The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3!

+6
Ar aghaidh le cheile
Cari
bluemoda
patrick91
RebelBhoy
Hartley
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3! Empty FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3!

Post by Hartley Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

So it's Cork v Down, a repeat of last years All-Ireland final, at 6pm on Saturday at Croke Park. What was wrong with earlier in the afternoon firstly? Do I look like I want a day out in the Capital? Rolling Eyes

Now to selling the rights to TV3 - this isn't available on sky in Northern Ireland for many of us. Down is actually in Northern Ireland. Therefore we might not be able to see the game.

We do have RTE 1, RTE 2, TG4, BBC NI, UTV etc. but no TV3.

So GAA maybe time to back to the drawing board and come back with some sensible times and broadcasters. Hug

Hartley

Back to top Go down

FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3! Empty Re: FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3!

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:38 pm

Is it a dooblet tete-er as they say en francais?

I might take a shpin down.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3! Empty Re: FAO: Croke Park - Not all Northerners can get TV3!

Post by patrick91 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

why cant bbc show tv3 matches?

gaa havent a clue when it comes to live gaa to show longford v laois and donegal v antrim and now when it gets to the real championship the knockout stage they show one match any onther properly run sport would show 3 matches at this stage but not the gaa.

tv3 showing 2 quarter finals gaa dont give a .... about northern fans.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

Won't it be on BBC NI. Isn't this the tv station that only shows teams from NI and maybe at a stretch the other 3 Ulster counties. The same tv station that calls it THE CHAMPIONSHIP and not the All-Ireland The same tv station that never mentions the 26 other counties in THE CHAMPIONSHIP in case in causes offence.

Anyway, as you say, Down is in NI therefore it will be on the BBC, so what's the problem?

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

tv3 is aligned to UTV, so no reason they couldn't show it.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

Awh BBC NI would be awesome biscuits cause I'd get to see it! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:57 pm

Cari wrote:Awh BBC NI would be awesome biscuits cause I'd get to see it! Very Happy

so youl be hoping for an ulster team to make the final? Very Happy
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

Pat - a Dubs-Ulster team final would be perfick!! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

dubs tyrone? would suit me. Very Happy
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

I'm in County Down and I get tv3 loud and clear. My problem this week is Iam away on the hols to Kerry contributing to the recovery.

Will miss attending the game but hope to have landed in time for a pint and a seat in the bar.

Are there any problems with tv3 coverage at the other end of the country.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:21 pm

patrick91 wrote:dubs tyrone? would suit me. Very Happy

Keep taking those pills kid OK Ain't going to happen.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

stranger things have happened.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

Aw shurrup Thom... raspberry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:30 pm

patrick91 wrote:stranger things have happened.

I don't think Tyrone are good enough at the moment to be honest,they are decent but I don't know if they have that extra gear to get to a final,do they have many bench options?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

right, that's it. I'm going.

Bithday present to myself
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:54 pm

is it your Birthday rebel? When? This weekend? You kept that quiet!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:54 pm

bringing the older players on as impact subs seems to be harte's current system.

coney peter harte and donnelly are the minors coming through and all showing form.

be nice to get revenge on the team that stopped our two in a row.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm

Cari wrote:is it your Birthday rebel? When? This weekend? You kept that quiet!

thursday.

My little girl is 4 tomorrow. it is the only way I remember, it is 2 days after her.

a band called the stunning are playing on the street on thursday night in a place called buncrana. they are one of my facourite bands......none of my pals here have a clue even who they are, so I might be going solo.....or not at all. I was at their "last ever gig" in 1994....but they reformed a few yers back.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:42 pm

patrick91 wrote:bringing the older players on as impact subs seems to be harte's current system.

coney peter harte and donnelly are the minors coming through and all showing form.

be nice to get revenge on the team that stopped our two in a row.

coney is a knob. hardly a minor any more either.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:right, that's it. I'm going.

Might as well go to see Corks last day of the GAA year!!!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

BBC NI can be a right pain in the aris sometimes. The only matches I've seen over here that had an Ulster team and someone from the 26 was the croker double header last year when down beat kerry.

I've never heard of them either Rebel, if its just a one-off thing I'd just go anyway.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:02 pm

John Cregan wrote:
RebelBhoy wrote:right, that's it. I'm going.

Might as well go to see Corks last day of the GAA year!!!!

whatever happens there is a couple of days left in it yet with the camogs and ladyballers & u-21 hurlers......you get this when you are the most successful GAA county on the planet.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:
I've never heard of them either Rebel, if its just a one-off thing I'd just go anyway.

cool band.

I can't really go on my own..... in a street. I'd have to drive. It is only 5yo yo's though.
the same night a band are playing there in a nightclub who have 1 song that is amazing.....the rest are meh.

I got it wrong. FRIDAY is my birthday.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

I knew it was round and about my daughters. I don't forget that one!
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:29 pm

You forgot you're own birthday? Well s'pose its normal, I forgot mine last year until I was reminded the day before, don't really bother with it anyway.

Was on not606 for the first time in ages earlier on, and its come to my attention Rebel. You have our former president in hiding over there!! Was wondering where he went after the revolutions, I knew he couldn't stay in retirement for long. Get him to come over here.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:

furious
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:39 pm

Sharp falls in the value of the yo yo, maybe Buncrana will be free. Never mind the recovery Kerry with extra yo yos

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:51 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:You forgot you're own birthday? Well s'pose its normal, I forgot mine last year until I was reminded the day before, don't really bother with it anyway.

Was on not606 for the first time in ages earlier on, and its come to my attention Rebel. You have our former president in hiding over there!! Was wondering where he went after the revolutions, I knew he couldn't stay in retirement for long. Get him to come over here.

I did forget. I am always forgetting it. I never get anything anyway. last year my son got a celtic kit for it as the wife reckoned I'd get more pleasure out of that.

not 606 is like a drug to me. I keep fighting with folk on there. the rules of engagement are different to the rest of the world. You don't have to use logic in an argument, just claim that you have won often enough.

I have told IA that this is the home of the GAA....I am working on him.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:53 pm

Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:Sharp falls in the value of the yo yo, maybe Buncrana will be free. Never mind the recovery Kerry with extra yo yos

still costs a bomb though.

I don't have to spend any money though, just the 5 yo yo. I canny drink if I have the car and I'll be on my own.... I couldn't drink on my own anyway.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:54 pm

patrick91 wrote:
RebelBhoy wrote:

furious

he is though. I've yet to hear otherwise from anyone in tyrone.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:06 am

still costs a bomb though.

I don't have to spend any money though, just the 5 yo yo. I canny drink if I have the car and I'll be on my own.... I couldn't drink on my own anyway.[/quote]

I thought the rules of engagement were different in Donegal?

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

ah shur, there is even a boreen over the mountain used for those very occasions.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:17 am

You might need to hang onto the yo yos, Down County Board notifying prices as £23 into Cusack etc or 25 yo yos.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

yee ha. cowboys.

yo yo's it is.

not bad for a double header
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:29 am

Rebel - sounds like a good birthday bash you've planned and with your merch (daughter) as well Smile

Only a week to go for meeeee! I bet Bernie's excited already.... Very Happy I've no idea where my bum will be placed in Croke Park but as long as I'm there I don't care. Yahoo

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

Just make sure you're not sitting or standing on any needles Cari Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:53 am

RebelBhoy wrote:not 606 is like a drug to me. I keep fighting with folk on there. the rules of engagement are different to the rest of the world. You don't have to use logic in an argument, just claim that you have won often enough..

If things remain the way they are in the NFL with the CBA situation then I'll probably be going on not606 for some Liverpool chat if there's no NFL season this year. Hopefully there's some other normal people on there somewhere rather just the psychos I've seen so far.

Speaking of the Dubs it looks like they nearly had micko as their boss- http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2011/0719/odwyer.html
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Just couple of thoughts
How much money would Micko have got for managing the Jacks?is
Would he have spent the entire Dublin Hurling budget and therefore no progression
Would he have been paid that much that Bertie and the FF junta would have had to dipped into the banks stopping the property bubble and as a consequence negating the economic problems
Would Dublin have won thatmny AIs that the Kerry/Tyrone axis of evil would never have happened.
Would disillusioned Jack youth have turned to football rather than Drugs
Would Jedward have been ideal corner forwards instead of talented entertainers
In short Micko saviour of the world.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:11 am

Thomond wrote:Just make sure you're not sitting or standing on any needles Cari Wink

Oh now Thom that's just asking for sitting on a big pr!ck joke... Whistle

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

Cari
The boys in bleew will be playing enough said!

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:34 pm

Rebel
Croker everybody in changed colours again. Your lot are in white and thank god apparently we have got shot of that terrible yellow. Down have registered an all black kit. Psycologically every little bit helps!

Kildare will play in Leinster green while derry will play in all red

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:

Kildare will play in Leinster green while derry will play in all red

Is Leinster Green different from other Green? I suppose there are 40 shades of it!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

Bit early for a sing song?

Munster red?

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

I see they're having all the games on at Croke Park on Saturday Smile

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0720/1224301008506.html

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

O Dwyer would never had been accepted as the Dublin manager. There would have been uproar if he was given the job, it was never going to happen, he prob would'nt have been any use anyway as all he seem's to manage theese day's are small countie's with no pressure on him to do anything. The best manager of all time without doubt and while he is respected in Dublin he is also hated, a bit like Sean Boylan.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartley Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Och, ffs I think I'll give it a miss this weekend - the throw in times are late esp. for Down v Cork*, the Belfast to Dublin line is under-going work and there's bus transfer rudey poo (get on bus at Belfast, get off bus at Newry, Get on train at Newry, Get off train at Dublin - Get on train at Dublin, get off train at Newry, get on bus at Newry, Get off bus at Belfast!!) and I haven't prepared for the trip* - train tickets, match tickets, pounds to euros etc at all besides phoning Translink this morning. Besides if Down win I can always go to the quarters (there's on-going work next Sunday but Down would probably get the Saturday besides I'd be so fuming I'd just go for it on the Sunday) and if they lose maybe I go to one of the hurling semi finals, as a neutral, in order to have my annual trip to Headquarters!! Do folk travel to games as neutrals or would I be weird?

* Appreciate these may seem like silly excuses to some of ya but if ya have a bit of a disability things are more awkward travelling to events!! Anyway hope Rebelbhoy enjoys the match - though not too much obviously lol plus happy birthday!

Hartley

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

Can't go to these a feckin going away party! mad

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

Hartley - I'm at the QFs next weekend too!!! Very Happy

Thom - that's a shame. Any chance of a big screen at the party?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartley Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

Cari, The Quarter final weekend in football is the best weekend in the entire GAA calendar in my opinion - you've enough teams (ie 8) where there is widespread interest and yet it's still the closing stages so the excitment is palpable. I still remember last year when Down beat Kerry and straight after that Dublin beat Tyrone - the two teams that fought for the title team of the decade were suddenly taken out in one afternoon! I also attended the semis and final last year but the quarters is the best!

Hartley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:38 am

Hartley - that's good to know. I can't wait. It's going to be bananas. I also have a Blackberry, so if I get the chance (and the Wifi's not pricey) I can report "live" from my seat at Croker!! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next