The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made .

+12
Bull
Doubleagent73
GG
dyrewolfe
westisbest
The Womble
The Galveston Giant
Cari
User Name
Hoggy_Bear
TipToes88
Kenny
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made . Empty What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made .

Post by Kenny Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

Just finding my way round the site and posting on things that intrest me . TV being one , reading the threads made me think about what shows i would like to see again on tv either re-run or re-made .

Quick 3 ...............i will add more later

Tales of the Golden Monkey

Bring em back alive

Mannimal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made . Empty Re: What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made .

Post by TipToes88 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

ha i was just goin through the unfairly cancelled tv shows thread when you posted this.

Say the same, Outcasts. They owe us an ending

Also would like reaper and my name is earl too

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made . Empty Re: What shows would you like to see rescreened on tv ? either re-run or re-made .

Post by Kenny Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm

TipToes88 wrote:ha i was just goin through the unfairly cancelled tv shows thread when you posted this.

I hate it when shows just stop with no logical ending .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

Two series I remember fondly from my 'youth' and would like to watch again to see if they were as good as I remember are 'The Ritz' and 'Turtle's Progress'
I remember both as being brilliant, but that might just be nostalgia.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

Was the Ritz the show about the bouncers ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Was the Ritz the show about the bouncers ?

Yep, that's the one.
They also did a one of special set in Spain called 'The Continental' I think. Guest starred Frank Bruno IIRC.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:01 pm

Bottom

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

St Elsewhere - US '80s hosiptal drama. Brilliant stuff. They did re-runs on Channel 4 about two years ago but it was on at stupid o'clock in the morning. It is on their iPlayer now, but I'd still like to see it on TV at a reasonable time.

Kids of Degrassi Street/Degrassi Junior High/Degrassi High - class '80s kids drama. They recently did Degrassi: Next Generation which featured adults who were the kids in the original series. I'd like to see that on TV here too.

Heartbreak High - Aussie '90s teen drama - could do with a re-run as it was pretty good for an Oz drama. Never seen it on telly since.

All the original 1980s Top of the Pops in full. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:32 am

I loved St Elsewhere , Denzil Washington Ed Begley Mark Harmon
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:38 am

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:I loved St Elsewhere , Denzil Washington Ed Begley Mark Harmon

I can't believe someone else has heard of it! The show was genius, and formed the basis of many that followed. I liked the in-jokes they had in the programme and the ongoing storylines. I notice Howie Mandel (he was Dr Wayne Fiscus) is on America's Got Talent now.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:45 am

I would love to see them bring it back onto tv , haven't seen it for years .
It definatley had a lot of influence on other hospital dramas like ER
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:17 pm

TipToes88 wrote:ha i was just goin through the unfairly cancelled tv shows thread when you posted this.

Yeah would love to seen Reaper start up again, you can't just cancel Poopie on people mid season.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

Logans Run remade now with upto date special effects would be good . Would like to see StreetHawk rerun .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Would love to see Cheers re-run on telly. Loved that programme.

Also Thundercats, Around The World with Willy Fog and Mysterious Cities of Gold
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:11 pm

Thundercats new series coming to Nick jnr , suppose to be good .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:15 pm

Really??? sweeeet!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:Really??? sweeeet!

Sorry got the channel wrong its on Cartoon Network , they have changed the look of the characters but it still looks good .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:27 pm

Nice one, i'll look out for it.

Cheers KK7H
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

No problem , theres a trailer for the movie knocking about aswell
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:43 am

The Watermargin , i loved this when i was a kid ..... made no sense to me what so ever but i loved it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

Quite a few for me.

Airwolf
The Fall Guy
Streethawk(a personel favourite)
Crazy Like A Fox.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm

westisbest wrote:Quite a few for me.

Airwolf
The Fall Guy
Streethawk(a personel favourite)
Crazy Like A Fox.

I have just bought Streethawk and Automan on dvd ............. i loved them both ! Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 26 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

After seeing what they did to Knight Rider, I'm not sure I want any of my childhood favourites remade. Shocked

I quite liked Airwolf, but the scope for a merc chopper pilot is somewhat limited.

Never quite saw the point of the Fall Guy...stuntman turned bounty hunter. Okay but never really grabbed by it.

Have to say I thought Street Hawk was rubbish, even as a 10-12 year old.

I think they could do a good remake of Magnum PI, but then again it'd probably be too similar to Burn Notice.

Part of me would love to see a new series of the A Team, but another part of me worries it'd be just like the movie.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 26 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

Just had a thought.

Maybe they could remake the old Mission Impossible series. I'd also love to see a modern take on The Prisoner.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

Kingkenny

May have to buy those myself.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

I loved the theme tune to Street Hawk

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Streethawk was £17 on Amazon , Automan i had to get off ebay as its not really on dvd to buy but some guy in america is selling them for £14.75 . thumbsup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:39 pm

Cheers.

I normally get things off Play.com

Street Hawk bit more expensive at £28.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:34 pm

westisbest wrote:Cheers.

I normally get things off Play.com

Street Hawk bit more expensive at £28.

no problem Amazon was the cheapest around when i looked and was delivered within 3 days
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

Thought of another show i'd love to see again .

Crocodile Shoes .... Jimmy Naill
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

Frasier!

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubleagent73 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Prisoner Cell Block H.

Cult, campy soap drama, and brilliant after-pub entertainment.
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

http://badfilmfriday.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:20 pm

Doubleagent73 wrote:Prisoner Cell Block H.

Laugh I used to watch that , what was the theme song it used to make me want to slit my wrists .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubleagent73 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:

Laugh I used to watch that , what was the theme song it used to make me want to slit my wrists .

"He used to bring me roses..."

...and so on, as the credits roll and the camera follows one of the non-speaking female prison officers walking through corridors, locking gates behind her. Sad
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 27 Aug 2011, 8:04 pm

Doubleagent73 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:

"He used to bring me roses..."

...and so on, as the credits roll and the camera follows one of the non-speaking female prison officers walking through corridors, locking gates behind her. Sad

Laugh Laugh that was it , great call thumbsup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sat 27 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Heroes

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:44 am

Prison Break ........ i loved that show .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:23 am

Prisoner Cell Block H should stay consigned to history. Part of it's charm was it's cheap naffness with the sets and OTT acting. If they modernised it, it would be awful. They could repeat the old series though. I remember staying up until one in the morning on a school night to watch it! You can buy the best bits on a DVD boxed set anyway Smile

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoner-Cell-Block-Best-DVD/dp/B0000AV3GP/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1314516203&sr=8-12

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:16 pm

Cari wrote:Prisoner Cell Block H should stay consigned to history. Part of it's charm was it's cheap naffness with the sets and OTT acting. If they modernised it, it would be awful. They could repeat the old series though. I remember staying up until one in the morning on a school night to watch it! You can buy the best bits on a DVD boxed set anyway Smile

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoner-Cell-Block-Best-DVD/dp/B0000AV3GP/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1314516203&sr=8-12

It was a guilty pleasure , i had to have a look on youtube to listen to the theme song after reading Doubleagents post Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:22 pm

Friends would be great! to be rescreened could call it Friends:where are they now or something

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:05 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Friends would be great! to be rescreened could call it Friends:where are they now or something

There was a rumour they were going to do something like this but the cast wanted to much money per episode so it was shelved .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
TheBrahmaBull wrote:Friends would be great! to be rescreened could call it Friends:where are they now or something

There was a rumour they were going to do something like this but the cast wanted to much money per episode so it was shelved .

Just as well to IMHO. Friends was great but I think it reached its expiry date by the time they wrapped it up.

Frasier was another series I loved, but they'd have to pull off one hell of a coup to find replacements to adequately fill the shoes of Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and Jane Leeves.

Seeing mention of Prisoner Cell Block H I think it would be possible to remake Porridge - though again it'd be hard to replace the genius that was Ronnie Barker. Richard Beckinsale and Fulton Mackay were also top notch.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:01 am

CHIPS
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:00 pm

Nah - that was as naff as TJ Hooker and Cagney & Lacey.

Hill Street Blues, on the other hand...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Sad i liked all of them , never did have good taste
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubleagent73 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:26 am

Cari wrote:Prisoner Cell Block H should stay consigned to history. Part of it's charm was it's cheap naffness with the sets and OTT acting. If they modernised it, it would be awful. They could repeat the old series though. I remember staying up until one in the morning on a school night to watch it! ..

I don't think they should redo it at all, I agree the cheapness and dated-ness are a big part of the appeal. But to be fair it was also pretty groundbreaking for its time too. They kind-of did an updated version with Bad Girls, though it was unrelated to the original production.

There were a couple of 'remakes' actually. 'Dangerous Women' was an early 90s American soap (starring a very young Casper Van Dien!) which used some of the early Prisoner CBH characters and storylines, but quickly moved the action out of the prison and into a hotel (no, really) where the characters ended up working.

There was also a German remake 'Hinter Gittern - Der Frauenknast' in the late 90s.

And let's not forget that Prisoner CBH itself was inspired by 70s British TV drama, Within These Walls.

Anyway, I'm ALL FOR them re-showing the original Prisoner CBH. I wish someone would! Very Happy
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

Sopranos

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

GG wrote:Sopranos

It's being re-run now on Sky Atlantic ....... i had forgot how good the 1st season was .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:32 pm

My Mum would like to see Widows and Band of Gold re shown , looks like im going to have to buy her the dvds
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

I think they could remake Tales of the Unexpected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Unexpected_(TV_series)

They'd probably remove the naked woman from the credits now though Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next