The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well said Amir, Well said (for a change)

+8
joeyjojo618
Rowley
TwisT
coxy0001
huw
The Galveston Giant
School Project
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
12 posters

Go down

Well said Amir, Well said (for a change) Empty Well said Amir, Well said (for a change)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 15 Aug 2011, 5:15 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7101502,00.html

Fair play to Khan,

I think he sums up a few good points here.

Like him or loath him, he is a good role model for young people and I hope he carries on the good work he does in regards to giving something back to society!

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Well said Amir, Well said (for a change) Empty Re: Well said Amir, Well said (for a change)

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 7:23 pm

I agree,

although I fail to see why anyone would 'loathe' him. Seems an overly strong emotion.

In any case, I've always liked his commitment to community development.

Back to top Go down

Well said Amir, Well said (for a change) Empty Re: Well said Amir, Well said (for a change)

Post by School Project Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:11 pm

You can like his commitment to community development but I'm still blaming him for the mess that we've been left with in Sky not having a single GBP fight and running off to Primetime with Uncle Richard Schaeffer fighting his corner.

He might have a love for community but he'll hapily take a dump on his paying fans by throwing his toys out of a pram like a spoilt brat...

"Oh Mr Schaefer! Tell Sky that no more GBP are allowed because they won't ppv my fights!"

"Aww WBC strip Bradley for not fighting me! boohoo!"

Given half the chance he would have joined in with the looting seeing as he's a thieving little fool anyway...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:15 pm

School Project wrote:You can like his commitment to community development but I'm still blaming him for the mess that we've been left with in Sky not having a single GBP fight and running off to Primetime with Uncle Richard Schaeffer fighting his corner.

He might have a love for community but he'll hapily take a dump on his paying fans by throwing his toys out of a pram like a spoilt brat...

"Oh Mr Schaefer! Tell Sky that no more GBP are allowed because they won't ppv my fights!"

"Aww WBC strip Bradley for not fighting me! boohoo!"

Given half the chance he would have joined in with the looting seeing as he's a thieving little fool anyway...

Laugh Quality
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

You know it's true GG...

I used to rate Khan as a person and a boxer. He's a good boxer, but as a human being, I can remotely understand someones need for a decent pay day.

He's just a greedy little twerp.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

He is greedy, he made the same 'fans' pay 15 pounds extra for something they were about to get for the price of their Sky subscription, if he cares that much i'm sure he could put some of his earning from that fight into a community centre. I just hope it doesn't snowball so every fight half decent becomes PPV.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:He is greedy, he made the same 'fans' pay 15 pounds extra for something they were about to get for the price of their Sky subscription, if he cares that much i'm sure he could put some of his earning from that fight into a community centre. I just hope it doesn't snowball so every fight half decent becomes PPV.

Quote from article:

Since 2007 Khan has provided an outlet for children through the Gloves Community Centre he founded in his hometown of Bolton.

The 24-year-old spent £700,000 setting up the centre, which receives 500 visitors a week, and stresses that sportsmen and women must use the influence they wield for good.

-----

What a horrible boy Khan is (insert some people just want to dislike him regardless of what he does type smilie).

Last edited by huw on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Toss sir is apparently not allowed, I thought I was actually being polite by using that word so will now go and wash out my potty mouth)

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:52 am

huw wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:He is greedy, he made the same 'fans' pay 15 pounds extra for something they were about to get for the price of their Sky subscription, if he cares that much i'm sure he could put some of his earning from that fight into a community centre. I just hope it doesn't snowball so every fight half decent becomes PPV.

Quote from article:

Since 2007 Khan has provided an outlet for children through the Gloves Community Centre he founded in his hometown of Bolton.

The 24-year-old spent £700,000 setting up the centre, which receives 500 visitors a week, and stresses that sportsmen and women must use the influence they wield for good.

-----

What a naughty naughty boy (insert some people just want to dislike him regardless of what he does type smilie).

And people will love him no matter what he does or say. I used to support Amir Khan, not that i need to explain myself to anybody.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

Agree in principle with what he's saying about sport giving these little chavs discipline....

But......

The problem is that our countries most popular sport (for some shocking reason) is football. Little kids see these overpaid premiership idiots (who should all be shot) charging at refs, linesman and generally acting like class A tossmonkeys off the pitch and then these same kids aren't going to learn respect etc when their arrogantly retarded role models are setting such a poor example.

You know what the country should do?

Ban football, yup, ban it. Force every kid to play golf, cricket, rugby and do national service and believe you me we'd be free of all these social problems.

Or basically say that for every kid who drops out of school prior to 18 they will never ever receive benefits of any kind.

I might be straying a bit from central policy views.......

Coxy for PM!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:24 am

coxy0001 wrote:Agree in principle with what he's saying about sport giving these little chavs discipline....

But......

The problem is that our countries most popular sport (for some shocking reason) is football. Little kids see these overpaid premiership idiots (who should all be shot) charging at refs, linesman and generally acting like class A tossmonkeys off the pitch and then these same kids aren't going to learn respect etc when their arrogantly retarded role models are setting such a poor example.

Ban football, yup, ban it. Force every kid to play golf, cricket, rugby and do national service and believe you me we'd be free of all these social problems.

Or basically say that for every kid who drops out of school prior to 18 they will never ever receive benefits of any kind.

Coxy for PM!

Are you saying that with a cigar in your mouth and giving the V sign?

"We will fight them on the beaches" eh Coxy Very Happy

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:

And people will love him no matter what he does or say. I used to support Amir Khan, not that i need to explain myself to anybody.

I wasn't suggesting you should like or dislike him, just pointing out the thing you suggested he should do he has already done (and it was mentioned in the original article) and deserves a little credit for.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

coxy0001 wrote:Agree in principle with what he's saying about sport giving these little chavs discipline....

But......

Coxy for PM!

Firstly is you ban football the hoolie element would move on to another 'cause' be it another sport or whatever.

I dropped out of school at 17, have never claimed benefits of any kind. Would have loved to have gone to University but couldn't even afford to even continue with my A-levels as my family was too poor and needed me to be earning money.

Also grew up in an army town, you think these squadies are better behaved than 'hoodies'??

So obviously, you can count on my vote! OK

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

huw wrote:

But......

Coxy for PM!

Firstly is you ban football the hoolie element would move on to another 'cause' be it another sport or whatever.

I dropped out of school at 17, have never claimed benefits of any kind. Would have loved to have gone to University but couldn't even afford to even continue with my A-levels as my family was too poor and needed me to be earning money.

Also grew up in an army town, you think these squadies are better behaved than 'hoodies'??

So obviously, you can count on my vote! Well said Amir, Well said (for a change) 3610695981

It would take a hundred years, but the hooligan element would fall away. And i don't think banning football is much of a realistic option, maybe just censor every single sun "Ashley Cole sleeps with 4 girls in one night rubbish" etc.

And you're not in the dropout group spunging off benefits, you earn and pay tax.... So not sure of your point.

And i had a RAF squaddie town near me, generally behaved as if they did step out of line then the punishments from superiors was severe. I don't know how they had it controlled in your town, but the guys who went out drinking never seemed to kick off much and if they did it was generally between themselves.

And regarding Khan, he does cop a fair bit of stick but alas there are two sides to every coin. On one side you have the arrogant monkey blabbering about various ill thought out issues and the other you have the kinda guy most of us would like to like all the time, not just in spurts.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:46 am

huw wrote:

But......

Coxy for PM!

So obviously, you can count on my vote! OK

Wasn't there an article in the Guardian/times a few years back saying how there are record numbers of ex service men in prison. The National Service idea is a load of keek. Rose tinted glasses are well and truely on if we think the Army is the way forward. If only there wasn't an illegal war going on a few people might just be interested.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:50 am

Bring back hanging

Give the police guns

Bring back National service

It's all since the loony left PC briage said you couldn't lock your kids in the cupboard when they're naughty

etc etc etc.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

huw wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:

I wasn't suggesting you should like or dislike him, just pointing out the thing you suggested he should do he has already done (and it was mentioned in the original article) and deserves a little credit for.

Fair enough, i hadn't noticed he had done that.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

coxy0001 wrote:

It would take a hundred years, but the hooligan element would fall away. And i don't think banning football is much of a realistic option, maybe just censor every single sun "Ashley Cole sleeps with 4 girls in one night rubbish" etc.

And you're not in the dropout group spunging off benefits, you earn and pay tax.... So not sure of your point.

And i had a RAF squaddie town near me, generally behaved as if they did step out of line then the punishments from superiors was severe. I don't know how they had it controlled in your town, but the guys who went out drinking never seemed to kick off much and if they did it was generally between themselves.

And regarding Khan, he does cop a fair bit of stick but alas there are two sides to every coin. On one side you have the arrogant monkey blabbering about various ill thought out issues and the other you have the kinda guy most of us would like to like all the time, not just in spurts.

I pay tax but there are others that could be in a similar situation where they aren't lucky enough to have rich enough families to be able to stay in education until they are 18. Just pointing out that to punish them for their poverty whilst ensuring people that had money could claim benefits seems a little tough.

Personally I feel that you or your families should only be able to claim amounts in proportion to the taxes they have paid, this would also fall down though as there are cases that would need to be looked at on a muich deeper level. Obviously if two orphans at 16 years old have a disabled child there would be issues with my system!

The army where I grew up would be fighting every weekend, usually whilst extremelly drunk and rarely against each other. Probably 30-40% were just idiots that were trained to kill.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:01 am

Banning football is a great idea. Im sure the hooligans will just go home and look to improve themselves as human beings if you take the national game away from them.

All ne'er-do-well's should do a stint in Roley's cage. Should sort them out.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

I don't have a problem with banning football. It's pap anyway.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:01 pm

Anybody see the film 4 lions? Unfortunately i can't listen to, or read quotes from Amir without thinking of the guy who say's 'i think i'm confused, but i'm not sure'.

that aside, good on him for putting a bit back in to his community.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7101502,00.html

Fair play to Khan,

I think he sums up a few good points here.

Like him or loath him, he is a good role model for young people and I hope he carries on the good work he does in regards to giving something back to society!

Didnt Khan run someone over then deny it was his fault, despite going through a red light. Hardly a role model.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:12 pm

But......

Coxy for PM!

I fully agree with the first paragraph. The rest of it was just David Cameron nuthuggery! thumbsdown

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down