The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India 4th Test Debate

+29
SimonofSurrey
Carrotdude
EnglishReign
legendkillar
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
activereactive
Hoggy_Bear
robbo277
Pal Joey
GSC
alfie
Islingtonv2
Cowshot
We Are Number 1!!!
msp83
dyrewolfe
Dorothy_Mantooth
Mike Selig
Stellar Key
Gregers
eirebilly
jbeadlesbigrighthand
dummy_half
wadey101
Fists of Fury
Corporalhumblebucket
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
ShankyCricket
Liam_Main
33 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

England vs India 4th Test Debate - Page 12 Empty England vs India 4th Test Debate

Post by Liam_Main Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

England line-up:

1) Andrew Strauss (C)
2) Alistair Cook
3) Ian Bell
4) Kevin Pietersen
5) Eoin Morgan
6) Ravi Bopara
7) Matt Prior (WK)
8) Tim Bresnan
9) Stuart Broad
10) Graeme Swann
11) James Anderson

India line up:

1) Gautam Gambhir
2) Virender Sehwag
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) VVS Laxman
6) Suresh Raina
7) MS Dhoni (C,WK)
8) Amit Mishra
9) Ishant Sharma
10) Sreesanth
11) RP Singh

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Un-stickied)
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

England vs India 4th Test Debate - Page 12 Empty Re: England vs India 4th Test Debate

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

Yeah but every side is weak against good fast bowling on fast pitches. If its a fast pitch Broad, Bresnan, Tremlet and Finn could bounce out any side for 200. Whilst our b atsmen may lose a few fingers and get their avergaes rudeced to sensible figures the Englnad bowling attack can give as good as any out there even if it does lack a genuinly fast bowler.
Flat piytches in Sri Lanka and India are the ones that hold real question marks for the England side. The batsmen are as strong against spin. The second spinner slot is an open question.
The 5/0 drubbing by Aus wasnt quite as bad, England were undeedogs going into that not the number one side in the world and put up much more of a fight than India did in this series despite teh one sided scoreline in wins loses.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

England vs India 4th Test Debate - Page 12 Empty Re: England vs India 4th Test Debate

Post by Cowshot Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

Yeah but every side is weak against good fast bowling on fast pitches

I'm considering the difference between being no 1 ranked and being the indisputably best team in the world as the great Windy and Aussie sides were. I agree that good fast bowling is always dangerous, but it has been a theme that while we've soundly beaten pretty much every style we've played, the one exception to that is really good fast bowling, with evidence from Perth, SA and against the Pakistanis.

I'm hoping you are right about the damage our attack would do in those circumstances. I think there's a good chance of it and am looking forward to the SA series. Smile Shame it's only 3. mad I am also very much looking forward to watching two spinners in action in the subcontinent, Swann and Panesar or Pietersen or someone entirely new.

I suppose the 4-0 was more emphatic. Actually, 2 by an innings and them never past 300..yeah, that's an absolute coshing, but 5-0 is still one more win, even if I'm fairly sure we'd have hammered the sorry Indians again. They were totally gone, mentally.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:14 am

If you give enough indians enough bats sooner or later they will score 300 runs (but still lose by a horrific margin)

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:08 am

india wont get 300 anywhere lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

Normally I don't bother with the 50 over stuff (think it mostly wrecks cricketers) but I probably will this time, just to see if the Indians can produce in what seems to be their favourite form of the game.

And rather than just blaming the Indian players, I'm more inclined to point the finger firmly at the BCCI. This Indian squad were totally shot before they even got here, and that's the fault of the Board.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

Thing is they probably will get over 300 in a 50 over match

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:39 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Flat piytches in Sri Lanka and India are the ones that hold real question marks for the England side. The batsmen are as strong against spin.
Sorry playing spin in Asia is much tougher, then playing the likes of Mendis, Mishra etc in England. These bowlers dominate in home conditions. We struggle vs spin on the sub continent.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:57 pm

its going to be a completely different test for us this winter in the sub-contient

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:00 pm

England must prepare for 2012 tests away by preparing thoroughly. That means going away for a week or two preferably somewhere hot and practicing on slow wickets with little movement.

Now the one day series. This is a tough ask for England but given the weather I wonder how India will do in the cool evenings and equally cool days perhaps we upset them ? ! I think Cook needs luck with a few tosses and everyone plays better than we have in a long time in this format. Then there might be a slim chance of no indian summer this September Very Happy

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:22 pm

Stellar Key wrote: England must prepare for 2012 tests away by preparing thoroughly. That means going away for a week or two preferably somewhere hot and practicing on slow wickets with little movement.

I think this is key. We prepared perfectly for the Ashes last winter and I'm sure we'll do the same for this. If we go into the series fully prepared and with lots of practice matches then I'm confident we can do well.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Troubke is theres not enough time to prepare for everything properly.

India won the world cup , and screwed the summer tests. England won lots of tests and were limp in the world cup.

England have currently targetted the next 50 over world cup as a prime goal, whilst retaining tests number one status. Doing that would be a hell of an acheivement

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

I seem to recall someone on this site saying that they could simulate most conditions at Loughborough, so hopefully that should help with preparations.

I don't watch Sky, but my reasons are political not cricketing. And I have to admit that the additional money from Sky seems to have been important in such things as Central Contracts, subidising the Counties, funding three squads for the different formats, and maybe such facilities as the one referred to at Loughborough. All of which have played their part in E&W's current success.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:00 am

who the better batsman strauss or gooch?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

cricketfan90 wrote:who the better batsman strauss or gooch?

Gooch without a shadow of a doubt

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

Gooch >>>>>>>> Strauss

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:49 am

KP>Gooch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strauss

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

Gooch>>>>>>>>Strauss>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone>>>>>>>>>>KP

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

Gregers wrote:Gooch>>>>>>>>Strauss>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone>>>>>>>>>>KP

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

First (and probably last) time I've ever seen anyone (implicitly) write

Chris Martin>>>>>>>>>>KP

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

Gregers wrote:Gooch>>>>>>>>Strauss>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone>>>>>>>>>>KP

Gooch>>>>>>>>Strauss>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone>>>>>>>>>>KP>>>>>>>>>Bopara

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:02 pm

Haha

Poor old Ravi Laugh

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:45 pm

chris martin in the worst batsmnan in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:chris martin in the worst batsmnan in the world.

Chris Martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bopara

Wink

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

lol what happened to darren gough what does he do nowadays?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12