The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway Open - final roll call

2 posters

Go down

Broadway Open - final roll call Empty Broadway Open - final roll call

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:18 am

The Broadway Open takes place this Sunday. Twenty quid for 2 rounds of golf around a picturesque little track in Ye Olde Cotswolds. Still places available if anyone fancies this. Believe JAS and me are only 606v2ers playing thus far. Check out www.broadwaygolfclub.co.uk
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Broadway Open - final roll call Empty Re: Broadway Open - final roll call

Post by JAS Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:49 am

Aye, looking forward to it, off at 10.24

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:55 am

JAS - I'm off at 10am. This rain we've had might just help soften things up a wee bit, had heard it was getting very dry there recently.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:40 am

JAS and I played in this 36-holer yesterday. First time I've ever played it (my excuse for cr@p golf) but it's a nice track with lots of interesting par 4s with a strong 'risk and reward' element. Views are to die for (you can see at least 3 different counties from a couple of the holes and the clubhouse has a fantastic vista).

At £20.00 for 2 medal rounds, plus lunch included you won't find a much better deal. These Opens are a fantastic way for us to meet play in organised comps and have a few beers. Roll on Trevose in October Yahoo
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:50 am

I'd concur with Noshanking, thoroughly enjoyed to day, not the most difficult of tracks (tee to green) but tricky in places. The views however are up there with the best from any inland course in the Uk.

I had played it before so I had no excuse. Hitting 15 greens in reg in the morning I should have been contending but some shocking putting and an oob triple on 13 killed it for me. Never even got a cut Sad

In the afternoon the only cut that looked likely was my wrists. Was going along fine until I doubled the 9th. 4 further doubles and a quadruple on the back 9 completed the unravelling.... I put it down to the hangover from the night before kicking in.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down