The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

+30
Sugar Floyd Louis
NathanDB10
bhb001
ONETWOFOREVER
Dass
Michaels, Sean
The Pugilist
Il Gialloblu
joeyjojo618
The Galveston Giant
TopHat24/7
BALTIMORA
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Steffan
licence_007
zx1234
alanqlm
Lumbering_Jack
Mr Bounce
J.Benson II
Super D Boon
coxy0001
Rowley
HumanWindmill
88Chris05
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
Fists of Fury
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? - Page 2 Empty Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

First topic message reminder :

In light of the ongoing riots, let's say you are a shop owner for the day. The angry mob has moved on to your street, and are heading straight for your shop. You (somehow) have the ability to summon two boxer, past or present, to your aid in order to fight off these hooligans.

Which two boxers would you choose?

My two picks would be Roberto Duran and Julio Cesar Chavez, between them I think they would form a lethal streetfighting combo, and I'd feel sorry for the looters should one of them get caught by Duran in a phone box..

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote: laughing

Sven Ottke would be a good one, he would turn the tables, and end up robbing them!

Ha !

I believe that we have our post of the day. Hats off, Sir.

I'm here all day.

That's what we are afraid of.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Light-hearted riot thread - which boxers?

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

Steffan wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Happened though didn't it, your pathetic little pro welsh comment backfired as per usual, reel it in or **** off.

Hardly pro-Welsh. Just stating that we wouldnt allow it in this day and age. The EDL tried marching in Cardiff and the locals drove them out. We stick together and take pride in our city. Shame the same cant be said for other cities...

If I wanted to hear about how amazing your Poopie of a country was i'd torture myself and move to Wales, as I don't give a toss and you've already been proven wrong, shut up.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:06 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Happened though didn't it, your pathetic little pro welsh comment backfired as per usual, reel it in or **** off.

Hardly pro-Welsh. Just stating that we wouldnt allow it in this day and age. The EDL tried marching in Cardiff and the locals drove them out. We stick together and take pride in our city. Shame the same cant be said for other cities...

If I wanted to hear about how amazing your Poopie of a country was i'd torture myself and move to Wales, as I don't give a toss and you've already been proven wrong, shut up.

Considering South Wales Police have given all their officers to London to help out...maybe you should think twice before slating my "Poopie of a country". So ungratefull...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

I'd go for Sonny Liston and David Tua. I can picture it now...

A group of looters approach the shop. Half of them see Sonny Liston giving his dead-eyed stare, p*ss themselves and run away. The other half don't notice Sonny, but decide there's enough of them to take on the short, squat gent in their way. Tua turns them into a pack of John Ruiz's.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

Do you ever talk about anything without boring us with how amazing Wales is?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

Anyway I wouldnt worry. Once all this rioting has stopped London have got the Olympics next year to suck all our tax money away instead Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:11 pm

Guess the Welsh have boycotted the olympics haven't they, you would do well to remember that it's mainly England who generates all the money for Britain as a whole.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:13 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Guess the Welsh have boycotted the olympics haven't they

No we havnt boycotted it. No one can get tickets. There is nothing to boycott Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

Nice response you clown

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Nice response you clown

Thanks OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

Steffan wrote:

Tell it as it is..: the locals saw people using Blackberry messenger and accused them of witchcraft... Very Happy

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

Steffan wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Considering South Wales Police have given all their officers to London to help out...maybe you should think twice before slating my "Poopie of a country". So ungratefull...

Also took money from Welsh sport to fund it.

The London Olympics will suck balls. Not even Londoners living right next to the stadia can get a ticket yet swallow the council tax hike......nice!

Lord Coe - What an odious man! "What do you want these Olympcis to be?" he says.

"We want them to be somewhere else" say the masses.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:21 pm

Steffan wrote:Anyway I wouldnt worry. Once all this rioting has stopped London have got the Olympics next year to suck all our tax money away instead Wink

"Your" tax money? You take several times more out of the pot than you put in it so I can't see how "your" tax money is funding the Olympics in any way shape or form. Proportionately, London pays the majority of the countries tax bill and therefore is the majority funder of the Olympics. London will also be the biggest beneficiary so it all evens out nicely.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

Probably take Foreman and Liston, get it sorted out quick.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:35 pm

Valuev could be used as a human scarecrow, not sure many people would call your bluff and take him on.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

I'd nominate Amir Khan to drive down there and have Larry Holmes on top of his car to dropkick anyone who Amir missed.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

Tyson standing there with chain full of peoples ears. Blood dripping from his mouth.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:I'd nominate Amir Khan to drive down there and have Larry Holmes on top of his car to dropkick anyone who Amir missed.

What about Khan and Hamed to both drive down there? Couldn't miss!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:I'd nominate Amir Khan to drive down there and have Larry Holmes on top of his car to dropkick anyone who Amir missed.

Ha ha ha! Classic!

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

Ike Ibeabuchi and oliver mccall would make a formidable team

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

Steffan wrote:That would never happen now. Cardiff is a close knit city. The locals wouldnt stand for it. And even though south Wales is a victim of the recession with unemployment, we do not have the social and cultural problems that London and Birmingham get. Thank goodness as well
It has just spread to Wales. Workers at a local brothel attacking a car:

Spoiler:

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pugilist Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Wladimir - to stand in the door way, and give rioter's that psychopathic look he's got. The one that makes your balls crawl up inside you. Then it's got to be Iron Mike, as he's not afraid to play dirty. Plus, you're not going to start a fight on a man who's tattoo'd his own face.
The Pugilist
The Pugilist

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:That would never happen now. Cardiff is a close knit city. The locals wouldnt stand for it. And even though south Wales is a victim of the recession with unemployment, we do not have the social and cultural problems that London and Birmingham get. Thank goodness as well
It has just spread to Wales. Workers at a local brothel attacking a car:

Spoiler:

It's got worse, they got the guy out of his car.....

Spoiler:

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

National Rail have been busy as your average Londoner flees the city

Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

#cantbeatabitofracismlad

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:#cantbeatabitofracismlad

#yesyouwouldknowallaboutit

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

There's a difference between stereotyping and racism.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:There's a difference between stereotyping and racism.

I regard the sheep posts as racist

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

A race has to be within the same species. Unless you count hybrids as the same species.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

Your race i'm assuming is white british just like Scott and myself, it is a stereotype to mention sheep with regards to the Welsh but it is not racist which your comment quite clearly was, do you wish me to educate you some more?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

Steffan wrote:

It's not.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

P.S. I wont go further off topic. Hope things are good with you Steph.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Steffan wrote:

It's not.

I think you will find it is?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Cut it out chaps, go and think of questions to ask Antonio Tarver, instead.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Think you'll find racism has to be directed towards a race of people if i'm not mistaken?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:P.S. I wont go further off topic. Hope things are good with you Steph.

Fine thanks. Golfing tomorrow. 18 holes. Looking forward to it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Think you'll find racism has to be directed towards a race of people if i'm not mistaken?

Last time I looked I was White European. I dont mind the sheep jokes though. And the anti-Welsh racism is fine. If Ann Robinson can get away with it why cant people on the internet hey...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

The Welsh aren't a race Steffan i'd expect someone with your level of intelligence or apparently lack of to know the difference between a nationality and a race. Your race whether you like it or not will be white/caucasian british, it's something you're born into you don't choose it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

Steffan wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Think you'll find racism has to be directed towards a race of people if i'm not mistaken?

Last time I looked I was White European. I dont mind the sheep jokes though. And the anti-Welsh racism is fine. If Ann Robinson can get away with it why cant people on the internet hey...

That ginger old mare..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

Plenty of places for you chaps to discuss race at 606v2.

For example, you could chat about the Premiership title race in the football section, the Grand National race at the horse racing board, the 100 metre race at the athletics board, the ATP tour race at the tennis board, etc.

As I say, plenty of places to discuss race at v2.

The boxing board isn't one of them.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:05 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Steffan wrote:

That ginger old mare..?

I was all up for a public lynching after what she did...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Plenty of places for you chaps to discuss race at 606v2.

For example, you could chat about the Premiership title race in the football section, the Grand National race at the horse racing board, the 100 metre race at the athletics board, the ATP tour race at the tennis board, etc.

What do you mean by 'one of them' eh, Windy? Smile

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Plenty of places for you chaps to discuss race at 606v2.

What do you mean by 'one of them' eh, Windy? Smile

Very good, BALTI. Made me chuckle.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

I agree Windy. Im not going to mention race again (today)

Can we still lynch Anne Robinson though?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

I'd have a go on Robinson. My mate used to be convinced ginger birds smelt like fox pi55 but I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

What about the race to see who is named as the 606vs greatest british boxer of all time?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:I'd have a go on Robinson. My mate used to be convinced ginger birds smelt like fox pi55 but I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

I used to knock off a ginger bird. Fair do she was up for anything. If I was forced to nail Robinson I would go real rough on her

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

Steffan wrote:I agree Windy. Im not going to mention race again (today)

Can we still lynch Anne Robinson though?

Only if you photograph the event and post links so that we can all enjoy the taming of this particular shrew.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

Gillian Anderson? She was ginger. Mmm...Agent Scully.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:What about the race to see who is named as the 606vs greatest british boxer of all time?

Smartass.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next