The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

+30
Sugar Floyd Louis
NathanDB10
bhb001
ONETWOFOREVER
Dass
Michaels, Sean
The Pugilist
Il Gialloblu
joeyjojo618
The Galveston Giant
TopHat24/7
BALTIMORA
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Steffan
licence_007
zx1234
alanqlm
Lumbering_Jack
Mr Bounce
J.Benson II
Super D Boon
coxy0001
Rowley
HumanWindmill
88Chris05
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
Fists of Fury
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? Empty Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

In light of the ongoing riots, let's say you are a shop owner for the day. The angry mob has moved on to your street, and are heading straight for your shop. You (somehow) have the ability to summon two boxer, past or present, to your aid in order to fight off these hooligans.

Which two boxers would you choose?

My two picks would be Roberto Duran and Julio Cesar Chavez, between them I think they would form a lethal streetfighting combo, and I'd feel sorry for the looters should one of them get caught by Duran in a phone box..

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? Empty Re: Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:32 am

Would have to pick Tyson and Dempsey, there would be a lot of broken carnage on the floor unleashing that pair.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? Empty Re: Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:33 am

mike tyson twice

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:35 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Would have to pick Tyson and Dempsey, there would be a lot of broken carnage on the floor unleashing that pair.

Great picks!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

You could go the George Foreman way, first he tries to preach and cool the situation but if that doesn't work he'll knock you the **** out.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

John L Sullivan and Jem Mace.

Or they were busy, Audley Harrison and Jonny Nelson.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

Edwin Valero? Or would he join in with them?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:40 am

You're underestimating Lennox Lewis, he was about to rip Tyson's head off at the press conference.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:42 am

Shavers and Foreman. They've got a lot of rioters to knock out, so probably best to get a couple of guys who could do it with one punch to save time and energy! Besides, talk about two big, bad dudes...
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:44 am

i dont think too many people would go up and start a fight with the klitchsho brothers....

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:53 am

Jim Watt and Duke McKenzie, for me.

Even rioters have their breaking points, I suspect.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:54 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Edwin Valero? Or would he join in with them?

Valero and Mayorga, now I don't care how crazy a rioter you encounter he ain't picking a fight with those two.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

Could we send Anthony Small along as a test dummy?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:00 pm

Ha, yeah, why not?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:04 pm

Tony Galento and Oliver McCall. Two certified lunatics would do the job.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

Would have to pick Muhammed Ali alone.

In the riots that insued after Witherspoon beat Bruno the angry mob made a bee line to the changing room where Tim was. Ali just told them to STOP and they did.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm

Alan Minter.

Probably a walk in the park compared to the aftermath of his fight with Hagler.

Alternatively, Andrew Golota and Ike Ibeabuchi would make for an interesting pairing.

Or the Williams sisters.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:10 pm

Mike Tyson and Ike Ibeabuchi would be pretty obvious choices.

If only using current stars, I'd pick two out of Vitali Klitschko, David Tua, Chris Arreola, Lateef Kayode, Benard Hopkins, Artur Szpiilka and Denis Boytsov.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

Golota and Ibeabuchi, they'd be some street fighting tag team! Just imagine how good Andrew could have been had fouls been allowed?

The Williams sisters laughing careful, Windy.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

Pushing my luck with that one wasn't I, mate ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:15 pm

Nigel Benn would probably be quite useful, and I'd take Andrew Golota (from the time when he fought Riddick Bowe). The man is a bit unstable, punches like a mule and looks dangerous too. He wouldn't be worried about letting some punches fly below the belt line to fell a few "gangstas" laughing

Just don't take Toney and Bowe if your shop sells food... Whistle

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:17 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Pushing my luck with that one wasn't I, mate ?

Just slightly, though I don't dispute that they'd make a damn intimidating partnership.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

I'd probably take along a couple of MMA fighters as well just to add to the carnage.
Brock Lesnar, Alexander Emelianenko, Mirko Crocop and Alistair Overeem would all be lethal together.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:27 pm

J.Benson II wrote:I'd probably take along a couple of MMA fighters as well just to add to the carnage.
Brock Lesnar, Alexander Emelianenko, Mirko Crocop and Alistair Overeem would all be lethal together.
Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? Ban

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:32 pm

Scottrf wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:I'd probably take along a couple of MMA fighters as well just to add to the carnage.
Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? Ban

Sorry, couldnt resist. Given the variety, they'd probably be the most useful though.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

'Reem would be a great choice. Read somewhere that he knocked out 6 Russian doorman who had the cheek to try and chuck him out of a bar.

Tyson, as much as he is overated would be a good choice. Dangerous man.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

Sonny Liston could probably have sorted it on his own.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Hopkins. Get the impression he is a nasty piece of work, basically because he is.

Rocky with his deathly punch power would be a good shout.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Chuvalo would be a good shout, I'm pretty sure he could take a molotov cocktail to the chin and still walk through it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Would probably take Vitali along just for the fact his chin is definitely super human, I doubt any amount of rioters could knock him over if those Lewis uppercuts couldn't and lets face it he is probably gonna ship alot of punishment.

And James Toney for the fact that if he couldnt kick some butt he would at least get jammed in the door and prevent them from getting through that way.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

Any of Margarito's opponents.

They are quite accustomed to being hit with lumps of concrete.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm

laughing

Sven Ottke would be a good one, he would turn the tables, and end up robbing them!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Any of Margarito's opponents.

Ah yes, my favourite ever 'safety' measure in boxing, the concrete hand wraps. Much better than the reduction to twelve rounds, or the four-roped ring.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

Fists of Fury wrote: laughing

Sven Ottke would be a good one, he would turn the tables, and end up robbing them!

Ha !

I believe that we have our post of the day. Hats off, Sir.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

tyson and butterbean, tyson could do it on his own butterbean would just be there to be used to block the door

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:47 pm

We could really confuse the rioters and send in Jimmy Wilde and Khaosai Galaxy.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

Enzo. With his chin he'd probably take any punishment they could give....

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Any of Margarito's opponents.

Ah yes, my favourite ever 'safety' measure in boxing, the concrete hand wraps. Much better than the reduction to twelve rounds, or the four-roped ring.

That still has to be the most hilarious post I have ever read on any forum, anywhere.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

Ha !

I believe that we have our post of the day. Hats off, Sir.

Ha, thank you. I'm here all day.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:52 pm

Carl Froch. His nose would stop anyone getting through the door in the first place. I live in Wales though and this would never happen as the people of somewhere like Cardiff would never stand for it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:52 pm

laughing

Brilliant!

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:52 pm

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch. His nose would stop anyone getting through the door in the first place. I live in Wales though and this would never happen as the people of somewhere like Cardiff would never stand for it

Also there is sod all worth robbing there

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch. His nose would stop anyone getting through the door in the first place. I live in Wales though and this would never happen as the people of somewhere like Cardiff would never stand for it

You mean like the Cardiff race riots of 1919?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:

You mean like the Cardiff race riots of 1919?

That would never happen now. Cardiff is a close knit city. The locals wouldnt stand for it. And even though south Wales is a victim of the recession with unemployment, we do not have the social and cultural problems that London and Birmingham get. Thank goodness as well

Last edited by Steffan on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:'Reem would be a great choice. Read somewhere that he knocked out 6 Russian doorman who had the cheek to try and chuck him out of a bar.

I heard he took on a grizzly bear who was protecting her cubs, whilst singlehandedly handing a beatdown to a reticulated python. Right after he had finished cuddling with another man in lycra of course.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

How about Maurice Tillet ?

http://images.google.com/imgres?q=Maurice+Tillet&hl=en&sa=G&biw=1016&bih=539&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=1tLtLKAHBjGcyM:&imgrefurl=http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php%253Ftopic%253D303711.0&docid=sUNCKKf1qLP9LM&w=500&h=405&ei=LSBBTsKrIIGe-waj4oDFCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=128&vpy=122&dur=28&hovh=202&hovw=250&tx=138&ty=103&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=137&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:57 pm

Happened though didn't it, your pathetic little pro welsh comment backfired as per usual, reel it in.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

Jesus wept, I'm sure he featured in the recent Harry Potter movie that I went to see.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Happened though didn't it, your pathetic little pro welsh comment backfired as per usual, reel it in or **** off.

Hardly pro-Welsh. Just stating that we wouldnt allow it in this day and age. The EDL tried marching in Cardiff and the locals drove them out. We stick together and take pride in our city. Shame the same cant be said for other cities...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next