The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye Silence?

+13
Super D Boon
milkyboy
NathanDB10
Lumbering_Jack
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
The genius of PBF
LivinginItaly
Strongback
Colonial Lion
JDandfries
OasisBFC
MickeyGoldmill
17 posters

Go down

Haye Silence? Empty Haye Silence?

Post by MickeyGoldmill Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:25 pm

It's been a month since that night in Germany, yet not a noise from Mr Haye about his intentions.
Do you think he's in turmoil nowing he can't cut the mustard against his biggest rival? Do you think he won't bother with anyone else and seek a rematch or just call it a day?

MickeyGoldmill

Back to top Go down

Haye Silence? Empty Re: Haye Silence?

Post by OasisBFC Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

he come out straight away and said the better man won many times over to many different outlets.

now he's on a break, on holiday with family.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

I don't care why he is so quiet, I am just glad he is!

maybe he has a new found sense of humility?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:10 pm

If the Klitschkos were blessed with options then I think Haye would retire rather than fight his way into contention. However there are very few viable opponents out there and the few that remain such as Povetkin or Dmitrenko dont seem at all keen to step up yet.

The fact Haye would potentially have to do so little to get a rematch or fight with Vitali may be the deciding factor and tempt him back. He would have to be willing to take a significant pay cut though.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:46 pm

I suppose he will have to think over whether a severe beating from Vitali would be worth a very modest cut of the purse.

Make no mistake Vitali has only one intention and that is ripping Haye's head off. He wouldn't be too cautious about the way he got the job done either.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

Strongback wrote:I suppose he will have to think over whether a severe beating from Vitali would be worth a very modest cut of the purse.

Make no mistake Vitali has only one intention and that is ripping Haye's head off. He wouldn't be too cautious about the way he got the job done either.

But that might actually represent Haye's best chance of beating one of the klits. If Vitali went in with the game plan of taking Haye out early he might give Haye an opening that he wouldn't otherwise be able to create.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:02 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:
Strongback wrote:I suppose he will have to think over whether a severe beating from Vitali would be worth a very modest cut of the purse.

But that might actually represent Haye's best chance of beating one of the klits. If Vitali went in with the game plan of taking Haye out early he might give Haye an opening that he wouldn't otherwise be able to create.

Given Vitalis cast iron jaw I don't see him worrying too much about Haye's power which isn't exactly one punch KO quality at heavyweight level. Vitali won't mind taking a few punches to get at Haye.

Anyway hasn't the Haye Myth been well and truly exposed at this stage?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Strongback wrote:
LivinginItaly wrote:

Given Vitalis cast iron jaw I don't see him worrying too much about Haye's power which isn't exactly one punch KO quality at heavyweight level. Vitali won't mind taking a few punches to get at Haye.

Aye the myth of Vitali having this so called iron chin...Was on the verge of being knocked out by Lennox Lewis and the look of horror everytime Sanders came within punching range.

If Vitali comes out with no respect for Haye's power, he gets knocked out.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Fri 05 Aug 2011, 7:23 pm

It depends which Haye myth you are referring to.

If you mean the myth of being quick enough to create an opportunity to get inside and tag one of the klits, then yes the myth has been exposed.

We know he doesn't have superior skills to the Klits

As to whether he has rhe power to trouble the klits we still are none the wiser.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 05 Aug 2011, 7:56 pm

I wouldn't say it was a myth, at all. Haye is a quality fighter, one of the best cruiserweights there has been, and a decent heavyweight. I'd back him against Wlad and Vitali if they were of a similar stature, as I feel his all round skills are better, however his skills just weren't up to the task of getting inside a 6ft 7 giant with decent speed and fundamentals. No shame in losing to Wladimir, he is very very effective, and that defeat by no means makes Haye a poor fighter or some kind of fraud.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Strongback wrote:
LivinginItaly wrote:

Aye the myth of Vitali having this so called iron chin...Was on the verge of being knocked out by Lennox Lewis and the look of horror everytime Sanders came within punching range.

If Vitali comes out with no respect for Haye's power, he gets knocked out.

dont think you can really question vitalis chin, the shots he took from lennox would put almost any heavyweight on the floor- and he was still standing. have to say at no point did he look on the verge of concsciousness.....

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:11 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I wouldn't say it was a myth, at all. Haye is a quality fighter, one of the best cruiserweights there has been, and a decent heavyweight. I'd back him against Wlad and Vitali if they were of a similar stature, as I feel his all round skills are better, however his skills just weren't up to the task of getting inside a 6ft 7 giant with decent speed and fundamentals. No shame in losing to Wladimir, he is very very effective, and that defeat by no means makes Haye a poor fighter or some kind of fraud.

Haye created a mythical fighter of the metaphysical variety that his physical body was unable to deliver.

I thought it has been well and truly accepted, following Hamburg, that the Haye hype bubble has been well and truly burst.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

Strongback wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:I wouldn't say it was a myth, at all. Haye is a quality fighter, one of the best cruiserweights there has been, and a decent heavyweight. I'd back him against Wlad and Vitali if they were of a similar stature, as I feel his all round skills are better, however his skills just weren't up to the task of getting inside a 6ft 7 giant with decent speed and fundamentals. No shame in losing to Wladimir, he is very very effective, and that defeat by no means makes Haye a poor fighter or some kind of fraud.

Haye created a mythical fighter of the metaphysical variety that his physical body was unable to deliver.

I thought it has been well and truly accepted, following Hamburg, that the Haye hype bubble has been well and truly burst.

We all know you cant be rational when it comes to Haye. You have a pathalogical hatred of him, for reasons unknown.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

After watching the fight several times, I don't see how Haye can beat WK or VK, his style just isn't suited to it. Based on all thre hype before the fight, we (or myself at least) were lead to believe that Haye would be really fast and direct and essentially adopt something akin to Tyson's style of bobbing under the jab and unloading punches quickly in order to overwhelm Klitschko.

Instead, all we got was the usual pot-shot tactics which while effective against the likes of Harrison and Valuev, was never going to be frequent enough to knock WK out of his stride. The only question in my mind therefore, is whether Haye can change his style/approach sufficiently to bridge this gap. I don't think he can, he just doesn't throw enough, and I think his power is a bit overrated at HW anyway, so he is going to have to land a series of punches to put WK down, and probably detonate a nuke to dent VK.

If I were him, I'd take on someone like Chambers or Igbragimov, just to get a win and reclalim some credibility, then see where he stands, but I'm not sure anything he does will beat a Klitschko.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:42 pm

prior to the fight with wlad, i gave haye a slim chance against wlad and none against vitali... based on vitali's chin.

As the fight panned out, wlad was wary of haye, and although we are all ridiculing haye, wlad did very little in the fight himself, just enough really to edge the rounds. A fight with Vitali would be a very different fight imo. VK is stronger and tougher than his brother but not as good a boxer, haye will hit him easier... unfortunately i doubt it will do him any good.... but be under more pressure. Personally i'd have some interest in it for that reason. I say some interest, not a lot!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:21 pm

In fairness Haye did say he would take three weeks off before making a decision. Three weeks and more have passed and yet not a sound.

I reckon he won't fight on but will leave it until his 31st birthday to make the decision.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:32 pm

100% agree fists , i think hes waiting for the dust to settle and the over reaction to his defeat to go away , ive watched the fight again and again and haye was ent that bad , his head movement was good and made wlad miss more than his ever mised before ! the problem was he could not get his attacks off [ to toe could have been a factor in this ] wlad was so quick to back up and haye just couldent close the distance , if he gets a rematch he will have to find a way to do this , if he does nt belive he can then a rematch is pointless , i hope he goes for a warm up fight first , then shuts his mouth, stays off chat shows and concentrates on training for a rematch .

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

Haye was poor that night but in truth Wlad was only marginally better, scoring it using the 10 point must system and it's a near shut out victory but when you look at the fight as a whole it was more like a close but comfortable 116-112 victory.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 5:01 pm

Really? I'm going to have to disagree, I thought Wlad was totally dominant barring about 2 rounds, so even taking the fight as a whole, it's a near shut out for me.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 06 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Haye was poor that night but in truth Wlad was only marginally better, scoring it using the 10 point must system and it's a near shut out victory but when you look at the fight as a whole it was more like a close but comfortable 116-112 victory.

Yeah I'm with you there Ghosty. Not a lot happened in a lot of the rounds, and Wlad basically won that fight on workrate, nothing else. Neither man was hurt at any point, and there wasn't much difference in the amount of clean shots landed, but on the 10 point must system Wlad clearly wins due to the greater number of punches (almost exclusively jabs) landed.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:34 am

licence_007 wrote:Really? I'm going to have to disagree, I thought Wlad was totally dominant barring about 2 rounds, so even taking the fight as a whole, it's a near shut out for me.

He was dominant in terms of rounds won but he wasn't really dominant in the rounds himself, hard not to score them to him but he wasn't particularly impressive doing it, connecting with the jab will win you rounds when the other guy isn't connecting but you need to follow it up with hard fancy power shots as well which he didn't. Typical Wlad really, jab jab jab and then jab some more.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:33 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
licence_007 wrote:Really? I'm going to have to disagree, I thought Wlad was totally dominant barring about 2 rounds, so even taking the fight as a whole, it's a near shut out for me.

He was dominant in terms of rounds won but he wasn't really dominant in the rounds himself, hard not to score them to him but he wasn't particularly impressive doing it, connecting with the jab will win you rounds when the other guy isn't connecting but you need to follow it up with hard fancy power shots as well which he didn't. Typical Wlad really, jab jab jab and then jab some more.

Gosh you're an old scrote Ghosty! Lighten up will ya!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

I'm taking an objective view on the fight, Wlad in what has been described as one of his better performances was still very poor, you simply can't beat higher calibre of fighters than Haye only having one semi decent punch.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I'm taking an objective view on the fight, Wlad in what has been described as one of his better performances was still very poor, you simply can't beat higher calibre of fighters than Haye only having one semi decent punch.

Trouble is though Ghosty that's all Wlad needed to do. With Haye being so ineffective at getting inside and unloading (because of his toe Wink ) he could just jab away over and over. I actually thought it was a good fight and thought Haye wasn't as poor as people make out, he just wasn't good enough. Nothing in what I've seen of Haye makes me believe he should have fought better than he did. He should have fought more often, could easily have squeezed in two more WBA contenders before taking on Wlad. He learned that his pot shotting style just doesn't work against a very good big guy. Should have honed his craft more before going in with Wlad. I guess he's a good lesson to learn for upcoming fighters to be busier rather than sit in his mansion slagging off the champs. Should have got in the ring more.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:59 pm

Thats the thing a better fighter steps it up and finishes the job which is what Wlad should have done, it's a fairly effective way of fighting against guys who wont throw back but does little to help his reputation.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Thats the thing a better fighter steps it up and finishes the job which is what Wlad should have done, it's a fairly effective way of fighting against guys who wont throw back but does little to help his reputation.

Wlad is now risk averse though through bad KOs. Agree his reputation would have been massively improved if he could have ended it in style but there lies the problem because his fan base is in Germany primarily and they don't seem to give a hoot how he wins, whether he wins or not (dubious refereeing or judging) as long as he wins. Can't help think though that Haye needed to be better to push Wlad out of his comfort zone and because he wasn't Wlad could stay there all through the fight, something you can't really he blame him for after he's been unceremoniously spanked in the past.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:12 pm

Still doesn't take away from what was an atrocious performance, if you have an opponent who's power your wary of it's the worst thing to do just stroll through the fight, he got tagged once in the 12th round and looked light a rabbit in the headlights.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:19 pm

I think you are being a tad harsh on Wlad for this fight. About 85% of the time he finishes the job. I would liken this particular fight to something like the Lennox Lewis v David Tua fight. Safety first all the way but probably the smart move. No point risking being knocked out when you are in control of a fight. It was a boring fight but I wouldnt go as far as saying Wlads performance was atrocious.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:21 pm

I was waiting for someone to bring up the Tua fight which is in no way comparable, Lewis landed big shots consistently through the 12 rounds and followed his jabs up with power shots rather than just another jab.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:25 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I was waiting for someone to bring up the Tua fight which is in no way comparable, Lewis landed big shots consistently through the 12 rounds and followed his jabs up with power shots rather than just another jab.

Im talking about the all round approach to the fight. Which was generally a cautious one from Lewis. And also with reference to Wlads other fights where he usually does get his man out of there. I would describe Wlads performance as typically boring but I think its harsh to say it was atrocious givin it was largely a comfortable win where he rarely put himself in danger.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:32 pm

In Lewis' case it's more understandable to fight cautiously against Tua than it is against Haye, a fighter with genuinely devastating power at the weight with an iron chin compared to a fighter with decent power and questionnable chin, the situations aren't comparable for me.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:43 pm

You have to consider Wlads own chin is quite weak though, so there is greater emphasis to protect it. Even someone like Haye who is not on Tuas level ofpower, is most likely capable of knocking Wlad out. So he needs to be more cautious in general.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:46 pm

Lewis had question marks over his chin as well after the McCall fight which was also years before, personally think Wlad gets far too easy a ride for fighting in a way not befitting of someone on his supposed level.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 07 Aug 2011, 5:25 pm

Have to agree with Colonial. To say a performance was "atrocious" when the man won the fight conclusively is a bit miserable really. Crying or Very sad

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

Genuinely great heavyweights don't perform like that over someone they are dominating.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun 07 Aug 2011, 6:43 pm

I dont think Wlad is a genuinely great heavyweight though. He fights a certain a way to protect a distinct vulnerabilty. I think its going too far to say it was atrocious.

Either you think he is a great, in which case performance was not befitting of an all time great.

Otherwise if you rate him as just decent then the performance was reasonably efficient, if not enthralling.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 07 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

TBH I don't think either K brother is a great. I think they share greatness, inasmuch as a unit they are great (albeit in a weak era) but due to their power sharing arrangement neither K bro can individually be regarded as great.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 07 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

Ehy does he have to come out and tell everyone what he's doing, it's his choice... I wouldn't read too much into it, he will come out and say whatever whenever he wants, he's his own man.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down