The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argentina Side For Wales Test

+23
jb1973
The_Hound_of_Harrow
TycroesOsprey
welshy824
Shifty
Cymroglan
Effervescing Elephant
Smirnoffpriest
munkian
Turkster
RubyGuby
Seagultaf
BATH_BTGOG
Comfort
nottins_jones
funnyExiledScot
HammerofThunor
deadfred
formerly known as Sam
mckay1402
screamingaddabs
Coleman
MBTGOG
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Argentina Side For Wales Test - Page 4 Empty Argentina Side For Wales Test

Post by MBTGOG Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Argentina 15 Martin Rodriguez, 14 Horacio Agulla, 13 Marcelo Bosch, 12 Santiago Fernandez, 11 Gonzalo Camacho, 10 Felipe Contepomi (c), 9 Nicolas Vergallo, 8 Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 7 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 6 Julio Farias Cabello, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Manuel Carizza, 3 Juan Figallo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.
Replacements: 16Agustin Creevy, 17 Martin Scelzo, 18 Mariano Galarza, 19 Alejandro Campos, 20 Alfredo Lalanne, 21 Nicolas Sanchez, 22 Juan Imhoff.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Argentina Side For Wales Test - Page 4 Empty Re: Argentina Side For Wales Test

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

I have not underestimated the opposition.

I have pointed out the reasons why there are weaknesses inthe argentine side and why we can win well. Ive said again and again that they need to play with brains and composure.

Do you think Carwyn James or Graham Henry or Geech or any great coach would be saying just make sure you win boys, in a game like this? no they would be telling their side to go out and express themselves and prove how good they are. Espescially with a side like Wales who thrive on confidence.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:No, the primary objective is to win. A good win is secondary. You get the job done and if you can put a good score on them,all the better; but if you send out a team with the mindset that they're going to win comfortably, that has real potential to backfire.

I dont think anyone in the game goes out with that level of complacency... Wales and in particular their management and coaches have done their research well for their last two games and we have more and more successfully nullified the opposition.

Over two tests Wales improved as time went on, learning and improving, while their opposition found more and more questions they couldn't answer.

It is right to be confident in Wales doing well tomorrow afternoon, they are proving that they are a decent team. The mix of youth and experience is working well, the squad on a whole is playing well.

I cant wait.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

I see where you're coming from, Tycroes. But the underlying message has to be that you do what it takes to get the job done. If you get the job done in style, all the better, but you get the job done first and foremost.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

I've always been happy to win ugly if need be, However that's very difficult with my looks thumbsup

Last edited by RubyGuby on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:35 pm

Of course you need to get the job done and as Ive said that comes by using their heads and playing composed rugby, but the boys should be confident that if they do that they can win well.

Wales by 15-20 points.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

I hope so. There have been signs of improvement the last two matches and we look much more threatening with ball in hand than we did in the Six Nations. I just don't think the game's the gimme that some posters (not you!) seem to think it is.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I hope so. There have been signs of improvement the last two matches and we look much more threatening with ball in hand than we did in the Six Nations. I just don't think the game's the gimme that some posters (not you!) seem to think it is.

No Game is ever a gimme, expectation and fact do have to have some differentiation, but the lads seem to have a good run of form so heightened expectation should be predictable.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 19 Aug 2011, 6:11 pm

I think the confidence has spread to the coaching staff there is none of the normal pre-match nonsense.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 19 Aug 2011, 7:02 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I think the confidence has spread to the coaching staff there is none of the normal pre-match nonsense.
I think you are right.

All the coaches have taken a massive slatting from members on these boards and many others. Some points are justifiable others just mere frustration or reflected pessimism. But there appears to be a plan to me, and it seems to be coming to fruition just in time. I guess that is due to the amount of time the squad have spent together. Lets hope it keeps working and is a good enough plan to surprise us all.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4