The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Swagger's title reign in 2010

4 posters

Go down

Jack Swagger's title reign in 2010 Empty Jack Swagger's title reign in 2010

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:23 pm

First of all, he won the WHC by cashing in on an injured Chris Jericho. He held onto the title for a couple of months, beating orton and then got disqualified against the big show.

The biggest mistake was having him lose the WHC to Mysterio at fatal 4 way. What they should have done was let him hold it until MITB, when Kane would cash in at the end of the night. This would have turned him face and then he would have become involved in the kane-undertaker fued, which would have propelled him to main event status and one of the main guys in the company. What do you think?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Jack Swagger's title reign in 2010 Empty Re: Jack Swagger's title reign in 2010

Post by JoshSansom Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:28 pm

I think he could be a very good face character. Imagine...

Dolph loses his next match and blames Vickie, he starts screaming and shouting at her until Swagger comes out and makes the save, thus turning him and Vickie face. Those two could then have a great feud over the mid card title to give them both a push into the upper part of the card. It would also help to solidify Ziggler into a proper character by him being a heel without Vickie.

And before you say "why turn Vickie?" I think her heel character has turned stale and he basically only gets booed for the Excuse Me line - which is equivalent to Cole getting booed for announcing the Anon GM emails... it is not real heat on their actions.

I think that she has shown a talent in the industry and could easily replicate this as a face character as well.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:34 pm

A nice idea if WWE had wanted to make him into a main event star which I don't think they did by the time Fatal Fourway came around. His Money in the Bank and title wins came out of nowhere and he was thrust into the main event, taken from the shallow play pool and thrown into the deep end and then he was told he couldn't swim and has been sent back to the changing rooms.

I do think he could make a face character, he's got the obvious patriotism route to go down.

Unfortunatly Josh I can't ever see Vickie becoming face, basically for the reason you've already said; she doesn't get booed because she's a good heel but simply because the fans don't like her; X-Pac heat basically. Remember she still got booed when the giant Undertaker man-handled her!

I like Swagger and hope something is done to save his career.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:43 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:A nice idea if WWE had wanted to make him into a main event star which I don't think they did by the time Fatal Fourway came around. His Money in the Bank and title wins came out of nowhere and he was thrust into the main event, taken from the shallow play pool and thrown into the deep end and then he was told he couldn't swim and has been sent back to the changing rooms.

I do think he could make a face character, he's got the obvious patriotism route to go down.

Unfortunatly Josh I can't ever see Vickie becoming face, basically for the reason you've already said; she doesn't get booed because she's a good heel but simply because the fans don't like her; X-Pac heat basically. Remember she still got booed when the giant Undertaker man-handled her!

I like Swagger and hope something is done to save his career.

I don't think it is X-Pac heat though - it is just that she had legitimate heat and because there has been no real change in her character this has continued. This would be a very different time from the Edge/Taker feud. I think that enough time has passed for the WWE to portray her in a different light, given that she is the wife of Eddie Guerrero (who remains much loved) it would seem a little bizarre if people merely disliked her or it the company couldn't turn this around. The big thing would be for her to be in a situation with Ziggler and the crowd to boo Dolph independently of Vickie. This would be great because it would show that Dolph could draw heat without Vickie by his side.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

It's definitely X-Pac heat, Vickie is a rancid character and her voice goes through you, she'd never make a remotely decent face

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:58 pm

the-gaffer wrote:It's definitely X-Pac heat, Vickie is a rancid character and her voice goes through you, she'd never make a remotely decent face

Character's change though ... the WWE could at least try

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm

Why flog a dead horse, you talk about WWE trying to make the fans like her because they loved Eddie, lets face it her act has been crapping all over his memory ever since with being whored out to Edge, Show, Dolph and that nobody who got FE'd about 2 weeks after being paired with her.

X-Pac had two best pals in HBK and Trips in their peak who had the run of the place, add that to the fact Kid was a damn good worker and they still couldn't turn that around, Vickie is horrible but at least she gets the correct reaction, changing that for the sake of it is pointless and needless.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:21 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Why flog a dead horse, you talk about WWE trying to make the fans like her because they loved Eddie, lets face it her act has been crapping all over his memory ever since with being whored out to Edge, Show, Dolph and that nobody who got FE'd about 2 weeks after being paired with her.

X-Pac had two best pals in HBK and Trips in their peak who had the run of the place, add that to the fact Kid was a damn good worker and they still couldn't turn that around, Vickie is horrible but at least she gets the correct reaction, changing that for the sake of it is pointless and needless.

Woah... OK... point made, lol. I just think that she has ability to garner a reaction and it would be interesting to see if she could do that as a face character or not. If not then I really don't see there being much point in her being on screen at the moment, they could try and bring her back at some point in the future to get a better (i.e. bigger) reaction.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:43 pm

I agree with gaffer with this one, she has very little association with Eddie these days.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:44 pm

I agree with you in that she shouldn't be on screen at all but if she has to be on screen then please God stick to what shes good it and thats getting X Pac heat and helping the face in the feud get over

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down