The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

olander solis back in action

+3
joeyjojo618
The Galveston Giant
eddyfightfan
7 posters

Go down

olander solis back in action Empty olander solis back in action

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

solis will be back in action for the first time since his 1st round KO loss against WBC champion vitali. he will fight unknown german varol vekiloglu for the IBF inter continental belt on 14th october. this isnt a very tough fight for the cuban, his opponent is 18(10)-2(0)-1 and has never fought outside of germany. he has been matched against poor opposition and lost against the only fighter he has faced with a half decent record (fighting for the german cruiserweight title). his last opponent was making his professional debut.

many people say that solis was winning the fight against vitali and that his knee gave way, i saw it slightly different, i did have him winning the round at the time, but it was the first and i fully expected vitali to settle into a rhythm and start landing. i also thought it was a punch that put him down, and he hurt his knee on the way.

ive been excited about seeing solis return as he did start well, and given a chance he might have given vitali a run for his money. he definetly is as competive as any other heavyweight out there right now. the only problem is that i expected him to come back to a tougher fight than this. another example of poor matchmaking, i dont see what solis gains from this fight, and hope to see him fight in the future against a better class of opponent.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28862&more=1

Last edited by eddyfightfan on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link added)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

olander solis back in action Empty Re: olander solis back in action

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

Disappointing opponent, hopefully he gets him out there quick and steps it up a level again soon.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

Back quite quickly. Some people were predicting he was set for the knackers yard (big guy + damaged knee = trouble.) Probably just a test of his fitness/injury before he kicks on?

Hope he gets a rematch with Vitali or maybe Wlad (has he got anyone lined up yet?)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

Maybe this could be a possible match for Haye to consider if Solis wins if Haye wants to get back on the HW scene again. I think Solis beat him as an amateur so could possibly lead to a fight with one of the K bro's again.

What you think?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

i think it would be a good fight, they have similar styles, both in and out fighters, through a lot of feints, small powerful heavys

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

If Haye is serious about continuing his Heavyweight career then he should fight Solis or Povetkin.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

i would like to see solis haye, think if he beats povetkin and gained the WBA again straight away it would draw way too much critism

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

True, Povetkin would be a great win though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:22 pm

i'd like to see solis take on wladimir, i think he is the weaker brother. the only problem with wlad is he doesnt give anything, so can see it been a boring fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oneorthree Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:20 pm

Really rated Solis, even though he is about 3stone overweight he seems to be the "best of the rest" @ HW

I think the Vitali fight should have been a NC as he obviously damaged his knee at the end of r1 and i cant see how the punch that skimmed the top of his head would have effected that.

if he comes in around the 240 mark then he will give the brothers a run for their money, and cant see Haye beating him.

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 09 Aug 2011, 7:48 pm

Solis no doubt has skills, but he's too fat to give the K bros a run for there money.

I remember Haye talking about his fight with Vitali, he was saying if he comes in heavy then he has no chance... I don't really understand why these guys that can challenge are not keeping themselves in good nick as they could earn WAY more money if they just really put the effort in, it's one area where you most certainly can't have a go at David for I guess, looked in tremendous shape... (no homo)(ok a lil bit)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

we need to see solis v haye . i think it makes sence

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down