The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Well Well Mr Haye

+22
hogey
bhb001
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
owen10ozzy
J.Benson II
Steffan
eddyfightfan
Waingro
School Project
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
Colonial Lion
quentins_monkey
coxy0001
joeyjojo618
Michaels, Sean
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
Fists of Fury
Seanusarrilius
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Well Well Well Mr Haye - Page 2 Empty Well Well Well Mr Haye

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looks like it's going to be Haye v Klit part 2

Discuss

http://www.boxingscene.com/haye-ill-smash-vitalis-jaw-his-fight-put-me-sleep--43765

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Well Well Well Mr Haye - Page 2 Empty Re: Well Well Well Mr Haye

Post by Rodney Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

hogey wrote:I cant see what people are complaining about Vitali vs Haye is about the best fight out there, i am not saying that its fair Haye gets another shot but lets be honest the division is so poor that like him or not Haye is probably the 3rd best heavyweight in the world and a fight involving him will generate far more interest than any of the other plodders. Although i dont give him much of a chance he at least possess the power and speed to hurt anyone which may make it interesting for a while.

Is he really though Hogey, let's face it his performance at HW have been tepid to say the least, and the annoying thing is you're going to see a chap who possibly put together the most negative showing in a big fight get another bumper cheque because basically of his mouth. I think Haye would be in for an almighty shock when he realises he'll struggle to convince any of us to buy this fight, he maybe best plumping for the line of "watch Vitali smash my face in" rather than the nonsical bravado demonstrated recently.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move
(You said it, we've got the groove)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

While being as disapointed as the next man over the Haye vs Wlad fight, I have not seen anyone do any better than he did against either Brother for many a year. Haye could not really do much against Wladimir's negative take no chances but effective style he only had a chance if they engaged and it didnt happen in 12 rounds. Vitali will be different and possibly quite exciting fight while it lasts can only see one winner though. The real issue is Haye may get his chance because there is no body else who would create even a ripple of excitement as a challenger for the title. In a better era Haye would not even be in the top 10 and i doubt Wlad would be holding any major belts, but it is not a better era so we have to accept even Haye getting another shot if theres nothing better on offer for Vitali.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

im sick of this haye bashing.
it wasnt too long ago before you said he was a coward and would never step foot in a ring with a k-bro.

he always wanted to fight Wlad, and did so. now he's calling out the 'tougher' brother, and guess what? he's getting bashed for it.

theres no denying he isnt afraid of either brother. he was soundly beaten 1st time round and regardless of what anyone says, he openly admitted he was beaten by the better man. i say far play, go for it david.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

hogey wrote:While being as disapointed as the next man over the Haye vs Wlad fight, I have not seen anyone do any better than he did against either Brother for many a year. Haye could not really do much against Wladimir's negative take no chances but effective style he only had a chance if they engaged and it didnt happen in 12 rounds. .

To be honest mate of the two I felt Haye was the more negative and at the risk of stating the obvious Wlad was winning the rounds, is not for him to change anything in there, Haye has to make the changes to win. Also did Wlad do anything that should have come as a shock to Haye who has told us repeatedly for years that he has the key to beating Wlad, yet when Wlad goes in and basically does as he does in every fight Haye looks absolutely bewildered.

Have to also ask whilst you have not seen many do any better than Haye which is probably true, but it is also true few have done any worse, with this in mind would we all be signing on the bottom line for this fight if it was a Peter or Chambers basically trying to talk his way into an automatic fight with the other brother, my suspiscion is we would treat any attempts from them to walk straight into another lucrative but doomed to fail shot with absolute ridicule and contempt, should not be any different for Haye solely because we share the same nationality as him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:36 pm

i think he has the tools, just not the heart.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

Haye was quite negative as well, but i think he was forced into fighting like that by a Wlad's tactics when a bloke 6ft 8" who outweighs you by 3 stone stays behind his jab and lays on you whenever your in close theres not much more he can do. Vitali will come to fight and Haye may get the chance to land some big shots which could make for a decent scrap. Funny thing is Wlad is so safety first i always thought he would deal with Haye easier due to his fear of his weak chin being exposed, where as Vitali who is the better fighter of brother but could be caught by a Hayemaker and possibly hurt, who knows.
As regards the other challengers i have seen any of them that have even been remotely competetive, while Haye was just the poorer of 2 boxers stinking the ring out and never looked in any trouble at all.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

hogey wrote:Haye was quite negative as well, but i think he was forced into fighting like that by a Wlad's tactics when a bloke 6ft 8" who outweighs you by 3 stone stays behind his jab and lays on you whenever your in close theres not much more he can do. Vitali will come to fight and Haye may get the chance to land some big shots which could make for a decent scrap. Funny thing is Wlad is so safety first i always thought he would deal with Haye easier due to his fear of his weak chin being exposed, where as Vitali who is the better fighter of brother but could be caught by a Hayemaker and possibly hurt, who knows.
As regards the other challengers i have seen any of them that have even been remotely competetive, while Haye was just the poorer of 2 boxers stinking the ring out and never looked in any trouble at all.

Like Rowley said Wlad was winning the rounds it was up to Haye to change things. Wlad did what he does every time. Haye was quite happy to lose and not get knocked out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:13 pm

Agree with all of that to a point and Wlad was a worthy winner, i dont think Haye could have changed it though he did not have the tools to change things in the fight his whole plan was based around moving away and hoping to land a massive shot that would win him the fight and Wlad's plan was not to give Haye the chance to land while dominating with the jab. Styles make fights and Wlad is Haye worst nightmare, Vitali is a different kettle of fish and it could be a great fight for a few rounds.
Still my point still stands Haye will get a chance because Vitali's other options are all even worse fighters than Haye and they bring no excitement or interest to wider audience.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:13 am

I always said the chances are he would be better off fighting Vitali, however he has more of a chance of beating Wlad. That may not make much sense, but I think he would always look better facing Vitali whereas Wlad would either beat him soundly or his weak chin would be exposed. Though to be fair I was on the hype train of "Haye will land a big right, it's destiny."
Although I can't see Haye winning I'll be buying and cheering Haye on. Let's face it there isn't really anyone else for Vitali to fight, this whole does he deserve a chance part, well really who cares? It's Vitali's call at the end of the day, Haye can make as much noise as he wants but it doesn't make the fight unless Vitali says yes and Haye is within his right to at the very least ask for it because he's a top 10 ranked Heavy and a former Champion at the weight and Vitali's well within his right to face a top 10 ranked HW because it's a financially astute option in comparison to most others. I'd be far more annoyed personally if he had chosen to face someone like Fury who him and his brother was being linked to because I feel them type of fighters have even less of a chance.
To be fair to Haye it's a bit unfair saying he has absolutely no chance because he lost to Wlad it automatically means he loses to a fighter that is a bit similar, because there's is an okay chance that Haye decides to mix it up and fight in a different way against Vitali realising if he does the same thing again he has even less of a chance.
David taking the money and running, he has no heart, he has no desire for boxing? I think is all rubbish in my opinion, you don't stick something out for 20 years putting yourself through training and fighting just for the money, he does it because he likes boxing. The fact he was clearly embarrassed tells me that he cares, he was obviously ashamed. He didn't know how to act originally in defeat and in a moment of weakness he blamed the one thing he could, the fact he was 100% fit with a broken toe, big deal. Everyone is so moral in Britain at times and are so good at telling everyone how to act but in reality most people don't act in the correct way in most situations but criticise others when they don't is just ridiculous.
Yes Haye makes mistakes but coming out and wanting another go is nothing to bash him for even if you feel he doesn't deserve it. Fair play to him for giving it another go even if part of it is for money but he clearly wants to win!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:19 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Hope it doesn't happen but if it does I'll certainly be getting on the bandwagon again and hoping for the shock win!!

I'm deluded, I know.
im with ya on that one

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

Same I'll be cheering him on, would love for him to spark the robots out and will give him a chance that will get bigger and bigger the closer the fight goes on, pointing out how Vitali leaves himself open and Haye is a great counterpuncher and what not.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:31 am

whats with the massive negative on haye ? he lost against wlad so what , he still did alot better that wlad previous opponents , and he was nt as bad as the press made out it was him shouting his mouth off before which mad the loss look worse ,

he still has great skill and made wlad miss so much but just could not get his attacks going any where near wlads chin ,

he has the speed and power to trouble vitali and is still the klits biggest threat

lets get behind him i say !

one loss doesent make him a bad boxer !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:42 am

I don't think many people think he's a bad boxer rycoys, but people seem to view him as a bit of a joke now. Purely because of all the negative comments about the Klits, the fact he has to be fair been a slight hypocrite in the fact that he says the Klits are boring but his fights haven't been to special really. Some also view the fact that he hasn't made any clear adjustments or re earned his shot for another title by fighting ranked Heavies. Also the fact he claimed most of the Heavyweights around him are poo but he did not fair that much better when he faced Wlad.
They are legitimate reasons for not liking Haye to be fair... But to be honest for me it's the only fight I would like to see bar perhaps seeing how Povetkin fares (Though looks as though he is gonna sit that one out for now) and the Klits facing each other (Which looks unlikely) so to be honest for me there is no other Heavyweight fight that really garners major interest...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2