The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MITB live review

5 posters

Go down

MITB live review  Empty MITB live review

Post by theanimal316 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:12 am

First time on here in a few weeks but I was lucky enough to attend MITB and wanted to share some thoughts from the show. I have yet to read people's reviews on here so am looking forward to seeing how it came across on tv, because live it was simply awesome.

Even before the show came on air, there were CM Punk chants going through the arena. There were also a lot of 'if Cena wins we riot" signs that were taken from people before the show started. The atmosphere just seemed a bit special before the show kicked off.

I was lucky to be sitting ringside but one thing I missed was that there was no ramp down to the ring, it meant we could only see the guys once they got right to the ring. Apart from that I thought the set was nice. For an arena that hosted Wrestlemania 3 times I believe, it is fairly small.

The Smackdown MITB match was better than the Raw one I thought. Sheamus was very impressive live, as was Gabriel. Don't think many sensed a DB win, it seemed like the crowd were going for a Sheamus or Kane win, but Bryan got a big pop when he won and looked delighted. As for the Raw ladder match, was disappointed Miz got taken out so early. There was a lot of good athleticism in the match, but it didn't flow just as nicely as the Smackdown one.

Big Show is ridiculously big in real life. Mark Henry looks fatter also in person. After sitting behind Eve, she is now my favourite diva, smoking hot.

Orton got a huge pop when he came out, but the crowd seemed divided between a Christian and Orton win. I thought the finish was excellent as I couldn't predict it. The crowd were happy with Christian winning, but even more happy with Orton's prolonged beating after. His smile looked really sadistic.

On to the main event, I hadn't heard a reaction like that since One Night Stand with Cena vs RVD. I hope it came across that loud on tv. During Cena's entrance, they actually turned up the volume of his music to drown out the booing. I thought Punk was excellent in getting the crowd pumped. Will be interesting if he remains face upon his return. Regarding the match itself, Cena performed really well I thought and Punk performed even one level above that.

Overall I was delighted to attend, and got a bonus that we got to keep the ringside seats we had. I'm definitely going to attend more PPVs and hopefully WM 28. I think CM Punk cemented himself as an all time great at MITB. Very Happy

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

MITB live review  Empty Re: MITB live review

Post by Brady12 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:19 am

Fair play buddy - respect for going... Always liked you as a poster & wonder where you'd been.

From a guy who sky plused it & watch on Monday night it really was one of the best pay-per-views I'd seen in years. The crowd & Punk made the whole show though & look what happened the next night on Raw when both were absent...

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks Brad. I am working in Chicago for 6 months, I didn't travel across just for it. I actually work for Allstate, company who sponsor the arena, that's why i was able to get the ringside tickets. Can't wait to watch it when I get home, my bro better have sky plussed it for me!

How did Cena's performance come across on tv?

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 am

I thought he carried himself excellently... Obviously his in ring work was sloppy in places (I think he did 3 suplexes in the match & not 1 looked good) but he proved what great company guy he is. He for once sold well showed & put Punk over by letting him kick out twice of the AA & twice escape the STF.

The crowd seemed off the chart virtually made the event. What a spot of luck that was your employees sponsering the stadium!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 am

Don't think your eyes were decisIving you Henry looked to me like he'd put on alot of weight!!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:58 am

Yeah Henry used to look like he had some muscle tone but he rem,inded me of Glen Ross if you know him, the Northern Ireland strongman. I just read everyone's reviews on here and wow I'm just delighted it came across so well on tv. I was gonna sell my chair from the event but definitely not now!
Do you think Punk will remain a face? I think he will get this sort of reaction wherever he goes in the country now, what he has done for wrestling in 3 weeks is more than people Orton has done in 3 months on Smackdown,

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:04 am

Yeah he'll be a face when he returns no doubt. He got some good chats from Green Bay crowd on Raw.... He's the best in the business at the minute. Orton is just a good looking guy, solid worker with a well connected Dad in my opinion... He's never made a guy & never will

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:08 am

I think Orton is a lot more than that, I think he's a great worker with a triffic move-set and great ring presence and psychology, his only real noticable downside is his voice

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 am

Since Orton went to SD is has been a class above. Think punk is the guy to make wrestling cool again

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 am

Punk is the man of the moment - I think he definitely cemented his place among the who's who of the WWE elite. No one has been able to garner that much passion from the fans in recent times; Punk is definitely special. Fascinating to hear they actually turned Cena's music up because the booing came across very strongly on tv. In fact the atmosphere was positively electric even through the tv screen so I can only imagine what it must have been like live! I am very envious! Wink All in all a near perfect PPV - it delivered in every way and the payoff in the main event was better than I could have ever dreamt.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down