The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
Sin é
Redrage
Mrs Penfro
littleswannygirl
greybeard
Mick(TEFC)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
mickyt
PenfroPete
red_stag
Adam D
prop_lyd
Mickado
Suspicious lurker
Luckless Pedestrian
Ozzy3213
KiaRose
nottins
Standulstermen
WillyGilly
Gibson
Glas a du
Cymroglan
Notch
Thomond
MBTGOG
poissonrouge
Cari
34 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Stephen Jones photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:27 pm

Well what do you know Stephen Jones is going to his 4th world cup, I thought it was only his 3rd. More than fitting to have his pic above the bar (note to Breadvan, don't think I didn't see your comment earlier boxing Wink )

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

Thanks for the comments folks and sorry for the late response, but I'm still having email recognition problems. Hopefully I've sorted it now.

You're right mrsp; For DWS (only 31) and Worzle these could be career decision injuries.

I would have posted a link, but having had to re-register, I'm on 7 day probation for posting links.

Portnoy, give over bud. I know in a squad that clubs are often running with around 25% injuries during a season, but to have so many 1st teamers crocked before we've even started the season is not 'normal'.

I'm really gutted for Rees, but am forming the opinion that he is the wrong 'build' for a modern day 7. He would make a pretty good centre though.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:11 pm

Harrow - that's a shame about those injuries. It's never pleasant reading about such things, and for that list all in one team doesn't sound good. I wish each of them well in their recoveries anyway. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:16 pm

evening,
And despite kia's warnings, the bed is outside,under the tree;still hot and sweaty.

Hughie,complete sympathy,man;HR has nothing to do with H&S? Seems that anyone who wants to pull a line on someone in the Uk is free to do it.they got squealers out after the "riots', and now for someone smoking mad mad mad
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

Just got off the phone to my Mam. Her and my Dad are planning on going on holiday for two weeks in September and stopping over to see my brawd in Gibralter (I'm not jealous at all) coz they've not seen him since Christmas. I've been asked to return home for some of it to look after my cat, and I honestly blydi well can't wait. Looks like I'm set to have at least 5 days back in Talley with the house to myself Very Happy

The one downside - I may have to miss the Scarlets' home game against Leinster on the 24th, unless my uncle is amazing and takes me to the match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:34 pm

poissonrouge wrote:
I tried. I really did.
Yes Mrsp. Me too. Sometimes... just sometimes - it doesnt catch.
Its enough to know we did. Head up girl. Hug
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

Cari - Hug

Cheers.

Enjoy the idyll dreamer; I'm jealous if you're out in the country (apart from the cat bit). Not a cat person Smile

And if anyone I communicate with wants my new email address then please PM me.

Right, where's that 'Foe' option Wink

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm

Ok,slooooowly catching onto so of this elliptical conversation,Going to Norfolk in a afew weeks;will probably get down to Suffolk and check out that black dog.

anyhow,how go the red fish,Bog cloggies et al?

Also awaiting on a cardio rehab;hopefully for Christmas and New Year,like last time;empty corridors,but now I have SKYPE
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

Foes
Foes are members whose messages will not be visible and who won't be able to send you Private Messages or post on your Wall.
Note that you cannot ignore the moderators or the administrators.

Looks like that red ink is a permanent feature then Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:Ok,slooooowly catching onto so of this elliptical conversation,Going to Norfolk in a afew weeks;will probably get down to Suffolk and check out that black dog.

anyhow,how go the red fish,Bog cloggies et al?

Also awaiting on a cardio rehab;hopefully for Christmas and New Year,like last time;empty corridors,but now I have SKYPE
Bog Cloggie departs for Red Light City tomorrow morn in the AM . Via Red Fish City Airport. Over...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:51 pm

Evening people guinness time I reckon.

Just watching The Great British Bake Off. I like baking but this is something else entirely. And it's pastry this week, my nemesis! censored
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

Bog Cloggie departs for Red Light City tomorrow morn in the AM . Via Red Fish City Airport. Over...

Will continue this soon,OK Bruv?Luv ye man
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

Has puff pastry always been gay?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

La Cygne Aiguisee enters the conversation talking of pie week;that is strictly unfair for those of us who can't participate
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:03 pm

Sorry Chef

It's bread next week if that makes you feel more included? Hug Smile

I can do bread far better than pastry! Sweet potato, feta and red onion bread is just angel
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:05 pm

Id love to bake a cake. But I dont have the ingredients. Or the necessary skills. That's it. Im going to bake when I get home. Must be such a buzz when it turns out proper and people enjoy it. I think I'll start... with Apple Tart.

Chef, je ook jonge. Ik hou van je mon chere. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:08 pm

Advertise on this site?

Man this place has changed.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

I tried wedding cake once never again.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:13 pm

Willy,
They need to, to keep it alive. Its a victim of its own success. Hero explained the options for growth eloquently in a post. I dont mind. Otherwise, we'd have to move Hosts and that would be a disaster. People are now paying for it from their own pockets. Admins, Founders etc. Not on. To grow, it needs sponsors.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I tried wedding cake once never again.
laughing
I know some goys who love the smell of Wedding Cake. Not mentioning names like...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

I don't mind adverts if they are in keeping with the site but if it's for dating sites or encouraging people to borrow money then we could do without them.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

Was at a wedding recently where the groom got his way over the cake. Was immense. 3 different cakes - fruit, chocolate and sponge, each telling the story of their romance in... Wait for it... Lego figurines. Class with a capital 'c'.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

Fair enough. Don't read back on these pages often enough.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:21 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Just got off the phone to my Mam. Her and my Dad are planning on going on holiday for two weeks in September and stopping over to see my brawd in Gibralter (I'm not jealous at all) coz they've not seen him since Christmas. I've been asked to return home for some of it to look after my cat, and I honestly blydi well can't wait. Looks like I'm set to have at least 5 days back in Talley with the house to myself Very Happy

The one downside - I may have to miss the Scarlets' home game against Leinster on the 24th, unless my uncle is amazing and takes me to the match.

Sorry Dreamer, I would offer to do the honours, but my inconsiderate so called sister in law has decided to get married that day. Jeepers, women eh?

Rolling Eyes
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:22 pm

Anybody remember this horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NPKuyDWt4k

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

Aww feck Muller's got himself a plane ticket to New Zealand. Great for him, he well deserves it. Bad bad news for Ulster.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I don't mind adverts if they are in keeping with the site but if it's for dating sites or encouraging people to borrow money then we could do without them.

What do we want?

selective capitalism

When do we want it?

oh, don't put yourself out like
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

[quote="Hound_of_Harrow"]Cari - Hug

Cheers.

Enjoy the idyll dreamer; I'm jealous if you're out in the country (apart from the cat bit). Not a cat person Smile

And if anyone I communicate with wants my new email address then please PM me.

Right, where's that 'Foe' option Wink

[/quote

Hound - yep yep, right in the middle of the countryside Smile Not so much of a cat person either but I love mine to bits, she's amazing.

Glas - that is one exceptionally inconsiderate sister in law, did she not think to check the Scarlets fixtures first?! Wink diolch anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Evening pub.

This got me depressed...from Wasps's website

"Tom Rees suffered an ACL rupture in a pre-season game against Agen. He has had surgery on the injury and is expected to be out of the game for 6-9 months.

Rob Webber experienced some groin pain in a pre-season game against Agen but is making good recovery and should be back in contention for selection for the opening game of the Premiership season.

Joe Launchbury and Joe Burton suffered concussion symptoms in a pre-season game against Agen. Both have resumed non-contact training and are likely to be fit for selection for this weekend’s final friendly against Benetton Treviso.

Sam Jones suffered a stress fracture in his foot in training last week and will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Dan Ward Smith continues to experience problems with his back having suffered an injury at the end of last season. Dan is currently seeking further medical advice on the injury and the club will be in a better position to update on his condition in due course.

Joe Worsley has experienced a flare-up of a neck injury which has prevented him from taking part in training in recent weeks. Joe will receive further medical advice on the injury in the coming weeks and the club will update on his condition as soon as a definitive prognosis is made.

Dom Waldouck continues his rehab from a torn Achilles suffered last season. He is making good progress and is on course for a return to the game in October.

Ross Filipo damaged cartilage in his knee but is back running and likely to return to full contact in the next three weeks.

Elliot Daly continues to recover from a nerve injury in his shoulder suffered at the Junior World Cup this summer. He is being regularly monitored but no fixed time-frame has been set as yet on his return.

UHugo Southwell who hasn't yet featured for Wasps since signing over the summer, is expected to be in contention for this weekend's game against Benetton Treviso."

How unlucky is Rees?

With him, Worsley, DWS Webber and Waldouck crocked, plus Daly and Launchbury having forced their way into the 1st team last season, we have half a team out before a ball is kicked in anger.

Sad Sad Sad

Southwell looks likely to start against Treviso this weekend.

Just to make a quick riposte,

Tigers have Newby, Green and Crane all set to miss the majority of the season, plus Parling.

And that excludes the eleven who will be missing on international duty. I weep for the Wasps.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm

Wasps will be fine never say Dai Young is there

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:42 pm

Evening all, lost netball by 2 goals tonight in the rain steam We were 2 goals up half time when I went off ( we 4 male players on the team and only 3 are allowed on-court at once so we each have 1 quarter off). We were 3 down when I came back on for the last quarter. So as a result we get a tougher semi-final next week.

Of course, because the season was extended by a week due to the venue closing the week of the riots, we won't have a full strength side available for the final if we win through anyway.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Obviously it was the womens fault

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

sorry to hear that Kiwi!

Tafarn Newydd/New pub: https://www.606v2.com/t12305-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#396234

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

Yeah, alright Portnoy. We shouldn't have any sympathy with injured players, whether their from your team or not.

Good luck to your crocked guys. thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20