing opponents. Plus i want my own announcer just to walk into a room before me!!!

I do have one problem though. His cross arm drag submisson thing (does it have a name???) is very impressive and the fact he does seem to always work on the arm during the match does set it up well. I just feel that for a man about to main event WM it is just not enough. I feel he needs another style of finisher as well that can be pulled out at any moment. A la Jericho with the codebreaker and walls. Or if he is being set up to replace Rey rey as the token Mexican what about something off the top rope???

What do you think ?????

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Del Rio.. Almost the complete package..... Empty Re: Del Rio.. Almost the complete package.....

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 9:37 pm

first of all Grant what a way to join to the join the board :friend:
Welcome!

I loved Del Rio from his very 1st promo prior to debuting on Smackdown. This guy has it all. As soon as he promo'd i looked him up on youtube from his mexican wrestling days and was instantly impressed.
This guy has it all, the power move set, submission artist and great on the mike.

I marked out when he won the Rumble, i didnt expect him to but it was great to see him win it.

I agree that he needs another finisher, i was kind of expecting a 'sky high' type move but Chris Masters got it in last week. Headlining Wrestlemania is a dream come true for him, he has it all, and i cant wait to see him become future champion.

Back to top Go down

Del Rio.. Almost the complete package..... Empty Re: Del Rio.. Almost the complete package.....

Post by Grant00 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 9:49 pm

Thanks Y I long time reader on old 606. But difficult to post as we run 4 weeks behind in South Africa and annoyingly have to wait for ppv as well. So hard to stay current. Only got to watch the rumble last night

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 9:55 pm

there are live streams to watch online, if you ever need them just shout.
How did you hear about the site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 10:07 pm

Grew up in the U.K so read about this as used 606 on BBC for a long time. Live Streaming is all well and good but you want too have watched the bulid up before a ppv. Having said that probably have to get wrestlemainia as think trying either not knowing and trying to avoid info about the streak or knowing before watching the match would drive me insane lol.

On another topic 21.02.11 has to be taker the ending of the second promo is clearly taker with the way he closes the long jacket right at the end just as he does it at the top of the steps before entering the ring. Just hope he ain't facing HHH although is there anybody other than Super Cena who else would you actually believe could end it????

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 10:27 pm

the 2nd 21/02/11 video played the Johny Cash song at the end that was used in the promo for Takers's match with HBK at mania. A little hint by WWE? Could be.
Whether it be Cena or HHH, i dont see either taking the streak, i wont spoil what you havnt seen yet, but according to alot of sites on the net, the Mania match could be very interesting indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 10:32 pm

Don't worry i read all the spoilers these days but just have to wait to watch it later or try and get highlights on youtube. The HHH, HBK as ref angle makes the most sense at the moment only problem i have is the short space of time to build the match

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 10:48 pm

Exactly, the short space of time to build a fued is a point i brought up on another article.
Someone mentioned about HHH seeking revenge with HBK being retired by Taker as a story to build on. But it will have to be done on Smackdown and Raw rather than just one show or it will seem a bit rushed.

I just dont get HHH, assuming Taker wins, HHH returns for a month or so just to 'retired'
Its making me think HHH will be the Raw GM to keep him on screen after Mania.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 10:55 pm

The GM would be the only thing that made sense for him retiring from the ring. Would love if Stephaine joined him just for her funbags!!!!! hahaha

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down