The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11

+3
andy powells minder
Biltong
Shifty
7 posters

Go down

Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11 Empty Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11

Post by Shifty Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXad30DSfg&feature=player_embedded

Seriously guys if you want the Webb Ellis trophy that much, just take it! Shocked

Just let our boys home safely so they can play in the 6 Nations! Run
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11 Empty Re: Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

That is quite awesome, but they are just trying to scare you. They aren't really allowed to cut off you head and put you in their soup, it is really just a welcome.

It says we are happy you are here to come and play with us, we are sure there will be some smashing, some grabbing and some hits, but if you do not come to play with us, then we have nothing else to do.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11 Empty Re: Flash Haka @ Sylvia Park, 4.Sept.11

Post by andy powells minder Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

Somehow a rendition of sospan fach, I doubt would have them quaking, would it?? Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

The Haka performed years ago was far less intimidating no throat slashing involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88yqbmmJKRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oorOfboFys&feature=related

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:28 pm

Would the IRB have intervened if anyone had come within 10m of the people doing the haka?

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

Nah, there was no line drawn in the sand, by the looks of it they were surrounded anyway.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

It's quite fitting for the Haka to be taking place in a shopping centre. It represents the Adidas All Blacktm's image to a tee thumbsdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

Question If the opposition does decide do their own thing by warming up at the other end of the field surely the IRB cant punish them for simply continuing with their own preparation ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Question If the opposition does decide do their own thing by warming up at the other end of the field surely the IRB cant punish them for simply continuing with their own preparation ?

The only instance I have ever heard of that happening was in the Classic Bemuda sevens in the 90's.
New Zealand and the British Lions made the finals, and when New Zealand did the Haka, the Lions did the Hokey Cokey...
Sufficing to say you don't have to guess which side got torn to bits, and which side won the cup!
It was taken in good spirits by the All Blacks though, and both sides enjoyed themselves. thumbsup

There was also an instance in the early 90's, where Australia went to their dead ball area and made a circle for a team talk, while the All Blacks did the Haka, the NZRFU threatened to stop doing it, if it wasn't going to be respected and since them to my knowledge no team has disrespected it.
I think it was prior to the 1991 World Cup from memory.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

Nice work fellas.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

Just saw this. This isn't about rugby specifically. It's just another Internet/ phase our youth are going through.

I thought it looked a lot of fun though our Kaumatua will be cringing at this.

Its popping up all over the place...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

Hi Taylordude, looks like kids having a lot of fun to me - no harm done and the bystanders seemed to really appreciate it.

Why would the Kaumatua be cringing out of interest?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:15 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
Why would the Kaumatua be cringing out of interest?

Hi ya... one sleep to go ay PJ! yehoooooo!

Our elderly maori will likely view it as another urban youth lack of respect thing, placing the haka unnecessarily on the stage (jeans/ shorts and all) for its spectacular/ shock value rather than what it was originally intended for.

I enjoyed it but its one of things that'll eventually tire and lose its energy. Obviously some were on stand by to throw it onto You tube as there are several versions on the site...

Just a comment. Nothing to take seriously...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:36 am

Seems to have taken forever to come around this time Taylorman and that's unusual becomes time normally goes by quicker the older I get....

I suppose anyone going to NZ for the WC will be totally at home with the haka, but shows like that must still add to the feeling of being inside the "world's biggest rugby stadium".

I see what you mean though, I guess a lot of people like me have such a strong association between the haka and our game that we tend to overlook the traditional heritage of the Maori. Doh

I was just looking at it from a RWC perspective and thinking how much fun it looked and was interested to know why it might be seen in a negative light, and now I know.

Good luck to you and yours Taylorman, it would be nice to see a NZ - Eng final, but that's never going to happen (I think you know my thoughts on that), how many games have you got tickets for, all 7?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

Yeah sport has highlighted the haka around the world and these kids are rolling off that popularity.

England NZ final is one of the most likeliest scenarios (NZ/ SA vs Oz/Eng being the most likeliest semis) so I reckon yep that would be grand!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down