The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory - was he actually that badly hurt?

+17
NedB-H
Bob_the_Job
Rossa
oldparwin
McLaren
Maverick
Davie
Gareth_NI
Faldono1fan
Lairdy
Diggers
JPX
Rangiora
gaelgowfer
MustPuttBetter
sharrison01
JDandfries
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rory - was he actually that badly hurt? - Page 3 Empty Rory - was he actually that badly hurt?

Post by JDandfries Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Now I am not saying he was faking it, but he was definately milking it.

The shot he took on was stupid, really stupid - wonder what those US commentators said about that? - and I have no doubt it might have hurt a little bit, but the next three hours of posturing, letting go of the club, changing hand for putting his tee in, (but then leaning on his driver as he did so) lead me to believe he was just hamming it up.

Was everyone else as bored with the numerous interviews with Physios, and embeleshment from monty etc? I found it tedious at best, and was largely p'd off with it.

Rory - if it is really hurt, walk off the course, if not, be a man, and get on with it!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Rory - was he actually that badly hurt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Rory - was he actually that badly hurt?

Post by McLaren Fri 12 Aug 2011, 7:56 pm

cut now +4, I knew it. Come on Tiger you can do it.

Great round from Scott, I hope he maintains his form for the weekend.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Rory - was he actually that badly hurt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Rory - was he actually that badly hurt?

Post by Davie Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

McLaren wrote:cut now +4, I knew it. Come on Tiger you can do it..

Was that one of your "jokes"?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:10 pm

I think the cut will get to +5 easily................especially as the afternoon starters have to play the tougher 15-18 and 6-9 stretches.......

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri 12 Aug 2011, 11:02 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:JPX

Nevertheless, you alluded to this ...

"I wonder what score he would be on now, injury free?."
I'm well aware of what I said, you just assumed I was implying he would score lower to suit your comment.

Anyway, assumptions asside, you don't agree then that the odds would be in favour of him being better placed had he not damaged his wrist?

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Baggiesfan_golfer Sat 13 Aug 2011, 4:15 am

How do YOU know what another human being feels? In ant walk of life?

It's impossible to compare one injury to another

It clearly was very painful. And to his credit he's gone on and made tge cut, clearly still hampered by his wrist tho

Baggiesfan_golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sat 13 Aug 2011, 8:57 am

JPX wrote:
gaelgowfer wrote:JPX

Nevertheless, you alluded to this ...

"I wonder what score he would be on now, injury free?."
I'm well aware of what I said, you just assumed I was implying he would score lower to suit your comment.

Anyway, assumptions asside, you don't agree then that the odds would be in favour of him being better placed had he not damaged his wrist?

That's correct because you implied it otherwise what would have been the point in making such a statement? Rolling Eyes

As regards to his chances had he not been injured, you're now twisting what I said "to suit your comment". I merely said that it couldn't be taken for granted he would have scored better had he not been injured and even stated why it could not be taken for granted.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

Dear me, are you a politician gaelgowfer? You're good at answering questions with another question!

No, obviously Rory wouldn't have done better than 17 over or whatever it was he finished at, if he had been fully fit. Rolling Eyes

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 1:03 am

His girlfriend doesn't seem to have had great last 7 days either!

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 18 Aug 2011, 2:12 am

Perhaps it was a sympathy injury. Maybe get his and hers matching strapping

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3