The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those who grace the court and hold a racquet

+12
socal1976
lydian
time please
Solerina
noleisthebest
JuliusHMarx
Tenez
Chazfazzer
Gonzini
bogbrush
Josiah Maiestas
legendkillar
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For those who grace the court and hold a racquet - Page 2 Empty For those who grace the court and hold a racquet

Post by legendkillar Fri 8 Jul - 12:41

First topic message reminder :

Reading a lot on the threads and rules and habits seem to be the talk and as this forum is full of genuine tennis fans (I would say at least 90% of the time) as an amateur what annoys you and if you were pro what would annoy you?

Things that annoy me as an amateur:

The lack of maintanence of courts
Being at the mercy of mother nature
The 'Wimbledon' brigade that flood the courts with their jeans and total poor display of tennis
Losing balls when the opponent shanks one over the fence

Things that would annoy me as a Pro

People calling out in between points and during serve saying stupid things
Constant travelling
The press
Grunting

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

For those who grace the court and hold a racquet - Page 2 Empty Re: For those who grace the court and hold a racquet

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 22:33

No one wants you to leave Jubba.
But can we let what has happened in the past stay in the past and start afresh?
There are great prospects for the tennis section here and I hate to see members falling out with eachother.
The tennis section has great potential in terms of new members through advertising on twitter and potential partnerships on various tennis web-sites which we are working on.

We all have personal differences and If we all agreed on the same thing then the forum would not work. It is everyone's opinions and different beliefs that makes it work here.

We may not see eye to eye at times which is understandable, but lets try to all get along. Hug

Back to top Go down

For those who grace the court and hold a racquet - Page 2 Empty Re: For those who grace the court and hold a racquet

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 22:39

Thats fine by me YIMan, if certain other posters keep to the same criteria of posting. I wasn't the one digging up the past or making reference to my modding history.

If you want , you can delete all my posts on this thread, if that helps, but if Tenez or LM try this again, I won't ignore it.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat 9 Jul - 22:42

Jubbahey wrote:Sorry YIMan, but I have received some rather nasty comments about my moderation and presence on V2.

I would like to invite anyone on here to give comment to how I carried out my moderation duties. I wasn't voted off as you know YIman and can only describe Tenez and Luciusmann as "ganging" up on me and and trying to spread ill will of me on these forums. I think it is my right to answer such slanderous posts and make my case on the thread in question.

I have never written an insulting PM to any poster, either as a moderator or a contributor. I have since deleted all my correspondence as a mod, so it can only be retrieved from the admin records, but I won't stand by and let a couple of "suspect" posters try to take over a thread to begin a whole hearted effort to discredit my integrity.

If anyone on here has had any kind of grievance with me, then please openly tell everyone what they think of me. If enough posters think I should leave, then I will, I'd be quite happy to bow down to the majority opinion.

Leave why should you leave!

Its rather a shame you are no longer a "Mod" as your tennis knowledge is well above most of the others with the exception of legend who is probably the only one who actually knows about the game and does a good job under, at times difficult circumstances.

As far as been fair there is was no question and as for being a Rafa fanboy I very much doubt that you are having seen you many times on the old 606 defending him along with Federer and Murray + a few others that came under attack.

Talking of which the Rafa fans have seemed to have disappeared which to say the least is rather sad as a good forum needs the support of all the top players which in turn makes it interesting especially without the unnecessary wummery.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 22:49

Yes, I did find that funny from BB, I'm a real Murray man at heart, but like many other posters, yourself included, I like to watch tennis and can appreciate other players skills and talents.

Its also nice to know that someone recognised my varied and neutral opinion.

thanks mate Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 22:50

Enough of the hugs Wink
Lets get some questions sorted for Sarah
https://www.606v2.com/t9053-qa-with-sarah-borwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 9 Jul - 22:57

you want me to save a Hug for sarah, I don't think the wife will like that !

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Mon 11 Jul - 11:19

I like you a lot, especially if you resemble your Avatar. Please stay.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul - 22:47

Well, I am 99 yrs old and still kicking, haven't got any teeth, hair or sense, and have more wrinkles than Joan Collins (below the neckline).

So yes, the pic does resemble me, except I've lost me hat.

Brrrr, its getting cold in here, I'll have to put another cat on the fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 11 Jul - 23:03

i thought you were good natured and well worthy of mod status Jubba

AMEN TO JUBBA!!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue 12 Jul - 17:18

I have *known* Jubba for 3yrs now and I don't think I have met
a bicer person - he is humerous, knowledgeable and (Given the
Chance) Non-confrontional

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Tue 12 Jul - 19:46

Jubbahey wrote:

Brrrr, its getting cold in here, I'll have to put another cat on the fire.

I think you are lucky that Cats-r-cool is nowhere to be found.

YUMMY (my darling): what you mean by "bicer person": you wanted to say bicept probably, that make sense to me too, Jub: you are such a bicept person , many believe so.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2