The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your greatest RWC concerns???

+27
aucklandlaurie
emack2
flankertye
formerly known as Sam
MBTGOG
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Great White
red_stag
Biltong
rodders
bedfordwelsh
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gunner
nganboy
dummy_half
welshy824
Rockola
Shifty
mckay1402
OzT
disneychilly
BATH_BTGOG
21st Century Schizoid Man
FullBack
screamingaddabs
caoimhincentre
HURLEY_BURLEY
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are your greatest RWC concerns??? - Page 2 Empty What are your greatest RWC concerns???

Post by HURLEY_BURLEY Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

My main concerns in advance of the RWC kick-off are;
1) What beer goes best with a full Irish breakfast?
2) How to keep a 15 month old son out of the TV room every Saturday morning for (hopefully!!) 7 weeks, and not get divorced?

Please advise!

HURLEY_BURLEY

Back to top Go down

What are your greatest RWC concerns??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your greatest RWC concerns???

Post by emack2 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:01 pm

Japan won`t win it ,go you little yellow fiends,show the big boys how!!!!
Boring Rugby has won more matches than its lost,Biltong don`t concede tries? 1995 and 2007 maybe but now?

emack2

Back to top Go down

What are your greatest RWC concerns??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your greatest RWC concerns???

Post by Biltong Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:15 pm

Alan, we need to make the final, before we can`t concede tries
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:00 am

emack2 wrote:Japan won`t win it ,go you little yellow fiends,show the big boys how!!!!
Boring Rugby has won more matches than its lost,Biltong don`t concede tries? 1995 and 2007 maybe but now?

I think 'you little yellow fiends' is a bit non PC nowadays Emack but I know what you mean

Reminds me of an ex girlfriends grandfather who refused to meet me because he had "fought against the nips in the war". I never got the chance to tell him that I was actually Chinese and we were on the same side laughing
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:10 am

nga
I had an Aussie uncle who for years refused to even go for a ride in a Toyota,he fought on the Kokoda Trail...........

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:29 am

HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:My main concerns in advance of the RWC kick-off are;
2) How to keep a 15 month old son out of the TV room every Saturday morning for (hopefully!!) 7 weeks, and not get divorced?

Please advise!

If you have to worry about falling out with your other half over watching rugby, you're with the wrong other half.

Simples.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:20 am

It was NOT a racist comment just a touch of levity,BUT they are playing some great Rugby."little yellow fiends" was a quote from the old Sax Rohmer Fu-Manchu books.Written I think long before the war[mid 1930s I think].
Any one who reads my posts Knows my views on THAT,it was not meant to offend,it was just a slip of the tongue.
If anything,the current Weather worries me,friends I once corresponded with told me about Conditions in Dunedin and Invercargill during snow periods.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by HURLEY_BURLEY Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:45 am

Great White wrote:
HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:My main concerns in advance of the RWC kick-off are;

Please advise!

If you have to worry about falling out with your other half over watching rugby, you're with the wrong other half.

Simples.

Now you tell me! Doh
Ah no, she knows the rugby is the one deal-breaker as it were.
If it was wendy-ball or bog-ball, no chance !

HURLEY_BURLEY

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

disneychilly wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:I'm concerned that the games will be on at stupid oclock in the morning

Welcome to life Down Under. All the European games are at stupid o'clock NZ and Aussie time, and the All Blacks never play day games at home any more to satisfy the European TV market.

Life would be so much easier if NZ rugby were just relocated to the Zealand province of the Netherlands (origin of the name NZ) and we just had the WC there. I believe that plans are already underway to relocate the population of Australia to London. SA can stay put.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm

emack2 wrote:It was NOT a racist comment just a touch of levity,BUT they are playing some great Rugby."little yellow fiends" was a quote from the old Sax Rohmer Fu-Manchu books.Written I think long before the war[mid 1930s I think].
Any one who reads my posts Knows my views on THAT,it was not meant to offend,it was just a slip of the tongue.
If anything,the current Weather worries me,friends I once corresponded with told me about Conditions in Dunedin and Invercargill during snow periods.

Good news for Ireland

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

My greatest fear? Missing any of Scotland's matches. I'm heading off to uni in a few weeks, bought myself a little 22" tv so I can hopefully lounge in bed and watch the rugby. The real issue being, and thus my worry is that I don't know when I'm in lectures. And with 3 of our games kicking off at 8:30am, a 9 o'clock lecture would ruin everything.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

GLove39 wrote:My greatest fear? Missing any of Scotland's matches. I'm heading off to uni in a few weeks, bought myself a little 22" tv so I can hopefully lounge in bed and watch the rugby. The real issue being, and thus my worry is that I don't know when I'm in lectures. And with 3 of our games kicking off at 8:30am, a 9 o'clock lecture would ruin everything.
Likewise, missing out on any of the games would SUCK! My only concern was our opener against Romania when I'm going to be in Orkney with eldest daughter messing around on an archaeological dig - have warned her that we'll be getting up in the middle of the night and sleeping late the following morning Laugh

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

GLove39 wrote:My greatest fear? Missing any of Scotland's matches. I'm heading off to uni in a few weeks, bought myself a little 22" tv so I can hopefully lounge in bed and watch the rugby. The real issue being, and thus my worry is that I don't know when I'm in lectures. And with 3 of our games kicking off at 8:30am, a 9 o'clock lecture would ruin everything.

Just don't go to the lecture. Pick the notes up from someone else. I did this for far worse reasons than watching rugby when I was at uni...
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by HURLEY_BURLEY Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

screamingaddabs wrote:

Just don't go to the lecture. Pick the notes up from someone else. I did this for far worse reasons than watching rugby when I was at uni...

Yeah, thats pretty lame Glove39.
To date I have been told to divorce my wife and grind up sleeping tablets into my baby's bottle, in order to watch the rugby.

HURLEY_BURLEY

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

I'm heading off to uni in a few weeks, bought myself a little 22" tv so I can hopefully lounge in bed and watch the rugby. The real issue being, and thus my worry is that I don't know when I'm in lectures. And with 3 of our games kicking off at 8:30am, a 9 o'clock lecture would ruin everything.

Normally I'd advocate going to 9am lectures and taking careful notes as they tend to have an excellent re-sale value (in beer terms anyway). However, if it's your first year then it is pretty damn easy if you did anything relatively similar at A Level plus over my three years at uni I think I only ever had 1 or maybe 2 modules with lectures at 9am.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:
screamingaddabs wrote:

To date I have been told to divorce my wife and grind up sleeping tablets into my baby's bottle, in order to watch the rugby.

Just get your kid to bed much later than normal so he/she wakes up later. Sometimes works for me.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
I'm heading off to uni in a few weeks, bought myself a little 22" tv so I can hopefully lounge in bed and watch the rugby. The real issue being, and thus my worry is that I don't know when I'm in lectures. And with 3 of our games kicking off at 8:30am, a 9 o'clock lecture would ruin everything.

Normally I'd advocate going to 9am lectures and taking careful notes as they tend to have an excellent re-sale value (in beer terms anyway). However, if it's your first year then it is pretty damn easy if you did anything relatively similar at A Level plus over my three years at uni I think I only ever had 1 or maybe 2 modules with lectures at 9am.

You lucky bar steward! I did engineering and we had plenty of 9ams. We had 9-5 lectures on a Thursday for the first two years! Thursday being the day after the rugby club socials every Wednesday...

For the 9 o'clocks I suggest getting together with some friends and taking it in turns to go to the lectures - the one who goes then photocopies the notes for everyone else. If you can make the group large enough you only have to go to the module once (and there is only one person at each lecture).
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

My concern's that I wont have a TV (Will be moving into Uni, can't afford a TV Licence) and that all the local pubs will be shut and not showing the matches...

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:
screamingaddabs wrote:

Right, well in that case I shall stalk my lecturers and track them down to their respective homes, I will then break into their houses during the night (although need to get back to my flat for the 2:30am kick off's) and find a way of making sleeping pills enter their system. Problem solved Wink

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:25 pm

Loosehead I didn't have to pay for a tv licence when in halls and when I lived in a house between the 4 of us it cost about £40 each I think (it's gone up since then). You could also pay it monthly, it's only £145.50 a year at the moment that isn't that expensive. ITV normally stream the games on their website so you could always watch it on there as well.

I did engineering and we had plenty of 9ams. We had 9-5 lectures on a Thursday for the first two years! Thursday being the day after the rugby club socials every Wednesday...

All my 9ams were on a Thursday morning as well. Considering all the dirty cheap nights out were on a Wednesday (e.g. 'Skool Disko', £2 a quadruple voka and mixer) I'm suprised anyone made it. I was lucky that I researched the potential accomodation and picked one closest to the lecture halls and the centre of town.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

I simply didn't go very much on Thursday mornings. I believe the 3 trebles with mixers for £5.50 was the chosen tipple for many. I was usually in for the 11 o'clock though, hang overs weren't so bad when I was 19...
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:13 am

I declined a job in NZ to make sure I could see ALL the matches for the 1995 Cup.
I then declined a new job and move in China so I could see ALL the matches for the 2003 Cup.

I've sort of given up now. Sad
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:30 am

I am going to be there for 10 days. Luckily i have loads of friends in NZ that have offered up beds and fod for my stay. I cant wait to taste that brilliant NZ lamb again, something special about that Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

GLove39 wrote:
HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:
screamingaddabs wrote:

Right, well in that case I shall stalk my lecturers and track them down to their respective homes, I will then break into their houses during the night (although need to get back to my flat for the 2:30am kick off's) and find a way of making sleeping pills enter their system. Problem solved Wink

HEY GLove DID U MAKE THIS VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMxTZr5mnY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ITS PRETTY COOL.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2