The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call

4 posters

Go down

Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call Empty Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call

Post by drive4show Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:27 am

Guys (and girls!)

Please can anyone that is intending to come along to the day out above please send me a private message so that I can organise numbers. Plan is to play at the above venue (just inside the M25 up near the M1 junction), teeing off around 11am. Possibly a beer/curry afterwards if there is enough interest.

PLEASE NOTE - ALL WELCOME! I just need to know who is coming along, the more the merrier.

Thanks
D4S

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call Empty Re: Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call

Post by oldshanker Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Thats a yes from me - I was going to call them on Thursday this week to book for 21st, but if you want to do that, 'tis OK with me. I was also going to text LJ, but I suspect you are a bit more up to date than me.

09.30 Thursday 21st July, I will be hopefully chomping my way through a delectable bacon sarnie at Old Fold Manor, awaiting an 11.00 kick off.

I'll bring my bat!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call Empty Re: Old Fold Manor 21st July - Final roll call

Post by oldshanker Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:21 pm

And a meal afterwards sounds good as well. RedWine
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

After the original North Weald Open (with an 18 h/c limit) was cancelled, I really hoped to get along to this more relaxed format day. Sadly my boss (and his boss) have both decided that they will be on annual leave next week. No chance for me to even take a day then!

Next time I hope

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

Nice one shanker.

Also confirmed are myself, Noshanking, Smithers, LJ and either his uncle or the ringer, not sure which one but that makes 6 of us so 2x3balls.

Bacon sarnie, golf then a bite to eat = top day out.

I'm happy to leave the booking to you if you are OK with that?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

Davie

these meets seem to be gathering a bit of momentum so no doubt there will be more coming up in the near future thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

drive4show wrote:Nice one shanker.

Also confirmed are myself, Noshanking, Smithers, LJ and either his uncle or the ringer, not sure which one but that makes 6 of us so 2x3balls.

Bacon sarnie, golf then a bite to eat = top day out.

I'm happy to leave the booking to you if you are OK with that?

OK will do 2 x 3balls it is. I'll leave the pre golf bites to the individual and the apres golf can be organised on the day, depending on finish time, trip, weather etc.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

Shanker, given that I'll be waking up at sparrow'sfart o'clock to get there from my humble abode in Nam; what time we all meeting up?
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:48 pm

I will probably get there at about 9.30, but I'll have to confirm that when I've booked the teetimes. I'll let you know.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:Shanker, given that I'll be waking up at sparrow'sfart o'clock to get there from my humble abode in Nam; what time we all meeting up?

Plan is to tee off around 11am to give you plenty of time to get there, you won't have to leave home before 7am so not too silly thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

Just spoke to LJ, definitely him+1 and he is waiting to hear back from a couple of others but he thinks they won't make it. So looks like 2 tee times required and we'll have between 6 and 8 guys.

Shanker, are you arranging good weather? I think that task should be passed over to NST, give him something to take his lecherous mind off women laughing

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

drive4show wrote:Just spoke to LJ, definitely him+1 and he is waiting to hear back from a couple of others but he thinks they won't make it. So looks like 2 tee times required and we'll have between 6 and 8 guys.

Shanker, are you arranging good weather? I think that task should be passed over to NST, give him something to take his lecherous mind off women laughing

I resemble that remark.... randy
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:05 pm

drive4show wrote:Just spoke to LJ, definitely him+1 and he is waiting to hear back from a couple of others but he thinks they won't make it. So looks like 2 tee times required and we'll have between 6 and 8 guys.

Working hard on the weather D4S, but it is looking a bit unsettled. I suggest you bring a brolly and nail yer wig on. Very Happy

Was also wondering how I was going to recognise NST. Now I know, he will be the one with desperate tattooed on his forehead methinks. Drool
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 14 Jul 2011, 8:26 am

Shanker: No you'll recognise me quite easily. I'll be the wild-eyed one screaming into the carpark with about 2 mins to spare before the tee-off time having taken umpteen wrong turns in the last 5 miles to get to the course 🤦
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down