The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster Final

4 posters

Go down

Munster Final Empty Munster Final

Post by bluemoda Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

What's left to say. I felt so sorry for Waterford. I've always liked Waterford as a team and John Mullane as a player, especially since he gave the two fingers to the Cork fans, I've liked him even better. Very Happy Davy Fitz got his tactics so wrong and will be gone after the Galway game, his contract is up anyway at the end of the season.

To be honest, I think county management is beyond Fitz's ability - college management is his level.

I though Cork would do better and I guess Walsh is going to have to resign as well, again, not good enough for county management.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember a championship where such hammerings have been dished out with such regularity.

Wexford, Clare, Offaly and most likely Cork and Waterford will be looking for new managers. Where to now for these teams?

Please Clare, don't even consider Fitz.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Munster Final Empty Re: Munster Final

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 11 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

we are finished.
Walsh was an acceptable face for the post war period. it became evident that he couldn't call a game. had is favourites and let the skill levels decline.

that is 4 consecutive years that we go out on a hammering. I think most of the other counties need a tinkering. we have needed and continue to need an overhaul....starting with the fuhrer.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 11 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

You sound angry Rebel. What struck me most about Cork and Waterford was the lack of belief in themselves and the lack of freedom to play their own game. You have great players and are not that far behind, all you need is proper management, someone who can instill faith and belief.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 11 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

Walsh is not the only problem with Cork hurling. Nothing is coming through as the board didn't develop an underage structure. Apparently Sully posted on Twitter that Cork were 5 points up and going smoothly why change tactics.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:01 pm

very angry.

The opportunity was there for the clubs to do something. the players gave them a tremendous platform to effect change and they passed it up.

it is infuriating to see D O'G doing such a great job across the border. A man who we all wanted, we all needed is kept out of it through politics. ego & personality shouldn't get in the way. skill levels have gone through the floor. if you don't take care of it, you lose it. we know these players had it....something has gone wrong. sadly, some of the great servants of cork hurling are on the wane. time waits for no man but by and large they remain the best we have. that is wrong.

a combination of structures, coaching and management has led to this. we'll see more lads go, with our thanks for their contribution but as the great Justin mccarthy said " Cork win All Irelands in spite of Frank Murphy, not because of him"

on the subject of justin, it is his team that davie fitz took hold of. timing is everything. bringing through his own players has shown to be less than successful. sometimes through no fault of their own. putting a rookie on the hurler of the year is pretty stupid.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

Thomond wrote:Walsh is not the only problem with Cork hurling. Nothing is coming through as the board didn't develop an underage structure. Apparently Sully posted on Twitter that Cork were 5 points up and going smoothly why change tactics.

I heard that too. he'd be more tuned in to the subtleties of the game than me...obviously but it looked on the highlights that they just got pushed back.

The scores came from direct hurling but as the pressure came on, tipp tappy stuff came back.
Walsh isn't the cause of this, his stewardship may and should have gone better, but he isn't solely responsible and he shouldn't be blamed for all our ills...but he has to go.

RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:11 pm

I expected a much closer contest than what there was. Tipp and KK are streets ahead of everyone else but I think on any other day Waaaaterford have it in them, I still expected Tipp to win though just not by annihilation. By the sound of it Declan Ryan was just as suprised.

Walshy was asked about his future and the impression I get is that he wants to stay on for another wee while and develop some of the younger players, it dosen't sound like he's going to resign atm.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

on the subject of justin, it is his team that davie fitz took hold of. timing is everything. bringing through his own players has shown to be less than successful. sometimes through no fault of their own. putting a rookie on the hurler of the year is pretty stupid.

Putting Fives on him was equally stupid, considering that he is still pretty much a rookie. Fitzy has to take the blame here. His tactics were defensive. He must have seen Tipp's previous games and seen the movement of the Tipp forward lines and how man marking leaves gaping holes. Instead of following the Tipp forwards wherever they went, they should have held their lines. Poor Clinton Hennessy had no-one in front of him for Tipp's goals. He had no chance.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

it did sound like that.

his term is up, so he will have to seek reappointment. this is where the trouble always starts in Cork GAA.

The sneaky way these appointments are handled is underhanded in the extreme. Reappointing denis will be unpopular and will cause ructions. he has shown he is incapable of doing this job and managed the dropping of SOOH very poorly.

as a post war manager, he has shown not to be the impartial intermediary we thought he was. it isn't his fault, he's just another patsy for the ccb
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

bluemoda wrote:

Putting Fives on him was equally stupid, considering that he is still pretty much a rookie. Fitzy has to take the blame here. His tactics were defensive. He must have seen Tipp's previous games and seen the movement of the Tipp forward lines and how man marking leaves gaping holes. Instead of following the Tipp forwards wherever they went, they should have held their lines. Poor Clinton Hennessy had no-one in front of him for Tipp's goals. He had no chance.

letting in 7 and not being at fault sounds a bit odd.....but it's true.

exactly what we were not doing. hitting the ball long and winning the 50/50s and scoring goals. it is so simple when done well
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down