The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Well Well Mr Haye

+22
hogey
bhb001
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
owen10ozzy
J.Benson II
Steffan
eddyfightfan
Waingro
School Project
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
Colonial Lion
quentins_monkey
coxy0001
joeyjojo618
Michaels, Sean
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
Fists of Fury
Seanusarrilius
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well Well Well Mr Haye Empty Well Well Well Mr Haye

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 am

Looks like it's going to be Haye v Klit part 2

Discuss

http://www.boxingscene.com/haye-ill-smash-vitalis-jaw-his-fight-put-me-sleep--43765

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Well Well Well Mr Haye Empty Re: Well Well Well Mr Haye

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 am

He's a brave man if he steps in with Vitali!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 am

Haye has to be the least self aware boxer in the world. How in the name of all that is holy can the man who has served up Valeuv, Harrison and Wlad moan that another fighter is boring, they are three of the more turgid heavyweight fights in recent memory and in all three instances Haye has to shoulder a lot of the blame.

If there was a point Haye was interesting, amusing or any such thing it has long since passed. If he does indeed get this totally undeserved shot I dearly hope Vitali knocks him into permanent retirement.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:33 am

Haye smells a little whiff of fight and jumps all over it.

Surely Vitali wont stand for this.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:33 am

He will get pulverised. Doesn't have the heart of a boxer anymore.

The Haye that fought Fragomeni is a diffierent fighter to the one who fought Wladimir. He has too much money these days. Hunger gone.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 am

Im surprised Haye wants anything to do with Vitali, very strange. I wouldnt even give him a punchers chance. He must have enough money and then some to retire permanently, so I dont see why he is considering getting leathered.

Also, whats the last interesting fight Haye has been involved in?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:37 am

If he gets in the ring with Vitali he's certainly got some balls.

Throws

jab jab jab jab jab big right hand

As opposed to Wlads

jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab waft of a right

Wanting Haye to win wouldn't stop me putting a vast sum of money on Vitali inside 12, only thing that'd put me of is silly short odds... which is more than likely to be honest.

Sadly a combination of Vitali knowing he's a draw (in comparison to Chambers, Povetkin etc who probably wouldn't fight him anyway). That and Vitali really wants to cave Haye's face in.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 am

Particularly like the bit where he said he can "hit harder than the two brothers put together"... laughing

As much as I used to like Haye the only reason I'd be tuning in would be to see VK hopefully succeed in humbling Haye by giving him a thorough beating.

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:40 am

Can't wait for the 'IF HAYE BEATS VITAL, THEN UNIFIES AGAINST WLAD, WHERE WILL HE RANK IN ALL TIME UK HEAVIES?' thread.............
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 am

Embarrassing is all I can say really. All the more so for having seen and heard it all before.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:42 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Can't wait for the 'IF HAYE BEATS VITAL, THEN UNIFIES AGAINST WLAD, WHERE WILL HE RANK IN ALL TIME UK HEAVIES?' thread.............

Preceeded by the "sweepstake - how many days does Haye have to eat through a straw for before his jaw heals" thread i'll be writing

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:43 am

Colonial Lion wrote:Embarrassing is all I can say really. All the more so for having seen and heard it all before.

The amazing thing is Haye believes people will still buy into all this, heard it ad nauseum before Wlad with absolutely no evidence of it happening once he stepped in the ring, but expects everyone to shell out to watch him fail to deliver on his promises (by some chalk I should add) yet again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 am

Hope it doesn't happen but if it does I'll certainly be getting on the bandwagon again and hoping for the shock win!!

I'm deluded, I know.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 am

Haye out to conn public 1 more time. He is a disgrace to boxing imo, him and Khan. With Khan it is making as much money without taking any risks and proving himself, and before anyone mentions Maidana Khan was forced to fight him because he ducked the guy after winning his rubbish belt.

Haye is out to conn and will not fight Vitali if he gets the chance but rather he will try to hit and run and just make it threw to the final bell. I hope Vitali ko's Haye forcing him to retire.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Hope it doesn't happen but if it does I'll certainly be getting on the bandwagon again and hoping for the shock win!!

I'm deluded, I know.

Which one of your split personalities is deluded though? The Haye bandwagon humping one or the post deleting one!? Wink

To be fair, i'd probably watch it only so i don't have to wait to wake up to check my bet of Vitali inside 12 has come in.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 am

Im not so optimistic that a potential fight between the two would be much more than a repeat of the first Haye/Klitschko fight. I dont see Haye turning up to win this fight. Its clear now that with one eye on retirement this is no more than a cheap attempt to inflate his retirement pension and put him back onto the tv for another 15 minutes on various chatshows and reality tv.

The Klitschkos are not natural finishers and Haye remains the most mobile heavyweight in the division so assuming Haye just adopts his hide and seek tactics I see another boring 12 rounder with Haye tring to claim some moral victory for going the distance despite never being in the fight.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 am

It is rare I actively want a British fighter to lose but genuinely think I will be cheering Vitali on in this one, Haye has just really worn on me of late, think he is taking people for a ride. He knows he has not got a cat in hells chance but seems willing to wring a few more quid out of the fans before riding off into the sunset, can only hope he does so with Vitali's fist rammed down his gob.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:51 am

..I stated before the last fight that the biggest worry was if Haye took the money and ran....

Problem is I think Vlad' was quicker than expected, probably bigger than expected.... and If he goes in with Vitali with the expectation of trying.. once he sets himself up and sees what he's against he might go into self preservation mode again..and take the money

Good news is he's obviously embarrassed deep down about Vlad or he'd have retired!!

So he'll go in trying but probably will realise it's futile..and survive.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 am

Suspect you're right Truss, which would not be so bad if he did not talk it up so much, as you know I never fancied him to beat Wlad but his words before hand did seem to give us a legitimate expectancy that he would go out on his shield in real blaze of glory stuff, when he went down as timidly as all the Peter's and Chambers he had ridiculed you can understand why a lot of people are turning against him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 am

In fairness I had Haye early or Vlad late....

Closer to the fight I thought Vlad had won the mind games and it nagged me..the survival stuff.

But you called it....

I suspect his mental baggage with Vlad will affect him this time which is another negative..

Vitali is 40 but he's never traded on speed has he!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Hope it doesn't happen but if it does I'll certainly be getting on the bandwagon again and hoping for the shock win!!

I'm deluded, I know.

What's sad is I'll be telling everyone the same.

"Haye is too clever! This is the most meaningful fight in Heavyweight! We need to watch this fight! Haye has the drop on Vitali!"

How embarrassed I was infront of all of my friends when they looked at me at the end of the fight and said "We believed you..." - It's the reason I have no friends now.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:05 am

I hope this fight happens I would still be up for Haye. Got to be honest I cant see him winning it but Haye is British and we should support him if he has another go just like we did with Hatton when he fought Pacquiao.

Haye should get Lennox Lewis in his corner and use his experience who knows more than Lewis about beating Klitchko? Seems like alot of people dont like Haye now but whats the point of fighting if he isnt going to say e can win all boxers do it??

I think Haye should have a fight in between though to keep hm in shape if this fight goes ahead it might ot be for a while and Haye could be rusty but I if he does this and learns from his last fight and listens to advice from Lewis then he will have a much better chance this time around.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 am

Lewis in his corner Doh

Could you imagine it...."I was nearly forty when I beat this guy why are you so crud"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 am

Haye said he went to meet with Lewis and Lewis was giving him tips on how to beat Klitchko and said he could do it with the right gameplan. I think Lewis should help train him because he knows Klitchkos weaknesses and beat him before Booths plan did not work last time so they need something new.

Also it would be a great mind game for Haye to have Lewis in his corner as the man who beat Klitchko this could get inside Klitchkos head and make him doubtful because he knows that Lewis bat him before and knows how to beat him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 am

If Lewis is not available Haye could see if Chris Byrd is free.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 am

Maybe Vitali is like Jason out of the 2nd Friday 13th movie....When he's attacking the chick at the end she pretends to be his Mum and makes him sit down while she lamps him with an axe!!

"Vitali this your Mother put your hands by your sides" whack!!

Worth a go!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 am

Has about as much chance as his current plan or backing off and throwing the occasional hail mary shot truss

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:18 am

haha Lewis has told Haye how to win. I can tell Haye how to win too

Haye, morph into prime Lewis body then fight them

Job done

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:18 am

If I were Lewis I would disassociate myself completely from a fraudster like Haye and enjoy my retirement rather than lend my support to a lost cause.

Lewis gave Haye ample backing in the last fight and was left red faced by Hayes performance and excuses after. I cant see why he would be eager to repeat the process and Haye has almost none of the attributes that Lewis had at his disposal so any advice he would have to offer would be wasted on Haye.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:19 am

Don't know where he'll get a pullover and wig between rounds either...

Forget that one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 am

i'd been interested in this fight, haye would get hunted down by vitali, so he would be forced to engage, and give it ago, he wouldnt be allowed to run all night.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:28 am

I think people are being harsh on Haye he deserves credit for wanting another shot I think most fighters would give up after losing a fight like that but Hae is looking for another chance against the best in the division so why not get behind him??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:29 am

Problem is history just isn't on his side...Hard enough for a guy who lost a pretty close fight to turn the tables second time around with all the negative stuff in his head..

For a guy who got slapped by shutout it's almost unheard of..

He can talk the talk but when the bell rings and he's fighting basically the same guy and fight....... is he skillful enough or hard enough to do anything different!!!

The greats have but Haye I doubt it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 am

Think more people would be behind him if he had actually done something in between facing both brothers to suggest the result in the latter fight would be different to that in the first fight, such as take on a couple of contenders to attempt to iron out the glaring flaws he showed in the Wlad fight.

Alas Haye will do none of this, he will display his usual amount of bluster, disrespect and downright BS in a hope enough people will fall for it enough to shell out another few million for his retirement fund, can also fairly safely assume when he receives the beating he surely will he will display his usual lack of dignity and class in defeat

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:33 am

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move
(You said it, we've got the groove)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:37 am

Colonial Lion wrote:Im not so optimistic that a potential fight between the two would be much more than a repeat of the first Haye/Klitschko fight. I dont see Haye turning up to win this fight. Its clear now that with one eye on retirement this is no more than a cheap attempt to inflate his retirement pension and put him back onto the tv for another 15 minutes on various chatshows and reality tv.

My thoughts exactly. I think if Haye was serious about his legacy or beating a Klitschko than he'd do things the proper way; keep his head down, get a top trainer, iron out the flaws and fight a few contenders to show he's improved.
Instead, by wanting to immediately jump in the ring with Vitali, its obvious to me that he's just looking for one last paycheque...fully aware that gulliable folk will yet again buy into his talk and hype.
I doubt he even has any confidence of winning, but as long as he lasts the full distance with Vitali, he'll probably be pleased with himself and will retire having accomplished his aim (to make as much $$$$ as possible).

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 am

The only problem with the full distance thing is Vitali will want to better his brothers performance and he's more aggressive and durable......

If he thinks Haye is trying to survive he'll more than likely take more risks than Vlad...

Me I'll go for a retirement on his stool ending..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 am

I really have a dislike for Haye given his performance against Wlad. He did nothing he said he would & as has been mentioned looked like he wanted nothing to do with him when he realised Wladamir wasn't as slow as he thought! However i wouldnt go as far as to say he was humiliated or embarassed by him...more so by himself and his own performance.

He needs to learn how to put punches together again...like he did in his cruiserweights days. He of course will never be a 5-6-7 punch combo guy but he doesnt even string 3 together at heavyweight..I think for fear of being rendered unconcious! The one thing he should take from his last fight is that he can take a shot from a genuine heavyweight!

However I wont be paying too much attention to the build up or fight itself given what can be expected and the way he will no doubt behave....

But in saying that I do actually think he has a more legitimate chance in this one than against Wlad..especially if its in the UK. I wasnt impressed with Vitali in his last fight. I thought he looked alot slower and more cumbersome in his movements & when throwing. He also seemed hesitant to really sit down on his punches are fully rotate the arm. Whilst he maintains it was his ankle that twisted when falling in the 8th you can watch and see that it was more a case of his knee giving way. For me there were alot of signs that pointed to age & injuries finally catching up to Vitali...and in 6 months time I only expect it to have got worse.

If ever there was a time to take on Vitali then Haye may just catch the train before it departs...

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 am

I would have to disagee with the retirement on the stool outcome. For me this would only happen if Haye was absorbing sustained punsihment over many rounds. I think its a case if Vitali does have success wlaking him down then he finds the KO/TKO and if he doesnt he just wins in similar fashion to Wlad but perhaps displays more intent.

The Klitschkos are not really seach and destroy kind of fighters. They arent natural finishers. They win by wearing their opponent down and damage accumulation in general. If Haye opts to simply run around the ring and try to avoid damage then I think he can get away with it against someone like Vitali who likes to control the fight and force his opponent to come to him picking him off at range.

It took the tenth round for him to take out Admek for instance, who to be fair displayed alot of heart and durability, but it highlights that if it takes 10 rounds to finish Adamek who was probably done after 4 rounds and who Vitali was landing rather freely on then its going to be much more difficult to take Haye out if Haye decides to run all night.

Theres the temptation to say Vitali will go all out for the knockout but I think hes to smart and methodical overall to adopt a gng ho appraoch, at least while the fight is in the balance. Perhaps at the end he might display a nw gear and really go all out but my feeling is that he needs fighters to be willing to come to him to do this or else be out on there feet. With Hayes movement and non enagement he will find it tricky to get the stoppage although no problems winning the rounds.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:01 am

I think Vitali will be more aggressive than usual colonel........

1. Dislike genuinely so for Haye.

2. He will want to better his brother's performance.

3. Probably find out early that Haye can't hurt him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 am

Not really going out on a limb here but I cant' see Haye beating Vitali. He doesn't have the power to stop him, he doesn't hav e the chin to trade with him or get inside and rough him up and he certainly can't win the fight at range.

Just one last pay day before he retires. Not PPV worthy imo either we all know the outcome.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:13 am

Haye would have to go at him Corrie Sanders and be prepared to leave the ring on his shield to stand a chance. Hopefully he will have learned from the Wlad fight and not try and pot shot his way to another UD loss

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:14 am

I think if that happens and we do see a more aggressive dimension to Vitali then the chances are he will get the stoppage himself without Haye retiring. I dont think Haye has the durability to absorb the kind of sustained punishment the Klitschkos dish out when they are landing regularly.

However I still think Vitali will be his usual measured self early on and if he finds himself comfortably winning he may up the pressure in the mid to late rounds which is generally what we see with him. I think Vitali is a fighter who genuinely enjoys being in the ring and boxing and as such he likes drawing out fights that he is controlling before closing the show at the end. On occasions where the fight ends early he seems visibly disappointed, like he has been denied his fun. He may enjoy bullying Haye around the ring for a while before looking to close the show late.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:24 am

He let Adamek go about 6 more rounds than he could have. It may have been because of the Solis fight though because before Adamek he had only boxed one round this year.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:27 am

I'm thinking he retires before he gets a sustained beating..

a la Benn-Collins.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:56 am

If the fight does go ahead then it's only a payday he's after, not sure i will contribute after his performance against Wlad. Same situation with Vitali but at least he will go out to win the fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

Ouch ! Painful reading that one, no apology for the non performance or smutty and outlandish remarks ! I think Haye's had his day in the sun and I certainly wouldn't be paying to watch this one.

I often thought Audley Harrison produced the most ridiculous comments, I now pass that to Haye, was he drunk when he produced that interview?

Hopefully it's the year of the big mouths getting demolished and that trend continues this Saturday.

Crawl back under your stone David, youre not pleasant to hear or read about these days.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:17 am

Sorry, I can't see this fight happening. Haye has gone to the same school as Harrison when it comes to rating his own performances

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:38 am

I cant see what people are complaining about Vitali vs Haye is about the best fight out there, i am not saying that its fair Haye gets another shot but lets be honest the division is so poor that like him or not Haye is probably the 3rd best heavyweight in the world and a fight involving him will generate far more interest than any of the other plodders. Although i dont give him much of a chance he at least possess the power and speed to hurt anyone which may make it interesting for a while.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:44 am

Does the whole thing have a slight Bruno v Tyson 2 feel about it. Nearly everyone thinking dont do it but a mixture of pride, have a go heroism and slight patriotism makes you think give it a go. It seems obvious Haye will be beat & beat soundly but for some hoplessly optimistic reason i'll still probably watch, like watching the lotto with ticket in hand & throwing it at the screen when you dont have a number!

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next