The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return

4 posters

Go down

Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return Empty Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

CM Punk recently did a radio interview where he expressed his opinion on The Rock's involvement in Wrestlemania. He criticised Rock's performances on the basis that he is not really doing anything he has't done before, rather rehashing what he used to do as a tribute show to his glory days. Punk hopes his comments will inspire Rock to improve his performances once he returns in the build up to WM28.

To some extent i agree with Punk that Rock didn't really dazzle at WM27 and his promos, after his return one, were nothing special beyond the sense of nostalgia you get from seeing Rock back in the squared circle.

Punk also covers many other topics you can listen to the podcast at this link http://www.1059thex.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=MarkMadden&selected_podcast=CM%2520Punk.mp3

Just a quick note on Punk, I hope this is the last of these sort of interviews with outside shows. I honestly don't need the endless shoot interviews and seemingly rebellious comments to enjoy his work.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return Empty Re: Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

The problem with Rock is that his promos are so aggresive and passionate that they need a pay off, when you dont get that pay off you feel like somethings missing

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return Empty Re: Punk attacks Rock for lacklustre return

Post by MidnightToker Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

Loved his facebook vid about the tranny wonder woman tho lol

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:18 am

For such a rebel, Punk sure sounds like a WWE puppet.

Rock increased ratings by approximately 20%, and got over a million Wrestlemania buys. I think his return went quite well. My criticism would be that nobody got over as a result of his involvement. He made Cena and Miz look weaker when he should have built them both up.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:01 am

I don't think he comes across as a WWE puppet at all, I think he probably feels Rock is undeserving of the Main Event slot at WrestleMania, I don't think criticising Rocky would be high up on the WWE machines to do list, when it looked like he was distancing himself then yes, go for it, now though I think they'll be wanting to keep him sweet

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

the-gaffer wrote:I don't think he comes across as a WWE puppet at all, I think he probably feels Rock is undeserving of the Main Event slot at WrestleMania, I don't think criticising Rocky would be high up on the WWE machines to do list, when it looked like he was distancing himself then yes, go for it, now though I think they'll be wanting to keep him sweet

It would be entirely illogical, you're right. Except that they've been doing it every since he came back! Cena's promos completely undermined him and were blatantly a message from Vince McMahon. It's been clear all along that WWE just can't get over the fact he left, even now he's come back.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

Cena's comments do undermine him but the same could be said for Rock, he crapped all over everything Cena has done although to be fair at least all Rock did was stick it to hir wrestling character, I still think Punk's thoughts while I don't always agree with them are entirely his own

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

I'm not certain either way. I think Punk genuinely does resent Rock but I've got no idea why any wrestler would. If they were offered $25-30 million per movie to leave wrestling and be an actor, every single one of them would do it! If John Cena has no interest in a movie career, why does he make movies?!

The reason that he can come back and gazump them all for the Wrestlemania main event spot is that he is a huge star of both wrestling and the mainstream and he can draw more money than they can.

I really like Punk and rate him higher than any wrestler walking the planet, but I'm disappointed in him for being such a sheep, whether these are his opinions or whether he is toeing the corporate line. I do find it difficult to believe that Vince McMahon would allow him -as the most talked about wrestler in WWE right now - to go on Mark Madden's radio show without giving him some kind of pointers about what to discuss. If this is entirely his own opinion, I think he sounds like a fool.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down