The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well said Amir, Well said (DOH!!!)

+10
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
TopHat24/7
coxy0001
BALTIMORA
Lumbering_Jack
Rowley
School Project
Union Cane
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
14 posters

Go down

Well said Amir, Well said (DOH!!!) Empty Well said Amir, Well said (DOH!!!)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:08 pm

Just when I thought Amir was on his uphill quest for talking sense........

This happens....

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/106041.html
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Well said Amir, Well said (DOH!!!) Empty Re: Well said Amir, Well said (DOH!!!)

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

Oh deary me.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:15 pm

"I mean, he never takes on dangerous fighters like myself, by taking on a Maidana and Bradley. He likes to go in and take the easy route and fight the easy names that he knows he can beat."

"At the end of the day you have to remember Victor Ortiz fought on my under cards twice," he said. "[Marcos] Maidana is the guy who beat him, and then he goes Victor Ortiz is the biggest challenge out there for him, which in my eyes there are bigger names out there who I know can take Mayweather and give him a tougher fight than Victor."

"Also, if Erik Morales wins I think that will be a good fight for me because he's a big name, he sells more tickets than Maidana, and like I said there's a title on the line. " (After saying Mayweather is taking the easy route)

"Even if it's Matthysse, it's someone I have not boxed and someone I have not beaten and I think I'll take that fight. The best option I'm more looking at is the Morales fight against Matthysse."

He crrrrrrrazy!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:21 pm

Stick him in with Morales and we'll see another pointless fight on the scale of Barrera. He'll headbutt another Mexican legend to death.

Please can someone knock him out already?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:21 pm

Hate to see fighters accusing other boxers of ducking each other they should have a bit more respect for each other and for Khan to accuse Floyd of being likely to duck him in the future is premature to say the least. 12 months down the line Khan may well be a viable opponent for Khan but at the minute he is operating in the division below and for whatever reason has not proven he is the man at that weight. He would then be in a position to make noise about fighting Floyd.

Read a comment from Khan recently that he would not fight Kell Brook for as long as he is with Hearn, as Brook seems to want this fight does this mean Khan is ducking Kell as he is ruling this fight out?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:22 pm

This is why he has no fans, other than his family and hangers on.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm

Oh dear.

Khan told the On the Ropes radio show. "I mean, he never takes on dangerous fighters like myself, by taking on a Maidana and Bradley. He likes to go in and take the easy route and fight the easy names that he knows he can beat."

Might be a more persuasive argument if Khan had actually fought Bradley. Among other things. This is the guy who fought a couple of light-punchers, a good but past-it Zab (YEARS after Mayweather fought him), and if rumours are true wanted to fight Morales.

I've tried to like Khan, but he doesn't make it easy. What a pratt.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:24 pm

Fights the bigger challenges yet is looking at Morales (lost to Maidana) and Mathysee (lost to Judah and Alexander)

Someone bury their fist in his mouth please.

Would like to know who is a bigger fight for FMJ @ 147, Ortiz beat the next best man behind Manny. End of.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

But lads!!!

You are all ignorin Amir's point!!!

Mayweather hasnt fought a Maidana / Bradley type.

Maidana / Bradley type > Mayweather's career - I think its pretty obvious, don't you agree?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:27 pm

Ortiz did quit like a dog against Maidana but he has went some way to repairing his imagine through his good performance against Berto. Ortiz is probably the biggest test to Floyd (apart from Manny), even if it wont be close.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm

Reborn don't want to state the obvious or steal Balti's thunder but Khan hasn't fought Bradley, how can you take credit for wanting to fight someone, and if you can I want it noting I want to fight both Klitschko's, on the same night, if it doesn't happen I expect recognition for it, because we all know why it didn't happen

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

rowley wrote:Reborn don't want to state the obvious or steal Balti's thunder but Khan hasn't fought Bradley, how can you take credit for wanting to fight someone, and if you can I want it noting I want to fight both Klitschko's, on the same night, if it doesn't happen I expect recognition for it, because we all know why it didn't happen

haha that is now noted Jeff.

Mayweather seems to be ducking David Haye too as he hasn't fought an Audley / Ali type
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:32 pm

rowley wrote:Read a comment from Khan recently that he would not fight Kell Brook for as long as he is with Hearn, as Brook seems to want this fight does this mean Khan is ducking Kell as he is ruling this fight out?

Rowley, is this because of the McCloskey fight or is there another reason for the bad blood? If Khan does move up (almost certain in 1/2 fights time) can you see Brook being to Khan what Witter was to Hatton?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:32 pm

rowley wrote:Reborn don't want to state the obvious or steal Balti's thunder but Khan hasn't fought Bradley, how can you take credit for wanting to fight someone, and if you can I want it noting I want to fight both Klitschko's, on the same night, if it doesn't happen I expect recognition for it, because we all know why it didn't happen
Because you couldn't pass the medical?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:

Mayweather seems to be ducking David Haye too as he hasn't fought an Audley / Ali type

Did you just put Audley and Ali in the same sentence??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

So did you.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

So did you.

laughing
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
rowley wrote:Read a comment from Khan recently that he would not fight Kell Brook for as long as he is with Hearn, as Brook seems to want this fight does this mean Khan is ducking Kell as he is ruling this fight out?

Rowley, is this because of the McCloskey fight or is there another reason for the bad blood? If Khan does move up (almost certain in 1/2 fights time) can you see Brook being to Khan what Witter was to Hatton?

Believe so mate it was in this weeks Boxing News, basically seems to be an overspill from the McLoskey fight but god only knows why they have a problem with Hearn over this because from what I can gather all Hearn said was the arrangements and show was a bit of a farce and the stoppage was premature, both of what appear to be true as far as I can see.

As others have said try my best to like Khan and don't think he is a bad kid but think he is particularly badly advised, just look in this country he has already fell out with Sky, Warren and Hearn, pretty much three of the biggest powerbrokers in the sport.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

rowley wrote:Hate to see fighters accusing other boxers of ducking each other they should have a bit more respect for each other and for Khan to accuse Floyd of being likely to duck him in the future is premature to say the least. 12 months down the line Khan may well be a viable opponent for Khan but at the minute he is operating in the division below and for whatever reason has not proven he is the man at that weight. He would then be in a position to make noise about fighting Floyd.

Read a comment from Khan recently that he would not fight Kell Brook for as long as he is with Hearn, as Brook seems to want this fight does this mean Khan is ducking Kell as he is ruling this fight out?

Are you suggesting that he is likely to come down with a bad case of schizophrenia, Jeff?

It's a shame that Amir has gone and spouted this drivvle, just as he was getting a few people 'on side'. One thing that is true though, is that Ortiz is by no means the best challenge out there for Floyd, as Floyd has enjoyed telling us over the past month. Ortiz couldn't deal with a pretty poor fighter in Peterson. In summary, I think Amir and Floyd are both a touch deluded (though at least Floyd has 'been there done that' with regard to fighting big names and winning).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
rowley wrote:Hate to see fighters accusing other boxers of ducking each other they should have a bit more respect for each other and for Khan to accuse Floyd of being likely to duck him in the future is premature to say the least. 12 months down the line Khan may well be a viable opponent for Khan but at the minute he is operating in the division below and for whatever reason has not proven he is the man at that weight. He would then be in a position to make noise about fighting Floyd.

Are you suggesting that he is likely to come down with a bad case of schizophrenia, Jeff?

It's a shame that Amir has gone and spouted this drivvle, just as he was getting a few people 'on side'. One thing that is true though, is that Ortiz is by no means the best challenge out there for Floyd, as Floyd has enjoyed telling us over the past month. Ortiz couldn't deal with a pretty poor fighter in Peterson. In summary, I think Amir and Floyd are both a touch deluded (though at least Floyd has 'been there done that' with regard to fighting big names and winning).

TBH I think apart from Manny, Ortiz after the Berto fight is the best fight out there for Floyd (at Welter). Martinez is scheduled to fight Barker so that one goes out the window for now. Berto just got beat. Bradley hasn't really had a challange at welter. Khan is still a division below and would never fight Mayweather at this point in his life. Hes more interested in going down the hard route of Morales.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

Oh and Amir couldn't deal with a poor Euro fighter in McCloskey so why should he be considered against Floyd?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:52 pm

Fists for me the truth is that Floyd and Manny are so far in front of the rest of the pack whoever they fight without moving up more weights will be a little bit of a disappointment, Ortiz is a valid champion at his weight so is as valid an opponent as any, although not one that gets the pulse racing but that is true of anyone else.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

Indeed, Jeff.

Does anyone think that Marquez will give him fits again, or do we think that those days are gone?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

Can't see much wrong in what Khan is saying he badly wants Mayweather so is on a bit of a wum campaign. But has at least admitted he might " catch him at the right time". He's waiting for him to slow down.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Oh and Amir couldn't deal with a poor Euro fighter in McCloskey so why should he be considered against Floyd?

"couldn't deal"? Schooled him for round after round, outpointing him comfortably without ever breaking a sweat and taking almost nothing in return. Hardley "couldn't deal"....unless you were being sarcastic, in which case I apologise.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Indeed, Jeff.

Does anyone think that Marquez will give him fits again, or do we think that those days are gone?

Personally I do.

Manny just doesn't like counter punchers. He should win and quite easily but he won't look good doing it.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Can't see much wrong in what Khan is saying he badly wants Mayweather so is on a bit of a wum campaign. But has at least admitted he might " catch him at the right time". He's waiting for him to slow down.

That's how I see it as well.

Obviously when Hatton says stuff like this about Mayweather (also including someone he hasn't fought) he is all well and good:

“I'll go gentle on him, ... I promise not to rough him up too much. I just think him saying stuff like that is just him. He's like the Junior Witter of America, he hasn't got a good word to say about anyone expect himself. Personality wise, he's very different to me, that's for sure.”

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Oh and Amir couldn't deal with a poor Euro fighter in McCloskey so why should he be considered against Floyd?

"couldn't deal"? Schooled him for round after round, outpointing him comfortably without ever breaking a sweat and taking almost nothing in return. Hardley "couldn't deal"....unless you were being sarcastic, in which case I apologise.

Schooled?

To school an opponent you normally have to batter them. I was at the fight and all the thousands in attendance witnessed was Khan throwing punches and missing and McCloskey not throwing anything in return. Hench Khan winning by being more active. McCloskey only had one mark on his face from a clash of heads.

It wasn't quiet the wipe out in 3 rounds that a lot of people predicted. And McCloskey was the one to blame. But your theory of what a schooling is worries me.

Mayweather v Mosely = Schooling

Manny v Marg = Schooling

Khan v McCloskey = ermmm I don't think so
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

I think Khan's just baiting Mayweather to drum up more interest in a potential fight.

Nothing we haven't seen before.

Handbags at dawn.

Storm in a tea cup.

If any other boxer had made similar remarks (and many do) this article wouldn't even exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

emancipator wrote:I think Khan's just baiting Mayweather to drum up more interest in a potential fight.

Handbags at dawn.

Storm in a tea cup.

If any other boxer had made similar remarks (and many do) this article wouldn't even exist.

Its not the subject of what Khan's trying to do. Its the fact he claims that Mayweather hasn't fought a difficult opponent, hasn't fought Maidana or Bradley and is taking the easy route. Forgot about Khan's deadly route to stardom Doh
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

emancipator wrote:I think Khan's just baiting Mayweather to drum up more interest in a potential fight.

Handbags at dawn.

Storm in a tea cup.

Its not the subject of what Khan's trying to do. Its the fact he claims that Mayweather hasn't fought a difficult opponent, hasn't fought Maidana or Bradley and is taking the easy route. Forgot about Khan's deadly route to stardom Doh

Yes... I understood the point of the article first time around.

Like I said.. just baiting Mayweather, ie, your competition's not great.. you need to man up and fight me, ie, standard boxing speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

I haven't even noticed this was a different article, i thought it was the one about the riots, Khan at his best, what a tool.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

Given that Khan obviously doesn't rate Ortiz too highly and sees him as a soft option for Mayweather, how do you think a matchup between Khan and Ortiz would play out when Khan moves up to Welter?

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:53 pm

Emancipator, it's not the fact that Khan's baiting Mayweather. It's the fact he's doing it while over-stating his own achievements, and in the case of Bradley Khan is building his reputation on a fight he hasn't even had! As others have said already: anyone can do that. One decent scrap (Maidana) does not a legend make.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:05 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Emancipator, it's not the fact that Khan's baiting Mayweather. It's the fact he's doing it while over-stating his own achievements, and in the case of Bradley Khan is building his reputation on a fight he hasn't even had! As others have said already: anyone can do that. One decent scrap (Maidana) does not a legend make.

Ok Balti, that's a fair point.

However I do find it tiresome that some people can be bothered to trawl through each and every comment Khan makes in the hopes of finding something to criticise.

Particularly moreso given that he's a boxer and thus partakes in a sport with the richest history of trash talking, over hyping, with over-inflated personalities. This kind of talk is run of the mill and doesn't warrant overly vindictive criticism. I remember, not too long ago, many people excusing Haye's antics prior to the Wlad fight as nothing more than pre-fight hype and blustering - yet he definitely made some critical and cringe-worthy statements.

With khan, I don't get the impression that he's a bad character. He just says some stupid things (not surprising, he is a boxer after all) but gets taken to task for said comments more than most other boxers.

Perhaps a little perspective would be sensible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down