The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock Responds to cena

+11
MIG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Aaronb33
HitmanOwl
Ent
Beer
UpsideDownFace
ADMIN
Ché Guerrero
Crimey
Andthen1
15 posters

Go down

The Rock Responds to cena Empty The Rock Responds to cena

Post by Andthen1 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Sorry i cant get on twitter at work to post link (saw it on my phone) but if you have twitter visit the Rocks page and see his response to cenas verbals over the last few weeks. IMO he owns cena in this basically saying im not a wwe employee hence why im not on raw every week etc and that how he has already done what cena is doing years ago in the attitude era and how cena is only doin it for the money and he is foney.

Sorry im rambling if you have twitter check it out

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

The Rock Responds to cena Empty Re: The Rock Responds to cena

Post by Crimey Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 pm

I can't see anything on there?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:18 pm

http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/videos/46340

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 pm

i think its on his facebook aswell

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Anyone else think he might show up at MITB?

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:14 pm

i was thinking that maybe he did say he wud return soon. but he said its where he started and i have no idea where his 1st match was

do u think the wwe will use this in there show soon?

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:44 pm

I actually hope he doesn't show up at MITB and interrupt Punk v Cena, the feud does not need him, Cena v Miz didn't need him, that showed when the PPV after Mania had a match 100x better without him being involved.

Would love to see promos of Punk v Rock but not at this moment in time.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:52 pm

yea seems abit strange to be goin on now esp as punk is tied up with cena

do u think the wwe knew this was coming??

long shot but if cena is fired or punk leaves for a while could this be happening to bring the rock back to cover maybe 1 of there top stars leaving for a bit? help keep the rating up etc? i doubt it but u never know

i think the rock saying cena is doin it for the money abit harsh as im sure he is a millionaire already so he prob dont need the money but i thought alot of what the rock said made sense esp about him not bein a wwe employee anymore hence y he is not there alot whereass cena is so he has to be there every week. i liked it tho it keeps things interesting wondering whats gona happen thats why we watch it isnt it at the end of the day

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

I think the city he is referring to in the video is actually LA which would mean he will show up at summerslam.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 pm

He said he will see Cena before WM. Then said to look to where it all began for him. He's on about MSG. Debuted there Survivor Series (96 I think). I think either Night of Champions or Survivor Series is there this year so look for him showing up at either of those events.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Punk retweeted adding "VIA SATELLITE".

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VK6U6YVDE&feature=youtu.be

Fairly epic for a taped solo promo.

Also fairly cutting, the lines are being blurred and it makes it interesting - up until now Rock has really gone after cena the character, this was fairly personal.

Looking forward to the reply.

Ent

Back to top Go down

The Rock Responds to cena Empty The Rock buries Cena!!!

Post by HitmanOwl Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4DSvloPhOk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Exactly,a PHONY!!!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:16 am

I'm actually with Cena (and Punk) on this one. The Rock comes back and says he's never going away, then doesn't even show for months at a time, in my book, that's lying to the fans, who at the end of the day, are what make the wrestling business. Then he tries to justify it by saying he's done it all before. That, to me, is beside the point. When he first came back, he said he was back in the WWE for good...you can't then go back on that and say "Oh, I've done it all before". That's like getting a new job and saying to your boss "I don't need to do ths, I did this before where I used to work." The only "phoney" in my eyes is The Rock.

John Cena, for all the criticism he gets is one of the hardest working people I've ever heard about (and had the pleasure to briefly meet once). He goes out, night after night, taking God knows how many years off the time he'll be able to walk...and he does it all for us, the fans. He's a millionaire many, many times over by now, he doesn't need the money. And unlike "Rocky", he hasn't buggered off to Hollywood to make more. He deserves a whole hell of a lot more respect than he gets.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:55 am

I merged these two threads as they were about the same thing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 am

I always took the Rock saying "I'm never going away" to mean that due to the support that the WWE Universe has continued to give him following his change in career path that he would always be able to keep doing what he is doing and stay in the public's eye.

Never thought for a second it meant that he was back in the WWE for regular appearances. It's nice when he does show up, but he'll continue to be a movie star over a WWE Wrestler Superstar.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:54 am

The true testament to Punk, Cena and Vince right now is that The Rock is irrelevant. His comeback as uninspiring as Michael Schumacher's. The only reason he clings onto any relevance is that Punk and Cena are mentioning him - otherwise he's be forgotten again already.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:00 am

Electric Demon wrote:The true testament to Punk, Cena and Vince right now is that The Rock is irrelevant. His comeback as uninspiring as Michael Schumacher's. The only reason he clings onto any relevance is that Punk and Cena are mentioning him - otherwise he's be forgotten again already.

Agree completely. I am (was) a massive Rock fan and was so excited by his (so called) comeback. But what Vince, Cena and Punk are doing right now is blowing him out of the water. I agree with Punks sentiments, HE should be in the main event of Wrestlemania next year, not Dwayne!

Can't wait for this Sunday!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:21 am

Think people are being harsh on the Rock here,

at 39 he wasn't going to come back at full capacity, it wouldn't have been feasible for him to be on TV every week never mind the house shows.

You cannot dispute that he is back, Dwayne Johnson may not be on a full time touring contract but the Rock character is back for good - now it isn't ideal that this will often be taped promos and twitter/facebook posts.

Rock has made a small contribution to this current feud - remember Cena had been on a bad run (for him) with dropping the title to Sheamus and the Nexus storyline, it's not that long ago that Punk wasn't able to garner proper heat while taking on cena and ended up feuding with orton.

Rock certainly got more mixed reaction going towards cena and Punk has played on it since Cena regained the title.

The IWC is hot for punk but the Rock is still getting plenty of posts on forums.

This story is overshadowing all those not involved, people don't really care about the ladder matches at MITB!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 am

Ent wrote:
This story is overshadowing all those not involved, people don't really care about the ladder matches at MITB!

I agree with this Ent.

In fact, unless the MITB winner cashes in on Punk or Cena at the end - then it's almost as if it's completely the wrong PPV to run this feud at. Maybe this PPV shouldn't have been Money in the Bank?

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:30 am

I'd rather them slowly build this by having pops at each other and little digs than have them be on our screens 24/7. Imagine a year long build on t.v,you would get bored after a month or 2.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 am

I dont think there is alot the WWE could really do about that Demon, as timing had it they had to pull the trigger on it immediately and MITB was the very next PPV and it was in Chicago so it was a no brainer.

With Orton v Christian on the card too, it 'should' be a PPV of the year contender.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:38 am

Mr H wrote:I dont think there is alot the WWE could really do about that Demon, as timing had it they had to pull the trigger on it immediately and MITB was the very next PPV and it was in Chicago so it was a no brainer.

With Orton v Christian on the card too, it 'should' be a PPV of the year contender.

Yeah I know.

i don't think it's a mistake. it's just unfortunate timing on the part of the MITB guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am

Electric Demon wrote:
Mr H wrote:I dont think there is alot the WWE could really do about that Demon, as timing had it they had to pull the trigger on it immediately and MITB was the very next PPV and it was in Chicago so it was a no brainer.

Yeah I know.

i don't think it's a mistake. it's just unfortunate timing on the part of the MITB guys.

I think its great for the guys in the MITB matches. Two hotly anticipated title matches, a guaranteed hot crowd, and more importantly more viewers than normal are likely to tune in. What a stage to showcase your talents and make a name for yourself. If i was one of the guys in the ladder matches, i'd be pumped up big time.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 am

@Mr h

Agreed,this will be one of themhighest ppv bi-rates in a long,long for one of the non big four. Hopefully the e will let them showcase there talents and show how good they are.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by longlivethestream Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 pm

I think it's good that there will be the Mitb matches as well as the two big title matchs. What other match could come close to competing with Punk/Cena? With PPV buy rates likely to be the highest in a long time, having a consistantly strong card can only be a good thing. Yes, there is a danger of them being overshadowed, but both matches are unpredictable enough to make them intriguing.

Even Show vs Henry has been booked pretty well in recent weeks. Not saying it will be anywhere near the standard of other matchs on the card, but again, I'm interested to see how it pans out.

It has the potential to be a great PPV, not simply a great ending to a PPV in my opinion

longlivethestream

Back to top Go down

Post by greggschickenbake Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:16 pm

After watching that, I think The Rock might well return at Survivor Series, don't hold me on that but he's hinted MSG.

Also, I am fairly happy this hasn't overshadowed the main event for MITB, the build-up has been almost perfect.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:29 pm

I have held the belief for a while now the Rock will be in the crowd at Summerslam, due to the fact that it is being held in LA where he currently resides, because of this I suspected Cena would be in the title match, obviously the whole Punk/fireing scenario could throw a spanner in the works but I belive that whatever happens we will see Cena holding the world title at the end as Rock watches him from the stands

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down