The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Argentina - match thread.

+44
G2
RuggerRadge2611
RDW
offload
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
maestegmafia
Breadvan
Notch
paulscholes
perand25
disneychilly
Adam D
Taffineastbourne
MMC
TheGreyGhost
Standulstermen
EnglishReign
rodders
valjester
DaDubs1
HammerofThunor
nathan
Cymroglan
Pal Joey
TBJ9625
fa0019
doctor_grey
B91212
Artful_Dodger
Dai Tryin
narmstrong
Gatts
lostinwales
mrzimmerman
Mad for Chelsea
Taylorman
eirebilly
nottins
Cari
majesticimperialman
Thomond
dubh_linn
Davie
Biltong
48 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 3 Empty England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep - 8:52

First topic message reminder :

My prediction was England by 10, so hopefully the Argentinians give a good account of themselves.

This will have to be a great match to live up to the one we have just seen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Sep - 10:20

Lawes again. looked like knees to upper body.

Very tough physical game. Pretty to watch. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by nottins Sat 10 Sep - 10:21

Gatts wrote:LAWES lead with his knees...the guy will be banned!

Don't talk garbage.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 10 Sep - 10:21

well that was a pretty awful half from England, need to be much smarter, play the ref better, etc...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:21

ah man when you think Argentina could have been 18-6 ahead.....

Missed kicks are going to bite them in the bum big style 2nd half.

Can see England breaking away in the last 20.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 10 Sep - 10:21

Do you think there's someone in the England changing room, frantically Tippexing numbers onto the shirts? Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep - 10:21

Well so far it's been all Argentina apart from one very good English break.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep - 10:21

You'd have to shoot ledesma before he comes off...argies can do it but with no felipe this might be their waterloo

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Sep - 10:22

I think Lawrence must have issues over the black shirt.

Lawes does have some history as a 'destructive' tackler - but usually its scrum halves.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep - 10:22

nottins wrote:

Don't talk garbage.

grow up, he lead with his knees

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 10 Sep - 10:22

England just haven't got their hands on the ball enough, thay need to get possesion, get territory, go through the phases and the rest will come...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Sep - 10:23

Ref might as well be wearing a puma's top right now, he's not being very consistent!!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:23

Cari - Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sat 10 Sep - 10:23

rugbydreamer wrote:what! why go for a drop goal there aregentina?? such a waste.

Your either the fastest typer in the world, some kind of mystic meg or we have a vary slight time delay over this side of the Atlantic. The ball was still in the air when your post popped up.

England lucky to be so close considering the missed penalties.

Last edited by B91212 on Sat 10 Sep - 10:24; edited 1 time in total

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Sat 10 Sep - 10:23

well not the best half for england. But what seems apparant to me is that England have not spark of attacking play??? Very sterile?
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep - 10:24

RD if Argentina were behind going into the break I would agree with you but their first half performance will have given them confidence.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat 10 Sep - 10:24

Perhaps England are too pumped.... always on the edge of the gain line, being over zealous at the breakdown and tackling like demons.

Perhaps they should dop the intensity just a little, I can hardly remember England stringing together more than a half a dozen phases at a time.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 10 Sep - 10:24

I still see no need for concern within the England ranks. They will weather thestorm and kick on in the last 10-15mins.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 10 Sep - 10:24

I have a problem with the ref saying "blue - stay up" and then constantly allowing the Argentinians to flop straight on top of the ruck, but England giving away a couple of early pens meant he had his eye on them quite clearly...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Sep - 10:24

Gatts wrote:
nottins wrote:

Don't talk garbage.

i couldn't see any contact with knee/head looked like his crutch hit him!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:25

It's 3 point lead Cymro - tis not enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep - 10:25

Mad for Chelsea wrote:England just haven't got their hands on the ball enough, thay need to get possesion, get territory, go through the phases and the rest will come...

which they seem totally incapable of doing, they seem frozen. If Argentina maintains this level of intensity England's inability to adapt their game will cost them

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:26

B91212 wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:what! why go for a drop goal there aregentina?? such a waste.

Your either the fastest typer in the world, some kind of mystic meg or we have a vary slight time delay over this side of the Atlantic. The ball was still in the air when your post popped up.

England lucky to be so close considering the missed penalties.

I think you must have some sort of delay! I do type fast, but not that fast!

Nathan - twas definitely his knee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep - 10:26

nathan wrote:
Gatts wrote:
nottins wrote:

Don't talk garbage.

i couldn't see any contact with knee/head looked like his crutch hit him!

not saying a word

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Sep - 10:26

You've got to give it to the Pumas, they have thrown everything into the breakdowns, quick up on defence forcing England to lose shape in attack... except for a few occasions out wide or in broken play.

Still think England will finish stronger but need to find more composure and dictate play. They'd better - I tipped them by 15.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 10 Sep - 10:27; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 10 Sep - 10:27

rugbydreamer wrote:ah man when you think Argentina could have been 18-6 ahead.....

Missed kicks are going to bite them in the bum big style 2nd half.

Can see England breaking away in the last 20.

Not quite right as if the first had gone over the ball would have been kicked off from halfway instead of the 22. They wouldn't have been in position in the next one. But they should have had a couple maybe 9/12-6

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 10 Sep - 10:27

There he is! The painter and decorator putting the numbers on...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep - 10:28

the breakdowns for both teams are a bit of a mess at the moment, both teams are recieving slow ball and aren't really doing much with it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:28

ah you nit picker Hammer!

They'd still have had more of a cushion going into the 2nd half though. 3 points is nothing in this match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Sep - 10:29

They certainly could do with a Hernandez... or dare I say - Hugo Porta!
I've never seen Argentina kick so badly - reminds me of some other team I know beginning with "A" chin

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

BL seems to get something in his head and refs the whole game like that. One example is Vickery in the 2009 Lions. another was the 2009 England v France game. France were completely reffed out of the game and we battered them. He doesn't tend to be a balanced ref (not to any particular team just in general)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

The commentators got it right. England are not playing the referee correctly. But they need to get some life in their play. They look slow and lethargic. And also get the ball out quicker. Argentina look like a team waiting for thier opponent to make mistakes.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

Albania?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

Gatts wrote:

🤦

Grow up yourself.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

Gatts wrote:
nottins wrote:

Don't talk garbage.

totally agree that was designed to deliberately injure...probable citing...possible ban

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaDubs1 Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

England are lucky to be in this game. Argies have lost their key players and could be in a lead with a double figure difference.

Any other team id say it will demoralise them losing key palyers and not making those kicks. But the argies will push on. If Argentina dont get the next score, England should still win decently. This game proves the Argies certainly arent over the hill. Yet

DaDubs1

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

nottins wrote:

Don't talk garbage.

He should get a banning for the second incident, not much wrong with the first one definitely not a late tackle and although maybe you could argue that he used his forearm instead of wrapping I don't think there was anything in it.

However; going in with your knees is inexcusable and, although I don't think it was on purpose, it is dangerous play. You should never go in feet first or knee first, it is cowardly and likely to result in an injury.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Sep - 10:30

This is realy a bad start for England, you could say it is world cup nerves or somthing.

But you have to give credit to Argentina they are doing enough to keep England at bay.

England must play better in the second half.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Sep - 10:31

biltongbek wrote:the breakdowns for both teams are a bit of a mess at the moment, both teams are recieving slow ball and aren't really doing much with it.

Yes mate... a dog's dinner in there. How is it by the way? Did you send the dog away before tomorrow's match? Dog laughing

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep - 10:32

Just thought about this, why is it that Wilkinson misses a kick in front and Contepomi as well, they are playing inside, there is no wind?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 10 Sep - 10:33

England aren't doing justice to those black jerseys at all. They've been a bit of a shambles and Argentina have completely dominated that 1st half.

I think their failure to put those points on the board will come back to haunt them though as with Contempomi off they are really going to struggle in attack in the 2nd half. They look pretty old to me and I think when the game opens up in the 2nd half they'll be in trouble but to be honest they should be at least 20 points ahead right now.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 10 Sep - 10:33

Great start for Argentina. Can't complain about the pens really, we need to shape up fast!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:33

wow, first red pen comment of the rwc take a bow nottins and gatts. Seriously there is no need to descned into childish 'you grow up' 'no, you grow up' comments. Gatts expressed an opinion, nottins either argue the case against it or don't say anything. calling someone's opinion garbage is hardly constructive.

And this goes out to everyone now (although I don't think you all need it) let's have good, constructive debate like we've had during this world cup so far please. Mutual respect and all that. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep - 10:34

Bad sign early.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep - 10:34

Linebreaker wrote:
biltongbek wrote:the breakdowns for both teams are a bit of a mess at the moment, both teams are recieving slow ball and aren't really doing much with it.

Yes mate... a dog's dinner in there. How is it by the way? Did you send the dog away before tomorrow's match? Dog laughing

Greyghost phoned the SPCA when we played our away team in the Tri nations, so they took the dog away, GG said I can get it back after the RWc if I prove to him I can remain calm.

Otherwise things are good.

I see thus far my formula has only worked on one game.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:34

2nd half under way and a good start from Argentina.

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep - 10:34

Rodriguez butchers a certain try. mad

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 10 Sep - 10:34

nathan wrote:Ref might as well be wearing a puma's top right now, he's not being very consistent!!

Surely not poms whinging about the ref. If it keeps up england will be lucky to keep 14 on the pitch. Disgraceful negative play. Nice to see a ref do something about it. England need to get positive. Scotland won't miss this many kicks.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 10 Sep - 10:35

Oh oh oh! Pumas! You should've got in there.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 10 Sep - 10:35

England in big trouble here!!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep - 10:35

argh Argentina!!!! so close!!!!! They have to score here! (please!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next