The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions squads and Somerset.

2 posters

Go down

Lions squads and Somerset. Empty Lions squads and Somerset.

Post by JDizzle Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 am

No Hildreth in the Lions squad! He goes from captain to not in the squad at all, I just do not get it. I am sure the selectors must have a reason for this... But if anyone knows it, feel free to share!

Also, a quick side note would be that maybe Jos Buttler is a little unfortunate to miss out on the ODI side. I know he is not having the greatest year this year, but he has potential and maybe being around better players would push him on!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Lions squads and Somerset. Empty Re: Lions squads and Somerset.

Post by hodge Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:42 am

They should be rewarding the guys who have had good seasons so i can understand Buttler missing out, he needs another solid season under his belt and age isnt against him where as maybe 1 or 2 guys the selectors have their eye on are getting to the age where its give them a try or unlikley to have another chance.

With regards to Hildreth, the selectors now know what they get from him, he is likely to be 2nd or 3rd choice for a spot in the middle order for england so i imagine they want him to now score runs for Somerset again, which is what got him notcied in the firt place.

Glad Kieswetter was selected though, imo now #2 for the test place and should have his ODI and T20 spot secured for a while.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:44 am

i think the selectors know what hildreth can do, and so are giving someone else a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down