The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock responds to his critics

+4
UpsideDownFace
Kay Fabe
psycho-gooner
Mark_Seven
8 posters

Go down

The Rock responds to his critics Empty The Rock responds to his critics

Post by Mark_Seven Mon 21 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

Speaking to WWE Magazine, The Rock addresses his critics within WWE, or rather, two particular “insecure and jealous” Superstars.

They ask the multi-time champion, “Some guys in the locker room aren’t too happy with your return. Do you feel you need to earn their respect, or do you feel they need to earn your respect?”

The Great One responds, “Of course, a few guys have been very vocal about their unhappiness with me coming back. It doesn’t bother me at all. It just proves that they lack perspective."

“Returning to WWE is an incredible opportunity for me. But much bigger than me, it’s an incredible opportunity for the business and, at the end of the day, all we want to do is elevate WWE to new heights never seen before and make the fans happy. For example, when Hulk Hogan returned to WWE, I loved it, because I knew it was going to be incredible for the business. We made history together and made millions and millions of fans happy."

“Always remember that the ones who were vocal and disapproving about me coming back—and we all know who the two are—are the ones who are most insecure and jealous. Maybe one day they’ll smarten up and understand the greater perspective.”

Source: Nodq.com

I'm thinking one is Randy Orton from the digs he'd had this year. Cena seems like the obvious other but I don't think he's unhappy at Rock returning at all. It was Rocky staying away that got up Cena's nose. What do you reckon? Punk maybe? Rock's right in his Hogan assessment and though he's walked back into a main event slot, he is bringing more fans with him which equals bigger pay days and more exposure for these 'unhappy' individuals.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

The Rock responds to his critics Empty Re: The Rock responds to his critics

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 21 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Randy isn't fit to clean the mud off The Rocks boots

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:17 pm

I was thinking Orton and Punk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

I don't think it will be Punk. He has a good business mind. He knows what good will come out of it.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

I reckon Orton is one because hes still immature about stuff like this.

It could very possibly have been Triple H, because we know how keen he is on pushing younger talent..

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:20 pm

Seriously guys?

As I was reading this, I was thinking this is a kayfabe interview. I'm surprised at you gaffer for not seeing it for what it is

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:27 pm

I think it's got a legit undertone to it, if it was kayfabe then we'd know who he's talking about, only Miz gas kayfabe came out and dismissed him, when in reality he has been blowing the peoples strudle backstage since Rock showed up last Feb, so if it's kayfabe who is he talking about?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

Cena for def, and maybe the Miz if its kayfabed,

If your right and its real then maybe HHH, they have a mutual respect for each but don't think its goes any further then that,

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

Cena in kayfabe has been begging him to come back though, he even requested him as his partner

I know Orton was bitching about him in a few magazine interviews and when WWE went to Austrailia and Punk was still heel and apparently leaving, he endorsed Cena after their matches and was pretty harsh on Rock getting a main event spot at Mania

When I see words like 'the business' used by a WWE guy I don't think it's pure kayfabe

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:02 am

It's probably this...

CM Punk did an interview with The New York Daily News today and took a few shots at The Rock.

“You know, the thing about that is, he’s not around. He’s not around. It doesn’t help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He’s very bourgeois Hollywood,” Punk said.

When asked whether he thought The Rock had really “returned” to WWE, Punk said: “He came back, he did WWE Raw after that. He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me. A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage.”

Punk then went on to compare his feelings between The Rock and John Cena, saying “I have my beef with John Cena, and I have my things that I don’t like Cena, but you know what? I try to tell him everyday. For The Rock to criticize, come on.”

When asked if he thought The Rock was a “Diva”, he said: “I can’t say that. At least the WWE Divas say hi to me in the halls.”

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:54 am

It pretty obvious its Punk and Orton. Why would Cena give a toss? He's working the angle of his career (up to this point).

Punk should spend more time working on his Savage Elbow delivery, rather than concerning himself with Rocky's special attraction status. Even Big Show's elbow drop had crisper delivery at Survivor Series.

I think it's hard for Orton because he knows that if HHH hadn't sabotaged half of his career, he might have stood a chance of being in Cena's current spot.

Either way, neither man comes off well. Jealously is not very flattering.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm

I'm not sure if it's jealousy on Punk's part, he's quite simple in reality, he wants to wrestle and be the best, many think he is, others could see being WWE justifies that too, his promos don't fall far from his own thoughts, he sees being a Wrestler and Wrestling as his life, he wants the top spot because he believes he's earned it but no matter what he'll do over the next few months nothing will top Rock/Cena

I'm not so sure it's jealousy rather than he struggles with the business side taking the lead role, he tends to view it more from a fans point of view than the overall business

If it is Punk though he should simmer down because he'll be in this situation next year with Steve Austin

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down