The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braylon Edwards and John Q. Law

5 posters

Go down

Braylon Edwards and John Q. Law Empty Braylon Edwards and John Q. Law

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:33 pm

Two of Braylon Edward's posse allegedly roughed up some bar employees and the fight ended up in the kitchen with one employee getting sliced with a knife, the wound requiring 14 stitches.

At about the same time, Edwards Tweeted "Damn. Get your knuckles ready!" And "Don't fight if. You don't know how"

Later on the tweets disappeared and he posted another message:

"Yo...lost my phone last night someone sent tweets. Deleted them and changed my password. Sorry for mishap hopefully never happens again!"

So, how dumb does he think we are and how is this going to impact his free agency? He apparently wasn't fighting, but does a team really want a guy who has already caused some headaches and had run ins with the law and hangs out with friends who are ready to knife fight people?

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Braylon Edwards and John Q. Law Empty Re: Braylon Edwards and John Q. Law

Post by Grizzly Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:47 pm

WR, don't you just love em....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 02 Aug 2011, 5:06 pm

I know the Cardinals were considering Edwards to take some heat of Larry -- but Malcolm Floyd is looking a lot more attractive as an option now - plus he doesn't have hands of stone.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:12 pm

Hopefully the Jets sign him up to a cheaper deal now!

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

Looks like the cops are digging a bit deeper into the situation. Apparently the two men involved were Edwards' cousins and instead of trying to stop them, he is alleged to have egged them on. The cousins have been arrested for felonious assault. Police are saying a 3rd person is being investigated and could be arrested - hmmm I wonder whom that could be?

Former NBA player Jalen Rose was present but tried to break up the fight.

I'm pretty sure I don't want this knucklehead on the Cards because how many games could we expect to get out of him before he does something stupid and gets suspended or thrown in jail? You can always count on him making the wrong decision.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 27 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Just been released by the Niners. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs make a play for him,he is injured at the moment but next season he could prove to be useful.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GurTPL Wed 28 Dec 2011, 10:23 am

I agree that the Bucs need to find a vet WR - I still think that what we saw out of them last year is a more accurate reflection of what type of players they will be in the NFL, rather than their weak showing this year - Williams especially, but Benn Briscoe & Parker have all shown flashes of real talent that could see them become a talented receiving corps for Free for years. But in the NFL, you cannot rely just on your talent, you need to couple that with technique. Last year, no-one was really expecting much from the Bucs, so the receivers could rely purely on their talent. This year, now that teams respected them (at least, in the first part of the year), they showed that their technique isn't close enough to NFL standard yet - so bringing in a guy who's been in the league for a while, and can show them how to convert that raw talent into NFL-standard tekkers, is a big priority IMO. That said, I think there could be better options out there than Braylon. One to keep an eye on is Marques Colston - he's already come out and said he will NOT be offering the Saints any type of hometown discount, and with New Orleans looking like they'll have to use the franchise tag on Brees, that should mean that Colston will hit the FA market. He's someone the Bucs should seriously pursue hard. Not only will he be able to help show our young guys how to build up their technique, but he provides an big downfield target for Free from opening day (Benn's got the skills and the size but doesn't yet have the experience or technique for getting off DBs) - and, extra bonus, takes away a dangerous weapon from a division rival.

GurTPL

http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down