The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland 6 Nations Thread

+18
Barney McGrew did it
George Carlin
funnyExiledScot
R!skysports
Tramptastic
RuggerRadge2611
jimbopip
Hazel Sapling
EWT Spoons
Gooseberry
tigertattie
TheMildlyFranticLlama
LondonTiger
bsando
BigGee
RDW
NeilyBroon
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Scotland 6 Nations Thread Empty Scotland 6 Nations Thread

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:22 pm

As one of his strongest critics on here biggee I agree. He's had a chance to turn the team around, he's recruited well to do that. I will lay off the criticism for now. Still work to do around the rucks and lineouts. A new forwards coach should do that. I also still think we stand too deep at the moment.

I still think we have more electric choices at centre (who arent huw jones) than Harris. He does very little wrong but you dont hold your breath when he comes in in support. I'd really like to see Scott at OC, he made a great partnership with dunbar when he played there. Either that or I'd like to see what one of steyn or hutch can do. Defensively I'd say most of our options are a much of a muchness and think thats just a weak argument for exclusion.

Talking of defence, it was great today bar the second france try. Tandy take a bow. Interesting that the scrum really suffered with the subs but was otherwise excellent. Desperately need Schoe to qualify and another TH to step up. Tries were finished well and Hastings had a good game.

Ritchie well deserved MoM and surely in line for captaincy if he keeps it up.

All in all, decent win and I'll happily take that as progress from the lows of last year and 2018. If we sort our rucking on our ball, the attack will come.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Scotland 6 Nations Thread Empty Re: Scotland 6 Nations Thread

Post by RDW Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:27 pm

Nelly - Matt Scott played at 12 in that partnership, hence Matt Scott (12)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:33 pm

Sorry getting my positions mixed up with club! He did play a couple of seasons at 13 though and did a very good job of it. He's on scintillating form right now that seems a shame to waste.

Cant see any changes happening (bar injury) for wales.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:49 pm

As a game that sort of disproved everything I used to think. Harris played well and we won playing Toonie's way. However, I do not think it taught us anything new. We know we show up better at home and France had 14 men for most of the game. If next week goes to form we may well finish with three wins and two losing bonus points. That's not a remotely bad result for a team that's been without there best player for the entire tournament. I don't think Townsend is the best man for the job but if he ends the tournament having brought Russell back into the fold and delivering three wins I think you have to say he's done alright. Going forward we have to get Huw Jones back on form. He's too good a player and we're too small a nation not to have him involved. Hastings is growing into an international quality fly-half. Hogg is becoming a proper captain. It's an odd feeling, but I am slightly dissatisfied. I think it's because the game was effectively ruined by a moment of idiocy. It is nice that we are on the sensible side of that though. I am not sold on Ritchie, I think he's almost good enough at everything needed to be an international flanker. But he is the best we've got and it is cheering for us finally to have the player that gets under the skin and has a bit of niggle. Too often in the past we've been soft or stupid with no in between. Ritchie is neither of those things, Jonny Gray could do with learning from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:52 pm

15. Hogg - Lead the team well and played a pivotal role in Maitland's second try, saw the space and went for it, putting Harris away. 8

14. Maitland - 2 tries in an international not to be sniffed at, add to that winning high balls and his usual rock like performance defensively, it was his best game in (light blue) for some time and that is saying something for a very consistent player. 8

13. Harris - the much maligned outside centre (mainly on the basis that he is not the 2017 version of Huw Jones) showed for the second week in a row, why he is in the team. Did not miss a trick defensively, which is impressive when marking Vakataki and saw the gap and the support for Maitland's second try. Growuing into the role now he has got Toonie's trust. 7

12. Johnson - Continues to show he can play in the tight spaces close to the breakdown as well as having the vision to move the ball on when there is space. other centres would have ignored Maitland and may or may not have made the line for the pivotal score prior to HT. He has been very solid in this championship and is definitely the incumbent at 2 now. 7

11. Kinghorn - Did not do anything much wrong in this game, whilst not standing out quite s much as some of the other backs. Probably would be struggling to start if Graham was fit, but is still a class player. 6

10. Hastings - His best game of the series so far, following on from the Italy game when he wobbled a bit. His break lead to Maitlands first try and he controlled the game with good kicking and passing. excellent kicking from the tee as well. 8

9. Price - A good solid game, but you still feel he does not get the ball away as fast as Horne does. His break lead to the second try but Horne might have made the line himself in similar circumstances. a decent game though, hard to be to critical. 7

6. Ritchie - the official MoM and he certainly took one for the team (right on the hooter judging by the photos!). he is a royal Pain in the arse and knows how to get under the opposition skin. he is also a very clever rugby player and had the vision to throw the pass for Maitland's second try. He is becoming a fixtire in the tem and will surely be its captain one day. 9

7. Watson - What can you say, sustained excellence as always. Could easily have been MoM as well. 9

8. Haining - a big man who carries hard. Justified his selection over Bradbury in my opinion, always seems to make some yards in traffic. You would hope he will continue to improve with more exposure at this level. 7

4. Cummings - Less eye catching than some recent games, but did the hard graft. 6

5. Gilchrist - Again someone who more than justified their selection, his best game in a Scotland shirt for a long time. 8

3. Fagerson Z - any doubts about who our starting TH is now are long banished. This year has been his coming of age and he has most certainly arrived. Less zandbags these days and more concentrating on the day job. He gave his opposite prop a torrid time and was prominent around the park as well. 8

2. Brown - There really is not much to call between our two hookers. Brown probably better in the tight and over the ball, MacInally showing his speed on the break. both played well. 7

1. Sutherland - Another one who has had a coming of age season. He is becoming the player we all hoped he would be prior to the injuries. gave his opposite prop a torrid time and put himself about as well. 8

Subs. hard to detect a great deal of influence as the game was won before any of them came on. None of them disgraced themselves though. I still think Horne deserves a start at some point though! Mcinally and Brown are virtually interchangeable and Steyn followed up hard on his debut. Good to see Skinner back as well.

Poor old Duncy only got 2 mins at the end of the game!

P

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:53 pm

Player ratings

Sutherland 9/10 - Another fantastic game from the Loosehead, especially at scrum time. He even apologised to Dupont for smashing him, what a gent.
Brown 8/10 - He buggered a line out early on but was brilliant in the loose and his strength to prevent Vakatawa stripping him before the first Scottish try was excellent.
Fagerson 9/10 - Another brilliant game, he is well and truly first choice tighthead now.
Cummings 7/10 - Some good lineout work and carries, brilliant defence too.
Gilchrist 8/10 - Excellent all round performance and sweet as pie pass to Hoggy to setup the first try.
Ritchie 9/10 - MOM performance, gave some niggle and won his side a French red card (unintentionally of course) but his passion was controlled and contained.
Watson 9/10 - I would have made him my MOM, he was excellent and won turnovers out of nothing at times. Another great game for the openside
Haining 8/10 - Some excellent carries and offloads, gave back some good niggle to a frustrated French side. He's adding much needed bite to the Scottish backrow. Looked a bit buggered before he went off though hence 8/10.
Price 7/10 - A greatly controlled game, passed well and did well at ruck time. Gave a daft penalty away for offside early in second half but otherwise his best game so far.
Hastings 9/10 - He was excellent. Very impressive game and kicking. He had a few sceptical passes, one out of touch on full but it didn't really matter though. I think he is on the cusp of usurping Russell if he can outplay Biggar next weekend.
Kinghorn 6/10 - Some good moments but he still looks frail in defence and could be getting more involved. He wasn't tested in air much but he did well.
Johnson 8/10 - Slick hands and strong ball carrying. Did well in defence and probably his best game for Scotland in a while.
Harris 8/10 - A strong break to setup the second try and good workrate. A few slipped tackles I think but overall very good from him.
Maitland 9/10 - Excellent in the air, a try saving tackle on Fickou (Pernaud scored a few phases later though) and a brace of well taken tries. MOM contender for sure.
Hogg 9/10 - Great kicks and a few nice runs. He is a classy player and now a classy captain. A very good game for him despite one loose high kick.

Replacements: Dell 6/10, McInally 7/10 - A good try from nothing, but a bad throw at a good position was frustrating. Excellent in the loose and in defence. Nel 6/10 - Got turned over easily at one point but didn't have a lot of time to prove himself. Skinner 5/10 didn't play much, not much to say on him really. Bradbury 5/10 - Same as Skinner. Horne 7/10 - Brought some pace and quick darts to the game. Unlucky not to score a try and always in right place for an offload. Weir 5/10 - Don't think he did much in his few minutes. Steyn 7/10 - A solid debut, won a 50/50 ball in the air and did well positionally. He'll be back!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:55 pm

Slightly over the top ratings, but under the circumstances we can let that pass.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:57 pm

Thanks guys.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:06 pm

Got to ask the question as to why he picks Johnson over Matt Scott.

Age may be one factor, Scott has had his time in the sun and has not always delivered and he is also 29 and very injury prone, not necessarily someone you want to build a team around.

The role of Johnson in Maitland's first try probably illustrates the real difference though. Johnson could have gone for the line himself there and may well have made it. However he realised that the better option was the man outside him with the real space and all it took was a perfectly weighted pass, which he delivered.

Scott would have been more likely to have gone for the try himself and maybe more likely to have made it. However if he had come short, the move may have died off with him. He may well be a better strike runner than Johnson but he is a poorer passer and certainly has less peripheral vision. He is probably less effective defensively as well.

At international level. much more than at the club game you have got to take the percentage option to score. The chances just don't come along that often. Johnson will take the percentage option more often and more effectively than Matt Scott might do and that is why he is in the team.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:12 pm

I disagree on Scott taking the selfish option, he's very much a player in the mold of Johnson and a superb distributor. I think it'd be great to see them play together, especially as Scott has extensive experience of OC at a high level competition. He's got a great rugby brain on him.

As for the shug dilhemma. Its a bit chicken and egg with him. He's a confidence player, and for whatever reason the coaches dont seem to give him much of a chance to get a good run, which is probably why we rarely see the flash stuff. However its worth noting he's had some great games in a Glasgow shirt this season when he's had more than 2 games in a row, and he's hardly done anything wrong for Scotland. Harris gets in as a grafter and does a good job but it is at the expense of Jones getting a run in dark blue, despite his last outings being probably the same level of performance as Harris.

Last edited by NeilyBroon on Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:13 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Slightly over the top ratings, but under the circumstances we can let that pass.

This. We were playing 14 men. Such is the life of a Scottish rugby fan though, got to grasp at those straws. I’ll be reserving judgement until the end of the tournament before I start lauding any great turnaround, but the win was important

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:17 pm

Fagerson seems to have properly arrived. A big 18 months could see him becoming a Test lion.

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:22 pm

Now the rest of the ratings may have been over the top but I reckon he has a good chance tbf. Good tightheads are hot property these days. Delighted to see him come of age, lets hope his brother is the same!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 08 Mar 2020, 8:27 pm

Some bizarre ratings flying around. Think some folk are still on cloud 9.

Gilchrist is at least two marks higher than Cummings today
Why Blair Kinghorn is getting a 6 when he did nothing wrong is beyond me

The thing to remember is that we won. Team effort and all. But I think we need to keep our feet on the ground here and not go all welsh thinking we’re World beaters. We won yes, but a large part of it was because France lost.

We can’t let this be another false dawn. The win has saved Toonie his job but we can’t go back to being Scotland, the team that only win at home. We need to back up this win by winning vs wales. I say need, again it’s a could win game, not a should win game. But to be able to claim we’re making progress, we really need to win bs a wales team looking all at sea.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 08 Mar 2020, 9:29 pm

One detail I loved was Hogg's involvement that released Harris - he was sumptuous in drawing the defence and passed at exactly the right time. Really shows he's matured and reduces my fear that he's going to try too hard as Captain. Old Hogg would have tried to make an outside break from it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 09 Mar 2020, 7:36 am

Yeah the pundits singled that out at the end as well actually, he did really well there. Not just an electric player finding gaps anymore, he's more tactical but can still hit gas to get around people as well. Great to see him increasing in form this season.

Hastings pass to Maitland for his 2nd was a great piece of vision too, and his break leading to the first was trademark Hastings slippery-ness. Past two weeks Hastings has earned me 100+ points on fantasy rugby, higher than any other player on my team. He's arguably the form 10 behind Ford I would say. Biggar will be a big test next week though.

As for ratings, I think if you knocked a point off myself and Gee's ratings they'd be exactly the same at the Offside Lines player ratings. Personally, I think if your team wins and wins well the ratings should be close to 10, red card or no. Scotland could have got stuck in an arm wrestle with France in that second half, instead they played clever, positive rugby that was (as all the pundits said) an 80 minute performance. My biggest gripe was kicking the ball away at the end, but I guess they players aren't really fussed about the BP's and just want to focus on winning games.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 09 Mar 2020, 7:55 am

Just noticed Rugbypass rated Hogg a 6/10 then added him in their team of round 4.. Doh

Rugbypass on Scotland ratings..

STUART HOGG 6

Noises from inside the camp are that Hogg was to the manor born as a captain, and if you allow for his first-round fumble, this Six Nations has been a return to form after a flat Rugby World Cup. His vision and smart decision making with ball in hand told in many of Scotland’s most productive plays. However, his kick selection and accuracy let him down here at times. No doubt his initial steps as skipper will see a temporary depreciation in his own game.

and on team of round 4...

15. Stuart Hogg, Scotland

Hogg’s best performance of the Six Nations so far this year, the full-back was incisive and his decision-making in attack led to composed and clinical Scottish tries. When Hogg plays well, a lot of Scotland’s attacking issues melt away around his influential contributions and that was as true as it has ever been on Sunday.

Rolling Eyes

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 09 Mar 2020, 7:58 am

Scotland not lost a game by more than 7 points and have two wins so far. Maybe they havent exactly looked brilliant in any games and did rely to some extent on France imploding (but did create the pressure that caused them to crack) but it must be a better set of scores than anyone could have expected for the tournament.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 09 Mar 2020, 8:23 am

Gooseberry wrote:Scotland not lost a game by more than 7 points and have two wins so far. Maybe they havent exactly looked brilliant in any games and did rely to some extent on France imploding (but did create the pressure that caused them to crack) but it must be a better set of scores than anyone could have expected for the tournament.

When supporting Scotland, it is always more hope than expectation!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 09 Mar 2020, 8:56 am

Scotland Sevens had a reasonable run out in Vancouver this weekend as well and ended up winning the 9th place play off, beating France again!

Kyle Rowe looked a very decent prospect, very quick and scored some great tries.

Another one who might come back into the 15s game as a winger?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 09 Mar 2020, 8:57 am

Well folks I'm sure you've all noticed your favourite Founder has been quiet on here recently. It's been a busy few weeks with the upshot being I'm currently in the airport about to emigrate to Sydney!

I'll still be on here but with the time difference in gonna miss the Wales game. It might be a blessing in disguise but I hope I wake up to see a great result!

Biggee and GC have got the keys - make sure you turn the lights off at night OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 09 Mar 2020, 9:21 am

RDW wrote:Well folks I'm sure you've all noticed your favourite Founder has been quiet on here recently. It's been a busy few weeks with the upshot being I'm currently in the airport about to emigrate to Sydney!

I'll still be on here but with the time difference in gonna miss the Wales game. It might be a blessing in disguise but I hope I wake up to see a great result!

Awesome news RDW! Don't forget to wear sun screen Wink Sydney is an amazing city (if you haven't already been yet) great mix of city life and coastal beauty. Hope the move goes well. Which Super Rugby team are you going to support? Laugh

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 09 Mar 2020, 9:33 am

Gooseberry wrote:Scotland not lost a game by more than 7 points and have two wins so far. Maybe they havent exactly looked brilliant in any games and did rely to some extent on France imploding (but did create the pressure that caused them to crack) but it must be a better set of scores than anyone could have expected for the tournament.

100%

I think most expected Scotland to make some changes after leaking so many scores in the RWC and the 2019 6N. I don't think anyone expected the changes to be this effective. Pre tournament we had a loosehead crisis and Sutherland has come out of nowhere, stolen the jersey from Dell and been one of the best performing looseheads overall. there's still a long way to go but I think the defensive and tactical changes have been a pragmatic step forwards.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 09 Mar 2020, 9:52 am

RDW wrote:Well folks I'm sure you've all noticed your favourite Founder has been quiet on here recently. It's been a busy few weeks with the upshot being I'm currently in the airport about to emigrate to Sydney!

Good luck on the move mate. Sydney is an amazing part of the world so I'm only slightly jealous.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 09 Mar 2020, 9:54 am

bsando wrote:

Awesome news RDW! Don't forget to wear sun screen Wink Sydney is an amazing city (if you haven't already been yet) great mix of city life and coastal beauty. Hope the move goes well. Which Super Rugby team are you going to support? Laugh

We got an empy?

Woohoooooo

Quick, someone grab the micorwave before Jimbo walks out with it!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 09 Mar 2020, 10:56 am

Congratulations RDW! Meant to be a wonderful part of the world and hopefully it delivers for you

As for Scotland, a win is a win even if it is an asterisk. Before the tournament, I had two wins against France and Italy plus a win against Wales, England or Ireland as a good tournament. We should have achieved that already and a win against a Welsh team that is losing players to injuries left, right and centre could yet deliver that. Finishing third (which a win guarantees) at least pays Dodson's salary vs finishing fifth if we lost. Next game is going to be crucial

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 09 Mar 2020, 11:18 am

Just seen this on twitter, congratulations flounder! Very envious, try not to fry in all that sunshine!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 09 Mar 2020, 11:42 am

tigertattie wrote:
bsando wrote:

We got an empy?

Woohoooooo

Quick, someone grab the micorwave before Jimbo walks out with it!

Flounder, you will be missed Hug I know you say you're staying on here but experience suggests that your new life will take up most of your time. AS IT SHOULD. I hope you and Mrs Flounder find all the happiness you deserve and you smile whenever you think of us.

Sydney is it? I have relatives in Sydney but as they squat in one of the lower rent neighbourhoods I don't expect you'll be rubbing shoulders with them.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 09 Mar 2020, 3:21 pm

I'm only just got back from my self imposed Finn Russellesque self imposed exile and he's pissing off already???!!

All the best man.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 09 Mar 2020, 7:28 pm

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 09 Mar 2020, 8:19 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51807629

Tom English rarely writes a bad article, it is more unusual however for him to be writing a positive one about a Scotland performance.

Long may it continue!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Tue 10 Mar 2020, 11:43 am

What has been nice to see from a reaction to the win on Sunday is barely anyone is discussing Russell in various podcasts/articles. Because Scotland are winning and winning well, there's less emphasis on "well if Russell was there things might have been different".

What I'm feeling now is "right, don't even need to think about Finngate, Scotland are playing well, looking forward to Saturday". Would still be great to have Finn Russell but he's not the be all and end all of Scottish rugby.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 10 Mar 2020, 2:11 pm

Tramptastic wrote:What has been nice to see from a reaction to the win on Sunday is barely anyone is discussing Russell in various podcasts/articles. Because Scotland are winning and winning well, there's less emphasis on "well if Russell was there things might have been different".

What I'm feeling now is "right, don't even need to think about Finngate, Scotland are playing well, looking forward to Saturday". Would still be great to have Finn Russell but he's not the be all and end all of Scottish rugby.

Why did you need to bring it up :-) Very Happy

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Tue 10 Mar 2020, 2:23 pm

R!skysports wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:What has been nice to see from a reaction to the win on Sunday is barely anyone is discussing Russell in various podcasts/articles. Because Scotland are winning and winning well, there's less emphasis on "well if Russell was there things might have been different".

Why did you need to bring it up :-) Very Happy

Haha I could feel the oxymoron as I typed it but couldn't help myself!

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 10 Mar 2020, 4:00 pm

One of the things I have been pondering.....has the steel nad defensive up turn come about about the same time that Jones is not playing?

Last few years he has been a turnstyle and maybe it is good that he is not playing just now?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 10 Mar 2020, 4:19 pm

R!skysports wrote:One of the things I have been pondering.....has the steel nad defensive up turn come about about the same time that Jones is not playing?

Last few years he has been a turnstyle and maybe it is good that he is not playing just now?

Probably a bit harsh on Shuggy, it seems to be more to do with the new defence coach. Our defence was pretty ropey in several games under Matt Taylor, even when HJ was not playing.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 10 Mar 2020, 4:24 pm

R!skysports wrote:One of the things I have been pondering.....has the steel nad defensive up turn come about about the same time that Jones is not playing?

Nah it was a big problem during the WC and beyond. Multiple occassions Jones wasn't playing. As I said I think that calling out his defence is a relatively weak excuse not to play him as it is something he's focused on so much that he's lost his cutting edge a bit. I don't think he's fallen off many more tackles than Harris, if any more. I think if anyone can feel hard done by, Jones is it. He's basically the backs equivalent of John Barclay circa 2014/15. No reason not to include him in the 23, especially as he hasn't played badly recently. As Harris shows, time allowed in the shirt improves play.

I disagree with a few of Toonie's selections, and still don't think Harris is our saviour at 13 contrary to how others responded to his game on Sunday, his break flattered to deceive, I don't think he does any more than Jones on current form - granted it'd be harsh to drop him now, and Toonie needs to reward form more as his selections seem piece meal sometimes. Harris is solid but I'd rather another option be given a shot.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Tue 10 Mar 2020, 4:27 pm

Jones played round one and two, we conceded two tries.
Harris has played round three and four, we conceded two tries. None against Italy, two against France.
I don’t think there’s a huge correlation between Jones and our defence. I think it’s probably Taylor and Tandy almost entirely as the cause. We’ve always been able to defend against poor teams. We conceded nothing against Italy, Russia and Samoa, we conceded one try in two games against Georgia over the summer. The difference is that we now seem to defend against good teams too. We conceded four against Ireland with Taylor at 13, four against Japan with Harris. Jones has been part of a decent defensive performance against Ireland. The England game doesn’t really count because of the conditions. It’s hard to discern a huge amount from that last game because France were down to 14.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:17 pm

Greetings from a sunny Sydney morning. Thanks for the messages everyone. Even Jimbo said something nice!

As much as I'm looking forward to nice weather, beaches and being bitten by snakes I'm still going to be around on here. I might actually have to do some work during the day given I'll have no one to talk to on here!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:00 pm

Best of luck with the big move. Make sure you remind them frequently that Craig Joubert had to bail them out against Big Vern's army!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Mar 2020, 7:30 am

RDW wrote:Greetings from a sunny Sydney morning. Thanks for the messages everyone. Even Jimbo said something nice!

As much as I'm looking forward to nice weather, beaches and being bitten by snakes I'm still going to be around on here. I might actually have to do some work during the day given I'll have no one to talk to on here!

If you're looking for some "trendy, cool, young persons' summer wear" there is an independent retailer in Sydney which goes under the label Disko Safari. Jai, founder/owner/designer is married to my cousin's daughter. Buy a T Shirt! Support a local entrepreneur. Maybe get a family discount.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 11 Mar 2020, 9:17 am

jimbopip wrote:
RDW wrote:Greetings from a sunny Sydney morning. Thanks for the messages everyone. Even Jimbo said something nice!

If you're looking for some "trendy, cool, young persons' summer wear" there is an independent retailer in Sydney which goes under the label Disko Safari. Jai, founder/owner/designer is married to my cousin's daughter. Buy a T Shirt! Support a local entrepreneur. Maybe get a family discount.

Just dont mention Jimbo's name or you'll get charged double!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Mar 2020, 9:19 am

jimbopip wrote:

If I see him I'll make sure I tell him I know a random bloke on a rugby forum who knows his wife's father/mother's cousin!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Mar 2020, 9:36 am

RDW wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

If I see him I'll make sure I tell him I know a random bloke on a rugby forum who knows his wife's father/mother's cousin!

Works for me every time. Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2020, 10:33 am

Good luck buddy. OK

How you will cope with the sunshine, beautiful women and constant supply of beer and grilled meat is just anyone's guess.

Keep posting - no reason to stop.

PS - Biggee and I have already installed a hot tub and a pool table in your office. We had to take all the furniture out but what the hey.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Mar 2020, 11:12 am

Hot tub and pool table? Won't your balls get all wet? Sounds like we need a new Mod in that there office. I nominate Joseph Marler Esquire . He's the man to take you in hand.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 14 Mar 2020, 4:48 pm

jimbopip wrote:Hot tub and pool table?  Won't your balls get all wet? Sounds like  we need a new Mod in that   there office. I nominate Joseph Marler Esquire . He's the man to take you in hand.

#JimboForMod
#OhWaitTheresTooManyWeegiesAlready
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Sun 15 Mar 2020, 1:18 pm

The SRU has started a 'hardship fund' of £500,000 (or 1.1Dodsons) to help keep clubs ticking over through Coronavirus. I have no idea on the practicalities of this, whether it is an appropriate amount of money or not. However I haven't seen any other Unions do it yet so it is nice to see our lot being proactive for a change.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 15 Mar 2020, 2:06 pm

123456789. wrote:The SRU has started a 'hardship fund' of £500,000 (or 1.1Dodsons) to help keep clubs ticking over through Coronavirus. I have no idea on the practicalities of this, whether it is an appropriate amount of money or not. However I haven't seen any other Unions do it yet so it is nice to see our lot being proactive for a change.

For once Dodson and the SRU seem to be getting some plaudits for their actions!

We are living in strange times!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 15 Mar 2020, 4:40 pm

BigGee wrote:
123456789. wrote:The SRU has started a 'hardship fund' of £500,000 (or 1.1Dodsons) to help keep clubs ticking over through Coronavirus. I have no idea on the practicalities of this, whether it is an appropriate amount of money or not. However I haven't seen any other Unions do it yet so it is nice to see our lot being proactive for a change.

For once Dodson and the SRU seem to be getting some plaudits for their actions!

We are living in strange times!

Maybe the corona has an as-yet unknown neurological impact. Dodson will be working in a soup kitchen next.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next