The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams

+4
pete (buachaill on eirne)
funnyExiledScot
red_stag
greybeard
8 posters

Go down

Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams Empty Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams

Post by greybeard Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

Sorry for this being Irish-specific, but the details are only available for the provinces...

More details here

First week: Munster V Dragons, Ospreys V Leinster, Ulster V Glasgow, Treviso V Connacht.

As usual there will be a two week round of derbies at christmas.

One thing I find a bit frustrating is Munster V Leinster and Leinster V Munster will both take place the week before a HC weekend. Wouldn't mind if the marquee games were a bit better spread out.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams Empty Re: Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

greybeard wrote:
One thing I find a bit frustrating is Munster V Leinster and Leinster V Munster will both take place the week before a HC weekend.

They usually are no?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams Empty Re: Provisional Pro12 fixtures sent to teams

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:00 pm

Nice plum start to the season for Ulster. Without its Scotland players, Glasgow are in tatters. Definitely a side to play early in the season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

What will the O's be like without their internationals?

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:What will the O's be like without their internationals?

probably better as they have good acadamey players, however biggar will still play at 10 =/ and alot of their internationals have left already like hook, bryne etc

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

Any idea what their possible XV will be?

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

I'd be backing 3 home wins and Connacht to take Treviso.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

red_stag wrote:
greybeard wrote:
One thing I find a bit frustrating is Munster V Leinster and Leinster V Munster will both take place the week before a HC weekend.

They usually are no?

I think you're right, but it's still annoying!

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:11 pm

I like them as I feel it brings our players into these games far more battle hardened than if it was Leinster v Aironi or Munster v Glasgow. It has a sense of occasion and our boys are used to the intensity before HEC.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:11 pm

red_stag wrote:I'd be backing 3 home wins and Connacht to take Treviso.

Interesting. I'd agree with Munster and Ulster winning, and Dragons will be tough (so lets call that a draw Whistle ) but I'd say Treviso will want to start like they did last year when they beat Scarlets. They'll be missing internationals and Connacht won't be, but I'd still pick them to win at home.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:12 pm

red_stag wrote:I like them as I feel it brings our players into these games far more battle hardened than if it was Leinster v Aironi or Munster v Glasgow. It has a sense of occasion and our boys are used to the intensity before HEC.

I'm of the opinion that the approaching HC weekend tends to take away from the build up. A few weeks of build up and another few weeks of bragging isn't really possible.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

on a purely selfish note, do you know who Ulster are playing weekend of 9 - 11 September and if they're home???
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

All I know is what was in the linked article, sorry. It's not big on details and it mentions that the fixtures are entirely provisional at the moment and subject to change anyway.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

ok thanks fella
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:23 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Any idea what their possible XV will be?

not sure.

Front row will go (possibly bennet aswell) leaving Duncan jones at lossehead and not sure for other two positions, Jon thomas will still be there, AWJ, Ryan Jones will most likely be gone, tipuric will be there as will the guy they just signed from the dragons.

so for the forwards

adam jones
hibbard
James
AWJ
Ryan jones
Bennet??
will all be out

backs

shane williams
Bowe

out,

so backline not affected too much, its the forwards which are more the problem

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

The Scots will be badly hit. I'm not too worried for Munster anyway in terms of player loss.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

red_stag wrote:The Scots will be badly hit. I'm not too worried for Munster anyway in terms of player loss.

Actually I think Edinburgh will be ok. Glasgow are the team in trouble.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

So the blues have either edinburg or aironi up first - nice games to settle in, especially if we are at home.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Actually I think Edinburgh will be ok.

Have you seen who their coach is? laughing

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:50 pm

red_stag wrote:I'd be backing 3 home wins and Connacht to take Treviso.

I'd be predicting Dragons putting forty points on you and you crying into your beer as the realisation that all your vicious words about the Dragons and I are well have well and truly come back to haunt you.

I only wish that I could be there to see it Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 14 Jul 2011, 6:17 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Nice plum start to the season for Ulster. Without its Scotland players, Glasgow are in tatters. Definitely a side to play early in the season.

Yeah always nice to get a home game to start as teams usually take time to shake off the pre-season rust. We'll be missing experienced players as well of course, but Glasgow are probably going to be affected a little bit worse unless we lose Humphreys and Muller.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

South Wales Arseguff reckon the Dragons opening month is

Munster Away
Leinster Away
Aironi Home
Connacht Away

Good start probably down the toilet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down