The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ??

+11
lightsout
Imperial Ghosty
BALTIMORA
Young_Towzer
coxy0001
JACKMAGIC
Valero's Conscience
Union Cane
talkingpickle
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ?? Empty Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

No real talent......ordinary looking...always in big fights..nothing much to offer...

But makes lot's of money..and gets lot's of attention..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ?? Empty Re: Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ??

Post by Scottrf Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

Are you talking about Michael Jordan?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ?? Empty Re: Is Marcos Maidana related to Jordan ??

Post by talkingpickle Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

Sounds like my ex!

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

Eddie Jordan?

(He used to own a Formula One team, don't you know)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Little dwarf from Ireland.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:08 am

He's talking about the country thicko's!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Little dwarf from Ireland.......

Could be a distant cousin...???
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKMAGIC Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

I heard she now likes to be known as Katie Price

JACKMAGIC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Actually wrote this thread with you in mind union..

Know you tend to avoid duscussing Boxing and thought you'd be in your element...

I was right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

Good to know you're thinking of me Truss, its given me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Thank you my friend.

Hug
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:16 am

To be fair Truss he's probably inbetween Khan/Bradley and a gatekeeper.

Wins over Ortiz, Morales and Cayo (who i thought he'd have a few problems with to be honest) rank him in that category for me personally. And yes, Morales did show limitations but he still won the fight. Styles make fights etc and he generally provides value for money hence why HBO are quite keen to have him fighting on their network etc.

Can't blame the guy for being a bit limited (quite a few thought he beat Kotelnik who's now being lauded as a bit of a technical kinda fighter post Alexander), but he will give most bar the best absolute hell.

If he were a gatekeeper aka what Malignaggi has become i could understand, as it is he's got enough to shock the big boys in and around 140 for me personally and it'll be near enough guaranteed to be fun to watch as well.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

You spout garbage on my Boxing threads... and then give an boxing related essay on a joke thread...

Full of surprises Coxy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You spout garbage on my Boxing threads... and then give an boxing related essay on a joke thread...

Full of surprises Coxy..

Also full of love Truss, also full of love

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

Nothing much to offer but he would of stopped Khan in a british ring and deserved to and destroyed Ortiz, beat a good fighter in Matthysse a few times in the amateurs, and is now taking another big fight against Guerrero, love his fights always entertaining and has a lot to offer in the way he's a relentless brawler and will fight anyone.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Nothing much to offer but he would of stopped Khan in a british ring and deserved to and destroyed Ortiz, beat a good fighter in Matthysse a few times in the amateurs, and is now taking another big fight against Guerrero, love his fights always entertaining and has a lot to offer in the way he's a relentless brawler and will fight anyone.

I think Khan deserved the win, personally. Didn't really 'destroy' Ortiz either; Ortiz simply quit.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:10 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:Nothing much to offer but he would of stopped Khan in a british ring and deserved to and destroyed Ortiz, beat a good fighter in Matthysse a few times in the amateurs, and is now taking another big fight against Guerrero, love his fights always entertaining and has a lot to offer in the way he's a relentless brawler and will fight anyone.

I think Khan deserved the win, personally. Didn't really 'destroy' Ortiz either; Ortiz simply quit.

I thought Maidana won, and Ortiz was dropped bust up and badly hurt and i'm a huge fan of is, whichever way you look at it he was destroyed imo. Guerrero's far better than Khan though, so a win in that would really get him some respect, although i think Guerrero will be a bit too clever

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

Didn't Maidana get dropped 3 times and was also behind on the scorecards when Ortiz quit?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:24 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Didn't Maidana get dropped 3 times and was also behind on the scorecards when Ortiz quit?

Yep, Ortiz quit mentally on himself. I don't think he would do it again.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

I thought Maidana won, and Ortiz was dropped bust up and badly hurt and i'm a huge fan of is, whichever way you look at it he was destroyed imo. Guerrero's far better than Khan though, so a win in that would really get him some respect, although i think Guerrero will be a bit too clever

Ortiz wasn't destroyed 'whichever way you look at it' though. Each man was dropped three times, and Ortiz COULD have physically continued. How you thought Maidana won the Khan fight is simply confusing. He lost more rounds and had to climb off the canvas in the first. Didn't he also have a point deducted for that awful attempt to blatantly foul?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

Maidana imo won the Khan fight....should have been a TKO.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:38 pm

But surely you can see that you are fundamentally wrong there lightsy? Khan survived the round, was defending himself at all times, and then went on to win one or more of the remaining 2 rounds and win on the cards overall.

There is nothing to suggest that a TKO should have been awarded to Maidana when you take into account that Khan was defending himself, still had the awareness to move around the ring (although on very shaky legs), and threw back at times in that round.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

Were it a Enzo Mac situation against Frenkel then I may understand questioning the refs decision but considering Khan made it to the final bell suggests to me the right call was made

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

lightsout wrote:Maidana imo won the Khan fight....should have been a TKO.

Absolute bullwhiff.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

he always puts his heart on his sleeve and gives it 110%, thats why everyone likes him. never a disappointing performance, even when he loses. no hit or miss nights like a lot of fighters.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

I like watching Maidana and I'd LLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE to get her zeppelins out.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 08 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Yeah hes limited but makes the absolute best of what he has and you cant really hold that against him. Seems willing to fight anyone and has shown proper heart on numerous occasions. Was dropped by some heavy shots by Ortiz and kept coming back and forced him into submission. Also surprised how he recovered from the body shot against Khan and came on strong afterwards giving a good account of himself. Many wouldnt have got up either time.

I've a lot more time for a limited fighter who makes the most of their ability than an extremely talented one who doesnt.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down