The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson

+15
Hood83
grandmastershake
ShankyCricket
trebellbobaggins
Punter's Dodgy Digit
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
hodge
Liam_Main
Duty281
Carrotdude
Raymond
Fists of Fury
longhopmerchant
GSC
cabbagesandbrussels
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson - Page 2 Empty Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Many of you will have seen this, but I have only just come across it and it's my favourite video on youtube at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxnfqDJUWg

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson - Page 2 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
Punter's Dodgy Digit wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Mitchell Johnson is either devastating or garbage. The majority of the time garbage.

Anderson has grown into a consistent threat
In the last two years Anderson has got slightly better. Before he was the same as Johnson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you cant be serious, its hard to take u seriously it really is, stop talking rubbish and stop wumming.
Ashes 06-07 Anderson could destroyed.

England in SA 2004-05 Anderson destroyed

Or you ignoring these series?

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson - Page 2 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson sledging Jimmy Anderson

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Mitchell Johnson is either devastating or garbage. The majority of the time garbage.

In the last two years Anderson has got slightly better. Before he was the same as Johnson.

you cant be serious, its hard to take u seriously it really is, stop talking rubbish and stop wumming.

That was when he was pre-prime. Now in his prime he is the second best bowler on the planet. Yahoo

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:43 pm

Duty281 wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:

That was when he was pre-prime. Now in his prime he is the second best bowler on the planet. Yahoo
You can't pick and choose, Anderson has been good for 2 years.

Steyn the best of them all, has been amazing since 2006, so Anderson is a flash in the pan merchant.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:46 pm

Anderson has been good for 2 years - Yes which has been his PRIME. There is plenty more to come, I assure you.

Steyn is indeed the best of them all currently.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

Duty281 wrote:Anderson has been good for 2 years - Yes which has been his PRIME. There is plenty more to come, I assure you.

Steyn is indeed the best of them all currently.
Fast bowlers peak are between 25-31. Anderson is 29 so there's not much more to come. Pace dips after 31 and Anderson is only medium fast 80-85 mph. After the pace goes, his swing will be useless.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:53 pm

We'll see Punter. We'll see.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

This is the most valid point on the thread I would say. Johnson is not the worst bowler in Australia, in fact he is probably still one of their best bowlers. On his day he is devastating but on numerous other days he is average. His career record is good, it cannot be ignored and although Punter's is exaggerating the point for people to dismiss Johnson as a terrible bowler is a bit silly and arrogant on our part. That said, if I had the choice of Johnson and Anderson I know who I'd pick, and it wouldn't be the Aussie.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by grandmastershake Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:37 pm

It makes me laugh for years we hat to put up with the aussies beating us and we took it and we did not moan about it but the moment we start beating the aussies they are bad sports and start making excuses about this being poor aussie side, well then what about all the times Australia use to beat us i dont remember any of those england sides being great .

and as for ponting have a word with strauss about anderson being to aggressive and hes sledging, do me a favor the aussies always sledge and when other teams give it back they dont like it, he even said about the south african thing pietersen mother was born in england so he has right to chose to play for england, matt prior`s mother was also born in england, trott had english relatives from the past

i like and enjoyed watching warne mcgrath and all the other great Australia players i just wonder how many aussies would say the same about an england player, i appreciate all the great aussies players and wish they where still playing now

grandmastershake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

Punter's Dodgy Digit wrote:Mitchell Johnson 300 International wickets plus numerous runs scored. World Class? Yes. Mentally frail? Yes.

Youre pushingt the world class maybe but no more unreasonable than some of the stick hes getting. Hot and cold player, but mental weakness and fragile technque means he cant be called world class.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:17 am

what about during the ashes in england helpful bowling conditions and he couldnt even land the ball on the strip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:38 am

Carrotdude wrote:, if I had the choice of Johnson and Anderson I know who I'd pick, and it wouldn't be the Aussie.

Makes a change, England picking the Englishman Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:11 am

1 good series against the Saffers and suddenly he's the Australian messiah.... 🤦

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 11:20 am

johhson had plenty of potential but he isnt anywhere near consistent enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 12 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

That's a cracking vid. I reckon you could find a tonne of similar vids with an Aussie showing up the opposition from the last 15 yrs or so though.

To the small number of Aussie fans who seem unable to accept this, Johnson is not a premier bowler. The similarity with Anderson is that they have both been far too inconsistent in the past, the difference is that Anderson appears to have found a level of consistency over the past 2 years and learnt to bowl much more effectively on pitches that don't swing. As many others mention, Johnson is occasionally unplayable, often garbage and clearly mentally frail. In many senses he's the sort of player you would expect England to be producing not Australia. The last Ashes was a perfect example of his inconsistency.

On the issue of recent Ashes and the relevant strength of the two sides. I'd agree 2009 was a good close tussle and 2005 could have been different if McGrath hadn't got injured. It also could have been different if Simon Jones, who had 18 wickets in 3 games (5 innings i think?) had been fit, not a bad bat as well. It was bad luck but thems the breaks. The last Ashes, your team was outclassed, rebuilding or not you were pummelled, to deny this is madness and sour grapes.

Australia is a great cricketing nation that will clearly come again sooner rather than later, but there is a very good reason you are 5th in the world at Test and England are about to become number 1. You may not like it, but to pretend this isn't the reality is pretty churlish. Suck it up.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 13 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

PDD has put some right rubbish up here.

Anderson was poor in Australia in 2006/7 , but he only played 1 Test in SA in 04/05 so that is barely relevant. In fact Jimmy probably played too many Tests early in his career , often with thin support on good wickets , and for this reason his overall figures aren't all that impressive. But the flip side of that is that he learned very well , to the point where he is now quite clearly the best bowler in the world bar Steyn. And his recent record shows this beyond dispute.

Johnson , by contrast , enjoyed some early success , and has somewhat lapsed over the last couple of years. He is certainly not a poor bowler , but he is a very inconsistent one , and his figures are heading in the opposite direction to Jimmy's. The current Australian tour of Sri Lanka is a very important one for his future. I see no need to put him down , but I wouldn't put him in the same class as Anderson at the moment.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sat 13 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

so rich form MJ considering
He bowls to the left he bowls to the right that Mitchell Johnson his bowling is s%&@e

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetty Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

Since the beginning of 2010

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;spanmin1=1+Jan+2010;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Jetty

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm

That guy Steyn isn't too shabby is he? 66 wickets, s/r under 40, average 21, 5.5 wickets per game. top effort

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:13 pm

All of Englands bowlers in the top 15. Proves how good a year they've had.

South African pair Steyn and Morkel have also had outstanding years.

Johnson 44 @34 just about backs up my point that he has good games and bad, very inconsistent. At the top of his game he can be a handful but when he's not he's all over the place.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

It's quite remarkable how good Steyn really is. I mean Morkel is fantastic, but they have no real spinner(until Tahir qualified but hasn't played a Test yet). Saffers third seamer is like a merry-go-round Tsotsobe or Parnell.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

Tahir has a bright Test future i'm sure. Performed well for Hants this year.

Personally I would go with Parnell, left arm seamer which adds something different to there bowling unit. If he can notch his pace up slighty then I expect him to do well.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Tahir has a bright Test future i'm sure. Performed well for Hants this year.

Personally I would go with Parnell, left arm seamer which adds something different to there bowling unit. If he can notch his pace up slighty then I expect him to do well.
I like watching Tahir, I was surprised we didn't take him, as he could've played for England.

Parnell is certainly the better player. He can bat as well, so could be a Shaun Pollock type player in the future.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

I'm not sure if his all-round game can be as good as Shaun Pollocks, certainly a handy number 8 or 9 though. Parnell's not made a first-class century yet till he does it's hard to compare the two.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:43 pm

Liam_Main wrote:I'm not sure if his all-round game can be as good as Shaun Pollocks, certainly a handy number 8 or 9 though. Parnell's not made a first-class century yet till he does it's hard to compare the two.
at age group cricket (u15,u16,u17,u19) he batted at 5!! Whilst he hasn't made a first class ton, he's not really played much cricket, his highest score is 90 though. My Saffer mates all rate him pretty highly as well.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

sri lanka struggling in 2nd odi at 80-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 14 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

Just when a partnership was going they lose another wicket, 140-5
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:38 am

cant believe the lankans lost again

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:46 am

cricketfan90 wrote:cant believe the lankans lost again
Me too.In fact I am shocked.Ponting back in form.Not good signs for us ahead of the 2013 Ashes.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:47 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:
Me too.In fact I am shocked.Ponting back in form.Not good signs for us ahead of the 2013 Ashes.

dosent matter ashes are 2 years away and also its different form of the game

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:50 am

cricketfan90 wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:

dosent matter ashes are 2 years away and also its different form of the game
But what is worrying that he looks good at the crease.And when he is in form he will do well in all forms.Anyways we have Jimmy to stop him Very Happy

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

its 2 years away im willing to bet good money that he isnt playing for australia then

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

I hope Johnson plays in the 2013 ashes as our batsman can milk him, again.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:57 pm

punter wont be playing in the 2013 ashes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2