The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India 2nd Test debate

+15
TopHat24/7
longhopmerchant
eirebilly
Stellar Key
hodge
msp83
dummy_half
robbo277
alfie
GSC
dyrewolfe
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Mad for Chelsea
Gregers
Pal Joey
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England vs India 2nd Test debate - Page 3 Empty England vs India 2nd Test debate

Post by Pal Joey Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

England vs India 2nd Test debate
by Liam_Main on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:49 pm

Sides

England:

1) Andrew Strauss (C)
2) Alistair Cook
3) Jonathan Trott
4) Kevin Pietersen
5) Ian Bell
6) Eoin Morgan
7) Matt Prior (WK)
8) Tim Bresnan
9) Stuart Broad
10) Graeme Swann
11) James Anderson

India:

1) Abhinav Makund
2) Rahul Dravid
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) VVS Laxman
5) Yuvraj Singh
6) Suresh Raina
7) MS Dhoni (WK)
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Praveen Kumar
10) Sreesanth
11) Ishant Sharma

Last edited by Liam_Main on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

England vs India 2nd Test debate - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs India 2nd Test debate

Post by Liam_Main Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:02 am

The so called best batting line up in the world haven't even reached 300 in 2 tests they have alot to improve on going into the 3rd test. If Khans fit that'll be a massive boost for them.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

England vs India 2nd Test debate - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs India 2nd Test debate

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:42 am

shows how good our bowling attack is Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

and it also shows how much psychology plays a part in the game.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:04 pm

however india have been awful in all departments on this tour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

Im at my girlfriends and got a work placement next week... NOOOOO will miss at least the first two days of the test!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

Gregers wrote:Im at my girlfriends and got a work placement next week... NOOOOO will miss at least the first two days of the test!

I downloaded a pirate copy of the 3rd test ...first day India win the toss , put england in , get them 3 down, then blow it.
I wont ruin the last 3 days for you but Im sure you cna guess how it will go.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:05 pm

india are just lucky to have harbajhan going home lol..

sehwag will be a big boost for them

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

I've read articles saying India were under-prepared for this series and others, saying they've been playing too much of other forms of cricket (IPL, T20 etc.)

On top of that, from the Indian players' performances and attitudes, it doesn't seem like Dhoni is doing a great job as skipper. His own performances must be affecting him and perhaps he's passing on his own lack of conofidence on to his players?

From his post-match interview it looks as though Sehwag, Gambhir and Khan will be available for the 3rd Test. However, I wonder if any thought has been given to appointing a new captain? Dhoni's poor form with both bat and gloves has got to be distracting him from his duties as skipper. Would someone like Dravid, Sehwag or Laxman be able to gee the team up?

Or even The Little Master (assuming he wanted the role)? If they can't get motivated to play for their most celebrated player ever, then there is something wrong!

Hoping the 3rd Test will be a lot less 1-sided. While I love it when England win, as much as the next person, I think to maintain interest in the series, we need a fightback from India.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:I've read articles saying India were under-prepared for this series and others, saying they've been playing too much of other forms of cricket (IPL, T20 etc.)

On top of that, from the Indian players' performances and attitudes, it doesn't seem like Dhoni is doing a great job as skipper. His own performances must be affecting him and perhaps he's passing on his own lack of conofidence on to his players?

From his post-match interview it looks as though Sehwag, Gambhir and Khan will be available for the 3rd Test. However, I wonder if any thought has been given to appointing a new captain? Dhoni's poor form with both bat and gloves has got to be distracting him from his duties as skipper. Would someone like Dravid, Sehwag or Laxman be able to gee the team up?

Or even The Little Master (assuming he wanted the role)? If they can't get motivated to play for their most celebrated player ever, then there is something wrong!

Hoping the 3rd Test will be a lot less 1-sided. While I love it when England win, as much as the next person, I think to maintain interest in the series, we need a fightback from India.

Thing is this sort of thing happens to all teams at one time or another when they go on tour.
Look at England in the West Indies a couple of years ago, or even more so when they went to Australia in 06/07. It takes a truely dominant side to get through thes erough patches when they come up against a side full of vim like England are right now.
In the grand scheme of things its pretty clear that England have been looking a lot harder at devleoping a test team to first retain the ashes and the win this series than India whos concentration was on teh world cup. No great shock that England played like marshmallows at that in amongst a flurry of withdrawls after a ridiculously stressfull year.India, at home, won..as they preared for.
Test cricket is attritional, part of teh battle is getting a side out there who are mentaly and physicaly up to the challenge. Its clear India have failed miserably to do that.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3